Guy tips. Ok guys what do we want?

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Guy tips. Ok guys what do we want?

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:39 pm

As requested by flagchild06 here's the thread for guy tips. I'm doing laundry right now so I'll post a reply after I've tossed stuff in the washer.

I also have to think about my answer since most of you are high school kids.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altogirl06 » Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:56 pm

yes, please share !!!!!!!!!
Nothing is impossible with God!

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:28 pm

This post involves some of my moral and ethical conservativeness. I said in the earlier post that I have to think about this one a bit since most of you are high school kids. The reason I say that is becuz that age group is very much influenced by the media. I really hate seeing young girls imitating what they see by dressing in certain clothes and behaving a certain way. One thing that disgusted me was watching an MTV special on young girls' ways of being "independent". In that show they said that being outwardly sexual is a way of being independent women. They cited Britney and Christina Aguilera as examples of that. First of all if you think you are being independent by acting and dressing like them then think about this. You are dependent on guys looking at you for your looks and your behavior. Yeah you're getting attention but what guys are looking at isn't inward at your personality. Basically you are offering yourself only as eye candy. I've seen a once close friend of mine slip into this and I'm disgusted at how she turned out. Young girls don't need to be slutty to be attractive.

Some of you may be scratching your head seeing as I'm a "frat guy". Let me just say yes I've been to parties and seen some things. I've seen some slutty girls do some slutty things and I feel they present themselves as someone cheap. When I talk of girls in the slutty sense it's only guy talk between us. What I really want is beyond that.

Personally I like morally conservative girls that know how to be independent without showing their stuff. I think I might as well describe my current interest since I'm falling head over heels for her and she has what I'm looking for in another person. She and I used to see each other earlier in the school year but she broke it off becuz she was taking a lot of classes (20 units is a lot) and working 20+ hours a week. Even though it ended back then I'm happy that she showed she had her priorities straight by choosing school over me. We still are good friends and months later we've started talking and hanging out a lot again. I took her to my fraternity's formal and compared to the other girls she presented herself like a regal stateswomen. Basically she didn't act like a slut yet she was still fun to hang out with. She's not high maintainance which a personal preference. I respect we only have certain amount of time outside of school to hang out. Communication and truth is also another thing I like about her since she speaks her mind (now THAT'S independence). She's also sweet and kind which is great. I like also how when I talk to her it's like we connect. I fell for her becuz of these things before her physical aspects.

Physically she's short, cute and petite. At the fraternity formal one of my bros came up to me while intoxicated and said "Hey you're date isn't stacked." If it wasn't that he was drunk I would have socked him and said something to the extent that she's the girl I love. Her being cute is just icing on the cake but if she gained weight I'd still like her cuz I like what's on the inside of her. Currently the situation and conditions is just like that of the buildup to before we were going out so I'm just being chill about it. I give her subtle hints about how I feel but I don't lay out everything cuz that'll just ruin the buildup.

Anywho if you didn't want to read everything I'll list shortened snips.

1. Don't be a slut.
2. Be yourself.
3. Chill and hang out.
4. Communicate but don't let it all out. Guys like the chase as long as it's going somewhere potentially. This leads to..........
5. Be honest and don't toy with a guy's heart.
6. Don't worry about how you look. If you want a quality guys AND relationship then he will look at your personality.
7. Have fun.

That's all I can say for now. I'll post more if I think up of more.

Lizzy05
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lizzy05 » Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:33 pm

:roll: that's sweet... hope the best for you two...
OHS '01 - '05

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altogirl06 » Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:03 pm

thanks guys!!!! i want to know what guys like in girls most that should really stand out. :)

Cole167888
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cole167888 » Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:18 pm

We really don't care if your make up is uneven or your shoes don't match your outfit....if a guy doesn't like you for something stupid like that, you can find better. When I look for a girl, I want someone who is kind of quiet, not shy...but not too loud and an attention hog. Annoying girls that giggle a lot and say stupid things don't last long at all....so if you're going to do that to flirt with a guy, I don't see much chance with a relationship. PM or IM me if you wanna talk about other stuff.
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altogirl06 » Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:27 pm

good advice , thank you cole !!!! :)

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:31 pm

Hmmm...

1. Regardless of what you look like, be proud and confident in who you are!!! There are PLENTY of guys out there (:wav:) who like girls with bigger curves. You don't need to be 110 lbs. or and skinny as a flag pole to be attractive!

I can't really say I have any "tips" other than that... it'll differ from person to person. Just be yourself, and be comfortable with who you are and you'll be fine.

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:42 pm

Now when you say flag pole do you mean silk included? Metal or wood? ;-)
Thanks guys for assuring us women-folk that there are still guys who don't care if a girl has an hour glass figure or whether her butt looks right in jeans. It makes us girls who aren't size 3 c cup barbies feel better to be assured that men are still human beings. No offense, but I go to "Look at me! I can show more skin with clothes on than off!" type of school where the guys are non-human. So, thanks guys. You've made my day more sparkly. Oh and Mike, that's sweet and thanks for starting this thread.
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:12 pm

This sorta applies to both sexes. If you're one of those longing for a guy/girl and it gets to you then just hang out with your guy/girl friends. Personally when I chill with my bros I never get that "longing" feeling even if some of my bros are hooked up and got their girl next to them.

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altogirl06 » Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:21 pm

flagchild06 wrote:Now when you say flag pole do you mean silk included? Metal or wood? ;-)
Thanks guys for assuring us women-folk that there are still guys who don't care if a girl has an hour glass figure or whether her butt looks right in jeans. It makes us girls who aren't size 3 c cup barbies feel better to be assured that men are still human beings. No offense, but I go to "Look at me! I can show more skin with clothes on than off!" type of school where the guys are non-human. So, thanks guys. You've made my day more sparkly. Oh and Mike, that's sweet and thanks for starting this thread.
well said flagcild !!!!! 8-)

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:07 pm

Thanks for all the lovely advices, I go to the same school as flagchild06 where all the guys like slutty girls and such, so it's a relief to know that there are real human males out there ;)

Vaddpopxsquirrel
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Vaddpopxsquirrel » Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:58 pm

Here's a question..what do u get a guy for a gift?? birthdays..anniversarys..etc??
This has always been tuff for me

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:23 am

Tough for us, too. I really don't want much of anything.

Try a gift certificate for CDs and such at Borders or Virgin Megastores. Or a nice dinner.