2009 Oscars thoughts

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Chapagne
Veteran
Veteran

2009 Oscars thoughts

Post by Chapagne » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:31 pm

Who were all the snare drummers in the big "The Musical is Back!" number? Did I see correctly that there were many more back stage?

Uh...the Musical was back eight years ago. Heard of a film called "Moulin Rouge"? And if the musical is back, why weren't any of the best songs nominated from a musical?

How nauseating was the tribute to those who died in the last year? Literally, I think I got a little air sick. Sometimes you couldn't even read the names of who they were honoring. While it was very nice to have Queen Latifah singing, she didn't need to be on camera as she was not the one being honored.

I missed hearing all of the nominated songs. Come to think of it, that's probably about all of the songs from "Slumdog" I needed to hear. Does anyone have songs they would have nominated? None of the three seemed to have anything that would contribute to the overall greatness of a film.
"The conductor of an orchestra doesn't make a sound. He depends for his power on his ability to make other people powerful." - Benjamin Zander

LoyalTubist
Section Leader
Section Leader

Re: 2009 Oscars thoughts

Post by LoyalTubist » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:59 pm

I miss Oscar's. I think they closed down in the mid 1970s.

seanrj
Veteran
Veteran

Re: 2009 Oscars thoughts

Post by seanrj » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:47 pm

Chapagne wrote:Who were all the snare drummers in the big "The Musical is Back!" number? Did I see correctly that there were many more back stage?
Those drummers were from the USC Band. Yes, there were also more than just the snares. There were tenors and basses as well.