Engaged/Thanks

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

mkosbie
Drum Major
Drum Major

Re: Engaged/Thanks

Post by mkosbie » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:00 am

Aww, thanks for all that sentiment. I think I'll print this forum page up, put it in an envelope, and stick it in a box in case I ever get lonely in the future.

As for coming, I would love to have any of you at the wedding... if you happen to be in Israel. It's August 19 at Ulmei Beit Yisrael, Kiryat Zanz, Jerusalem (Israel). Map here if you need to find it. Hope to see you all!

Seriously guys, thanks. For all the unmarrieds: You should merit to find the right person soon, but in the right time for you. For all the marrieds: Anything I should know before I put a(nother) ring on her finger?
It's 5:00... do you know where your ancestors came from?

fieldshowqueen
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by fieldshowqueen » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:59 pm

Grats and woot! :clap2:

I've been married 26 years as of June 24. I have no advice for you other than compromise, compromise, compromise (and always admit that she is always right).

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:54 pm

fieldshowqueen wrote:I have no advice for you other than compromise, compromise, compromise (and always admit that she is always right).
There was a commercial for the sitcom "Rules of Engagement" many months ago that hilariously summed up what FSQ just said. Patrick Warburton's character says, "Audrey wanted a dog, but I didn't want a dog. So we compromised and got a dog." :lol:

Best advice I can give you: learn how to fight/argue. ALL marriages have fights. This is not unhealthy as long as you're fighting correctly:
- ONLY fight over important stuff (once you sit down to make this list, you'll realize this is a small list)
- ALWAYS fight the issue, not the person.
- NEVER use personal attacks
- ALWAYS fight "in the now": NEVER bring up incidents from the past to throw in their face.

Yeah, boyfriends and girlfriends have arguments. It's not the same, believe me. The longer you're with a person (hopefully) the more you love them, and the more intense and passionate your disagreements will be. Learn how to fight with one another as soon as you can.

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:01 pm

your wedding is on my birthday!!
again CONGRATULATIONS!!
WHS '05, UCSB '10
WOP OT Round 1 Picture Battle Champion!
WOP OT Mafia Game II: First ever mafia champions
http://officeofstrategicinfluence.com/spam/