NObama, Keep the change!

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Re: NObama, Keep the change!

Post by The Aceman » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:31 pm

Let's keep this discussion about the president's and not attack each other okay. No need to get personal because you feel strongly about politics.
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.

BD94Euph
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by BD94Euph » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:47 am

[quote]gratuitous hatred... huh... kind of like your original post where you are already bashing Obama because of how much the inauguration celebration costs?

and i too hope he does not have the same tragedies occur under his watch. Like Katrina... which was handle with such swiftness and efficiency.

I will give respect to leaders when respect is due. I did not vote for him in either election. And, if you recall in the first election I was in the majority as Al Gore actually won the popular vote. And with a 22% approval rating upon his departure, I find myself in the majority again.

And if you want to start this thread with a pretty harsh posting about our current commander in chief, you better recognize that your latest post finds you in a glass house holding a rock.
[quote="BD94Euph"]

BASHING is a good word if you're trying to ignore what I said and make a good case for an argument. But here it is again, I was pointing out that in this economy which everyone thinks is a bottomless pit, it sucks to see $145 million spent on a party. Listen, is the peaceful transfer of power and leadership something we should be proud of and celebrate. Does it really need to cost that much? If so, OK. It just seems like a lot of money right now. I don't care about Bush or CLinton's party...I'm asking and stating in present tense. Why can't some of us get that? As we've seen in recent years, it's supposed to be perfectly fine to question the president, bash him, throw, spit, egg him. I ask a question about the fiscal responsibility about the cost of inaugurations and THAT has people excited...you people are too funny.

PS- respect IS due. Doesn't matter who you voted for. Doesn't matter who I voted for. A President deserves our respect. You can be all excited that you are in a majority if you'd like. I never really wanted to make decisions or worry about that. Hell, instead of playing 3 varsty sports, I played in the band. Not really too overly excited about being in the majority. But good for you. Gore won, Bush's numbers sucked, what was the other thing? Oh yeah, Bush lied, people died...right...

Glasses houses aren't nearly as dangerous now that we eliminated the glass ceiling. SO see, nothing to worry about really. And once again, disagreeing with a man doesn't mean he's evil or deserving of hatred...majority or not. Civil in disagreement...not my words, but I like 'em, do you?

Jsaxm
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Jsaxm » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:24 am

You do realize that most of that money was donated by private sponsors, right?
You just can't encourage stupidity

laurab
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by laurab » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:47 am

The president deserves my respect simply because he is the president? What an ignorant point of view. Perhaps that was the philosophy of the Germans when Hitler was in power.

I would rather spend 145m to mark the most historic event to date in my lifetime than the countless dollars we have spent fighting a war. Oh but I can't talk about that. If you want to talk about the current economic situation, look at the administration that put us here!

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:27 am

And....we're done. I would still call this personal. We've all been guilty of it when talking politics, but I can't see this leading anywhere good. Sorry guys, feel free to discuss it in PM.
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.