Disney Trivia??????????

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

LBRSR
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2002 2:44 pm
Contact:

Disney Trivia??????????

Post by LBRSR » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:19 am

Ok, here goes!! Can anybody name the person who is the lead singing statue, in the graveyard scene of the Haunted Mansion. His voice is also heard on the train that goes around the park. For extra bonus points: This actor also provided the voice for a famous cereal commercial character. Ok Phantom Phan, impess me again.

User avatar
LovableSheep
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 707
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 7:08 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by LovableSheep » Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:37 am

This isn't an answer to the trivia, but it sort of has to do with it. There's a substitute teacher who sometimes subs at our school who did some of the voices at Disneyland. Also, why not post all these trivias in the same thread instead of creating a new thread for every one?

LBRSR
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2002 2:44 pm
Contact:

Disney Trivia??????????

Post by LBRSR » Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:45 am

I thought I was posting these on the same thread!!!!

User avatar
formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah
Posts: 3510
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:27 pm
Location: Yuma, Arizona
Contact:

Post by formermarcher » Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:36 pm

LovableSheep wrote:This isn't an answer to the trivia, but it sort of has to do with it. There's a substitute teacher who sometimes subs at our school who did some of the voices at Disneyland. Also, why not post all these trivias in the same thread instead of creating a new thread for every one?
I don't think Merril did that. He just sounds like the guy.

User avatar
Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff
Posts: 7951
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:46 am
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Contact:

Re: Disney Trivia??????????

Post by Hostrauser » Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:59 pm

LBRSR wrote:Ok, here goes!! Can anybody name the person who is the lead singing statue, in the graveyard scene of the Haunted Mansion. His voice is also heard on the train that goes around the park. For extra bonus points: This actor also provided the voice for a famous cereal commercial character. Ok Phantom Phan, impess me again.
That man is Thurl Ravenscroft (great name!) who also did the voice for Tony the Tiger for Kellogg's Frosted Flakes. They'rrrrre Great!

LBRSR
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2002 2:44 pm
Contact:

Disney Trivia??????????

Post by LBRSR » Wed Aug 27, 2003 8:09 am

WOW!!!! It seems that there is no stumping you with these trivia questions, but I will persevere. Your answers are exactly correct.

At the train station in New Orleans Square, you can hear the tapping of morse code in the little telegraph shack, across the tracks from where you wait for the train. What is this morse code tapping out??

User avatar
formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah
Posts: 3510
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:27 pm
Location: Yuma, Arizona
Contact:

Post by formermarcher » Wed Aug 27, 2003 8:22 am

I don't think that classifies as Disney Trivia. Sure, its a one of thier parks but thats more of "park trivia".

LBRSR
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2002 2:44 pm
Contact:

Disney Trivia??????????

Post by LBRSR » Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:29 am

Sure, it falls in the category of Disney trivia. It doesn't matter if the questions are on the parks, movies, characters, etc.... it still falls under the category of Disney trivia.

Also, maybe you can help me out here. I have noticed several people, including yourself, talk about this being on a seperate thread. What does that exactly mean? When I started this topic, I clicked on the box to show me replies and that's how I have been replying to anyone coming into this topic.

User avatar
Trumpet Man 05
Support Staff
Support Staff
Posts: 980
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2002 10:11 pm
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Post by Trumpet Man 05 » Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:42 am

Bonus Trivia: Ravenscroft also sang "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch" in the original Grinch movie in the 1960s. :D
~Psalm 150~

OAS AAS LLS

User avatar
formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah
Posts: 3510
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:27 pm
Location: Yuma, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Disney Trivia??????????

Post by formermarcher » Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:08 am

LBRSR wrote:Sure, it falls in the category of Disney trivia. It doesn't matter if the questions are on the parks, movies, characters, etc.... it still falls under the category of Disney trivia.

Also, maybe you can help me out here. I have noticed several people, including yourself, talk about this being on a seperate thread. What does that exactly mean? When I started this topic, I clicked on the box to show me replies and that's how I have been replying to anyone coming into this topic.
Okay. I know what your talking about. The name of this topic is Disney Trivia, with a bunch of question marks after it. There is another thread called Disney Trivia with all those question marks, and one more. So it seems like there are two threads of the same topic. We can't tell the difference because of all the question marks, and I think the same person started both of them.
Does that help any?

LBRSR
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2002 2:44 pm
Contact:

Post by LBRSR » Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:35 am

Thanks you sir. That was me putting in all of theose question marks, each time I reply, out of habit I just go into the subject box and put the same thing over again and add those question marks. Why, I'll never know!! Thanks again.

User avatar
formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah
Posts: 3510
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:27 pm
Location: Yuma, Arizona
Contact:

Post by formermarcher » Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:54 am

Its okay, we still love you.

LBRSR
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2002 2:44 pm
Contact:

Post by LBRSR » Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:02 pm

Hooray!!! Now I'll be able to sleep better at nights, just knowing that.

User avatar
LovableSheep
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 707
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 7:08 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by LovableSheep » Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:47 pm

The answer to the morse code one (not actually morse code) is it's part of Disney's opening speech.

LBRSR
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2002 2:44 pm
Contact:

Post by LBRSR » Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:31 pm

EXCELLENT, MY FRIEND, EXCELLENT.

Locked