What's the acceptable age?

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

What's the acceptable age?

Post by flagchild06 » Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:27 pm

Okay usually the guys that always go for me are like 18 and 19. The glitch is that I'm 14 going on 15. I know that it's normal to date guys that are only like a grade or two, or a couple years older but it's not like I can choose who likes me or not. My guard usually has issues with it when older guys hit on me or when I date them. I don't believe in premarital sex, so that's not an issue. I just wanted to know what the acceptable age difference is. I mean, people marry when there's a 15 year age difference, so why is it so wierd now when we're young?
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

sonya
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sonya » Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:02 am

the difference is that at this phase in life people go through a lot of change and developement, so every year really counts. Twenty five years from now, when you're hitting 40, you're not gonna be doing as much changing, so five years won't make as much of a difference; but right now, those 4 or 5 years mean a world of difference in maturity, savoir faire and sexual experience. You should be with someone who can be your peer and you can learn things with, not someone so much older than they've already experienced what you're discovering.

On a side note, it's a little disgusting for a 19 year old guy to be hitting on a 14 year old girl. They tend to do it because younger girls are more impressionable and trusting than girls their age are, and they can't get girls their age. I don't necessarily mean you're immature, but you haven't been around the block as much as they have, yet. You can't "choose who likes you or not"? lol.. well at least you got the sex part straight, although if anything goes wrong... Please be wise, forewarned, and responsible. You're just 14; it's not like these guys are the love of your life, you don't need to be in a relationship with them just because you think they like you.

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:33 am

Note: I'm on flagchild's guard and it's not that we disapprove or have issues, we're just worried about you!! Becuase what Sonya said about 19 year olds hitting on 14 year olds is right most of the time. Age preference is different for everyone but just be careful, we don't want anything to happen to you.

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:22 pm

i think the only problem of having older guys that really like u (meaning ones that arent hitting on younger people cuz they are easier bait) that hit on u is that it intimidates people that are younger/same age that probably have the same strong feelings but have to supress them feeling they are "out of league" that's just my opinion

arcadiatrumpette
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by arcadiatrumpette » Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:25 pm

i was REALLY lucky my ex boyfriend wasn't a creep.

i was 13 and he was 17 when we hooked up. it all just sort of fell into place...i never heard anything shady about him...and being with him for a year proved his un-shady-ness....he's still one of my best friends right now (i just lost romantic feelings for him). i don't wanna discourage you, cuz it is possible to be with someone older...however, you just gotta watch out. sometimes you don't have a choice when it comes to premarital sex.
q: what was dr. beat before he became a doctor?

a: a metro gnome!!!

----
diggadiggadiggadiggadadaDUMMMM

EUHSguardGirl
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by EUHSguardGirl » Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:02 pm

All I can say is be careful. I've always been with older guys. But I've always been careful. My last bf tried to get me to have sex with him, so I dumped him. Some older guys WILL try to take advantage of you. But when you and an older guy sharte true feelings for each other, I see it as okay. Maybe you attract older guys because you are slightly more mature than other girls your age? That's definitely my situation--guys in my grade are too immature for me. So i go for the older ones. :) If it makes you feel any better, when I was 14, my last b/f was 18.

...and the one I want now is 17...heehee. So I guess that's not too bad.
Just be careful, okay? You know your own boundaries and limitations, so remember to stick with them no matter what the situation is. ;)

shorts
Rookie
Rookie

heh.

Post by shorts » Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:18 pm

when i read girls talking about their old ex/current boyfriends, to myself i'm like "gross....wait that's my case." it's weird, i'm just not used to it. before i met my boyfriend (17) i always thought girls were crazy that dated guys 3 years older than them. but now i understand. so if any of you girls feel like no one understands, i do. and if you don't feel like no one understands...i do. Ü

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:29 pm

In high school the age difference is like the difference between a kid and a maturing adult.

Right now for me girls under 18 I don't consider. There's a definite difference in maturity and it was very noticeable to me when my pledge bro and I went to my fraternity's formal. My date was a year younger and his date was his gf that was still in high school. The gf also brought along her friend cuz she wanted to see what a "frat party" was like. Anywho at my table that night was us and our pledge educator and his date. Those two are 22. All through dinner the topic of conversations distinguished the ages. The high school girls just kept talking about stuff that made them stick out as younger. It got really annoying cuz it was like they were trying to get attention. When they left the table the rest of us had a time of relief.

Same thing happens when I'm at The Block and my friends and I are walking around. High school kids stick out and when they do it gets annoying.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

shorts
Rookie
Rookie

bah.

Post by shorts » Sun Oct 12, 2003 2:25 pm

you can't say that all high school girls are like that. maybe they are, or maybe you're just more mature for your age. my best friend is a freshman in college, along with my close cousin and a few other friends. when you stick labels on girls younger than you, you will probably miss out on meeting some rad ass people. as you have probably read, my current boyfriend is a senior while i am a freshman. i never thought that would be dating a senior, and he never thought that he would be dating a freshman. stuff happens though. maybe you should be a little more open minded.

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:39 pm

If I wasn't open minded I wouldn't be here as the OT moderator. It's true maybe I'm missing out on meeting people but in my environment I don't hang out with anyone under a certain age. It's like would a high school aged person hang out with elementary aged kids in a social setting?

sonya
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sonya » Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:49 pm

lol! "If I wasn't open minded I wouldn't be here as the OT moderator"

Perhaps you just dig the authority, Mike ;):Pjk What you say does have a lot of merit.

Hey, I'm glad all you all have the right idea about sex. Arcadiatrumpette, if any guy calles you a tease for not giving it up, just smack him and leave.

shorts
Rookie
Rookie

hmm...

Post by shorts » Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:52 pm

possibly... kidding, just being smart :D i see what you're saying, but it's kind of not the same because you do alot more maturing during middle/high school than elementary school. i know that college kids are different than high school kids, but it's not as drastic as elementary kids. you dig? i know where you're coming from though, don't think that i'm an idiot and have no idea what you're talking about. what i kind of meant was that going from a senior in high school to a freshman in college doesn't change you dramatically. alot of my senior friends have some college friends, but they are mostly guys and guys never mature anyways....

GongGoddess
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by GongGoddess » Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:34 am

lol i must be a lil screwed up in the head, my boyfriend is 21 and im 16 but ive always dated guys much older then me, most boys my age dont know how to treat girls let alone be in a real relationship and it does depend on both partners if the girl is all about getting rides in his car and making him buy her things then no its not cool or if the guy is all about gettin some and making himself sound like the man... then there are someguys who are weirdos and are into younger girls, if you see him hitting on only girls your age steer clear of him, but then there are those guys who just conveiniently fall into your life at the right place and time and happen to be one of those ppl who you can just smile about all the time and when its like that you really dont care if he is 2 3 or 5 years older then you because theres a connection that goes far beyond age or looks or what makes you laugh i dunno i just wnet off into outer space
good night yall
Dont touch me there your not a priest...

but I'm his illigatimate love child

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:44 am

GongGoddess wrote:lol i must be a lil screwed up in the head, my boyfriend is 21 and im 16
This is only my opinion but....geez....going for the young ones is kinda criminal. That would have been widely acceptable in medieval times but that age gap at that age group is criminal in my opinion.

18 - 16, understandable cuz the guy might have just gotten to college with a high school girlfriend

19 - 16, pushing it

20 - 16, guy needs to move on....seriously

21 - 16, guy REALLY needs to move on

TrumpetsRule17
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TrumpetsRule17 » Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:57 am

[UCI]-Mike wrote:
GongGoddess wrote:lol i must be a lil screwed up in the head, my boyfriend is 21 and im 16
This is only my opinion but....geez....going for the young ones is kinda criminal. That would have been widely acceptable in medieval times but that age gap at that age group is criminal in my opinion.

18 - 16, understandable cuz the guy might have just gotten to college with a high school girlfriend

19 - 16, pushing it

20 - 16, guy needs to move on....seriously

21 - 16, guy REALLY needs to move on
lol seriously
i thot it was illegal to even marry someone more than 3 yrs younger if they r a minor...
taken advantage of...
USC c/o 08
Arcadia Band vp 03-04
Arcadia Trumpet sl 03-04
Arcadia c/o2004