What's the acceptable age?

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:10 am

Technically, the rule is this:

One person under 18 + One person over 18 = ILLEGAL

I'm not saying I agree with it, but that's the statutory rape law in California.

sonya
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sonya » Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:54 am

GongGoddess wrote:lol i must be a lil screwed up in the head, my boyfriend is 21 and im 16 but ive always dated guys much older then me, most boys my age dont know how to treat girls let alone be in a real relationship and it does depend on both partners if the girl is all about getting rides in his car and making him buy her things then no its not cool or if the guy is all about gettin some and making himself sound like the man... then there are someguys who are weirdos and are into younger girls, if you see him hitting on only girls your age steer clear of him, but then there are those guys who just conveiniently fall into your life at the right place and time and happen to be one of those ppl who you can just smile about all the time and when its like that you really dont care if he is 2 3 or 5 years older then you because theres a connection that goes far beyond age or looks or what makes you laugh i dunno i just wnet off into outer space
good night yall
I don't know what scared me more, the stark lack of punctuation and the inability to coherently articulate a thought, or the part where she's in a relationship with a 21 year old because older guys "know how to treat girls" and "be in a real relationship".

I'd like to commend my first post in this thread to all of you underage girls. Please read it. I'm not your mom or anything, but, you know. *shrugs* If you need to look at it this way, when you're 19 or so like Mike and I are, and you look at the guys our age who date the 15 and 16 year olds, you tend to laugh at them. The guys I know like that are just hella intimidated by girls their own age, and know that younger girls are a bit easier and fall a lot harder.

God plays sax

What the????

Post by God plays sax » Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:36 pm

You are obviously looking for trouble asking other bandees for love life advice i mean come now we have no lives its y we are in band :vomit:
Your trailer parks called............they want their trash back

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Re: What the????

Post by formermarcher » Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:48 pm

God plays sax wrote:You are obviously looking for trouble asking other bandees for love life advice i mean come now we have no lives its y we are in band :vomit:
I cannot disagree with you more. Dude...if thats how you feel, do your band a favor and get out of it.
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007

dreams&jellybeans

Re: What the??

Post by dreams&jellybeans » Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:07 pm

i agree bandos arent the best people to ask for love advice but saying we dont have lives? speak for yourself :roll:

God plays sax

Post by God plays sax » Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:20 pm

well its the truth if you have a life it leaves no room for band and do my band a favor i did my band a favor by joining it thank you very much

God plays sax

Post by God plays sax » Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:22 pm

:vomit: :flush: :wav:

dreams&jellybeans

Post by dreams&jellybeans » Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:27 pm

do us a favor by not being so cocky :? thank you very much

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:02 pm

It is possible to have a social life and be in band at the same time. It's a wonderful tool called time management.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

shorts
Rookie
Rookie

wow.

Post by shorts » Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:15 pm

[UCI]-Mike wrote: This is only my opinion but....geez....going for the young ones is kinda criminal. That would have been widely acceptable in medieval times but that age gap at that age group is criminal in my opinion.

18 - 16, understandable cuz the guy might have just gotten to college with a high school girlfriend

19 - 16, pushing it

20 - 16, guy needs to move on....seriously

21 - 16, guy REALLY needs to move on
Who died and made you 'king of relationship law'? I mean seriously, this entry of yours was so shallow. I am at a loss of words because of what a complete jerk this made you look like. Maybe it's just me, but that's what I got out of it. You never know who you're going to meet, and I seriously hope one of these days you meet a really cool girl that's a few years younger than you. And then I hope she realizes that you are shallow and laughs at you. Because if you were standing here next to me while you said this I would have laughed at you. I don't know where it is written saying that a guy that has an interest in a girl 2 years younger than him is a criminal. And I also don't know where it is written saying that you determine that he's a criminal or not. To Sonya, you are just as rude. Maybe you and Mike should go away and be rude together and then live happily ever after. You seriously did not need to criticize her grammar in her entry. The topic was not to write your best paragraph so Sonya could point out all the things that were wrong with it. And I'm pretty sure that Mike the King of Relationship Law didn't walk by and stamp your forehead with the "I'm going to parade around WOP and criticize people's grammar" stamp. I could find some mistakes in your entry, but I chose not to be that much of a loser.
I don't see why it's really that big of a deal to you. If the 2 people are happy, then they are happy. That's all that should matter. It shouldn't really matter how old they are or aren't. I'm pretty sure that you and Mike don't walk around all day asking couples their age difference, and when you find out that it's more that 2 years laugh at them. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if you did...

jrichmond68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jrichmond68 » Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:10 pm

wow.

I really don't know how to reproduce my exact feelings, but let me try:
1) David Hannah(aka FormerMarcher, wlWWcap, OrbOfThera, DruidOfCedar, etc) why would you tell someone to do his band a favor and quit because he claims to have no time for heavy dating? As I recall, you didn't have much of a social life either. In fact, NONE OF US DO, becuase we are tyoing comments to eachother on the fricking internet. jeez

2) shorts. Since when has looking out for a girls well being been considered shallow? I'm sick of this "Well they're happy, it must be ok" crap. The reason laws and social custom are in place is to PROTECT YOUNG GIRLS. period. If all guys were insensitive jerks, there would be no rape laws.

3) I really need to go get dinner.

thank you, and goodnight

Cymbal_Queen
New Recruit
New Recruit

i know!

Post by Cymbal_Queen » Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:24 pm

i've dealt wihth the same prob. i'm 15 but i look 19-21 (it really depends on what i wear & how i do my make up) you just have to be sur ethe guys not a creep and watch out. older guys usually will try to force you to do more. i think it is healthy to date older guys for the majority of girls anyway. personally i wont date anyone over 4 years my senior (older) and aboulutely no one younger, i've always been a little more mature than guys my age
Tequila : "Stupid whore!"
Me : "I'm not stupid!"

The quote on the back of my drumline shirt :
"It's not an allience, it's a cult"
- Kelia Iha, Drumline Captian-Snare, Class of '05

GongGoddess
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by GongGoddess » Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:40 pm

thank you for pooping on my post, all i have to say is that i am online and i honestly dont care if i appear to have the writing skills of a first grader as long as i get my point and opinion accross, im glad that some ppl took my advice kindly( whether they agreed or not) and its too bad that there are ppl like you in this world you need attention so badly that they must over analize things and prove someone else wrong just so they get noticed, i hope you enjoyed the bit of attention i just gave you because that is all you will be getting from me
Dont touch me there your not a priest...

but I'm his illigatimate love child

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:35 pm

This thread has outlived its usefulness. Time to get medieval on some peeps. :maul:

I really don't know how to reproduce my exact feelings, but let me try:
1. Shorts - you're fourteen, you don't know a hell of a lot about relationships. NO fourteen year old does. Normally I don't like to make blanket statements, but in this case it's the truth. Until you've grown up, dated numerous different people for several years, or even LIVED with someone or been engaged or married, you really have NO IDEA how much there is that you don't know about relationship. I didn't know crap about relationships when I was a teenager, either, even though I thought I did. Bottom line: your post railing against Mike and Sonya was very immature and completely unacceptable. They were just offering up differing opinions based on seperate experiences.

2. jrichmond68 - I don't know what your history with "David Hannah" is, and I don't care. I'm getting mighty sick of seeing you reference him in almost every post you leave. I don't care if you hate his guts or not, keep the personal attacks off this forum. (PS - Even though I myself post on this forum a lot, I still somehow manage to have a life... and a full-time job... and a full-time girlfriend.)

3. GongGoddess - I'll go a bit easier on you, but allow me to explain: you say your goal is to get your point and opinion across, but that's difficult to do with poor grammar and "IM-speak." Simply put, you are on a public forum with a bunch of strangers and it's generally a good idea to use proper grammar and spelling in such a setting. Not to mention that you will need good writing skills for a heck of a lot of things in life that are far more important than an online forum; so it's good to start getting used to using them as early and as often as you can.

4. God plays sax - "I did my band a favor by joining it" is one of those interesting phrases that is automatically false the instance it is spoken.