World of Pageantry

World of Pageantry

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 4:36 pm 
Offline
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:27 pm
Posts: 3510
Location: Yuma, Arizona
If you read all of the topic, you'd see why its still going on like this.
It ain't a big deal, we just keep reiterating it.
Just read all of the posts on this thread and you'll see what we mean.
:D

_________________
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: what's the big deal?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 4:49 pm 
Offline
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:27 pm
Posts: 3510
Location: Yuma, Arizona
shorts wrote:
you guys are making things more dramatic than they really need to be. :? my boyfriend is a senior and i'm a freshman and i'm not dating him because "i'm vulernable and think i'm cool to be dating a senior" or whatever you said... my parents are like 6 years apart, so what's 3 years? you probably don't think that it's wrong for a 25 year old female to be dating a 28 year old male, what's a 14 year old to a 17 year old? as long as the relationship is healthy, i don't think that age really matters.

notice that it's mostly girls (i think) that are making this a big scandal. i've been having to deal with the same thing from seniors, but i'm already used to it. it IS possible for a freshman and a senior to like each other, believe it or not. most high school students would say that a senior guy would only date a freshman girl to "get some" or whatever, but when it happens to you, your story will turn around. remember that just because your band is soaked in drama doesn't mean that school outside of band is.


Let see here...
Who ever said we thought people dated seniors cause it was cool? we just thought it was a little odd...

The thing with a 14 dating a 17 year old, to me, is this: A 14 year old is still gorwing up in all aspects, physical and mental...a 17 year old is not. Most are getting ready to face the world on thier own. Don't forget, 18 years is the "adult age"...14 is barley out of middle school. So natrually it would look like child abduction. Why do you think most parents worry about things like that?
And age does matter. 10 year old dating a 13, or 11 dating a 14...think about it.

The girls making a big deal? I think they are just being practical. They are being realistic.

Of course we believe that a freshie can date a senior... although that is what this thread sort of developed into. If you had noticed, thats where the "not-so-good" things came in.

And I find your last sentence very insulting.

Quote:
remember that just because your band is soaked in drama doesn't mean that school outside of band is.


Whoever made that assumption? And I don't think you'd be the one to talk, considering you are a frehsmen in high school and has very little expierence in any sort of marching band. You'll soon learn that even though there is alot of drama in marching band, there is also alot of drama in the real world. No one ever contained it to marching band.
Just because this alot of marching band stuff, please notice that this is "off-topic discussions" meaning that it does not have to be marching band related.
And this topic spans to all of high school, not just marching band.
You'd notice that if ya read all the posts.

So if you really have a problem with what this thread is about, I'd encourage you to ignore it, being that no one else has had a problem with it to this point.

So just lay back and relax, because your getting all worked up about nothing! Don't take it so seriously! Have a drink!
Cheers! :cheers:

_________________
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:37 pm 
Offline
Drum Major
Drum Major
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:38 am
Posts: 2858
Location: Los Angeles
the age gap is only bad for people in highschoolers cuz most of their peers are their own age especially people outside of band who hardly interact with other classes. some times those age gap relationships work but it's best to hang out with the age group who u been around most of the time and are influenced best. if u look at each classes closely they are very much different. but after highschool where everyone's all grown up the age difference is ok. you all act the same and it's hard to tell how old they are. you can definatly point out who are freshman and sophomres etc. and isnt it really embarassing for grown ups to mistake each other's ages!

basically age difference in highschool is about the way people can act and age difference after hs is people just concerned in not looking old


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:48 pm 
Offline
Section Leader
Section Leader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:03 pm
Posts: 990
Location: rancho santa margarita
its not the fact that ur a whole 3 years apart its that ur bf is getting ready for collage most likely. there is gonna be a very large gap in maturity levals because u still have 3 years to decide what to do in the real world but ur bf is at the point where he has to think hard about it. also when he turns 18 he has to take responsibility with everything you do together. i really dont know what it is about this dating older guys thing my close frined just started dating a 22 year old! he can take her to parties and get her drunk and take advantage of her and it really hurts to think that someone would do that but age is a big thing and the world isnt perfect. you are still young and probably have yet to see how cruel everything can be a 14 year old dating a 17 year old can be the base of many rumors and could destroy any reputation you have. i have nothign against older guys but the fact that he has more relationship experience than you (most likely) will affect how ur relationship turns out he may push you to go fast because he feels he can take advantage of you and u will end up doing stuff u regret

_________________
WOP OT Mafia Game I: Townsperson champion

There is no beginning or end.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is mystery.
Today is a gift.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:53 pm 
Offline
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:27 pm
Posts: 3510
Location: Yuma, Arizona
flagratgirl wrote:
its not the fact that ur a whole 3 years apart its that ur bf is getting ready for collage most likely. there is gonna be a very large gap in maturity levals because u still have 3 years to decide what to do in the real world but ur bf is at the point where he has to think hard about it.


I know thats true with even 1 year apart. Like for example, at prom me and my prom date (aww) we got along pretty well, and we had a very nice evening. She didn't have a bf and was a junior at the time. Naturally I made the move, but she said since I was going to college, she didn't want to get in my way and limit my choices.
You'll find that all the time.

_________________
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:15 pm 
Offline
Section Leader
Section Leader
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2003 11:11 pm
Posts: 1229
Location: floor
Okay I am a girl who has the nickname of "jailbait" as in mostly 18 and over guys hit on me. Granted not all guys are dogs, some are really sweet, but most just want to get in your pants. THAT'S the big deal with such big age gaps. The fact that you don't know whether or not the guy is a statistic.

_________________
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 9
Location: Oceanside
The younger guys at my school are just annoying boys and i tend to get quite a temper when things don't go as i want them to like younger guys trying to take the cell phone. just stupid boys trying to get with the older girls...i don't think its right. but then thats just my opinion. :?

_________________
Poof BEGONE! Yo breath is too strong! OO step back! You need a tic-tac! OO yo a mess you need a little more...not a tic-not a tac..but you need a whole pack...BIOTCH!!!!

O'SIDE c/o "04"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 9:41 am 
Offline
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:27 pm
Posts: 3510
Location: Yuma, Arizona
formermarcher wrote:
formermarcher wrote:
BariSx_G wrote:
Not even a college freshie?! :D


Good one!
No, not yet cause I haven't started college. I'll start the 20th...maybe...I'll have to let you all know.


Well what do you know? I guess I'll have to admit it like I said I would.

I'm not sure, but we get along nicley...laughs and stuff. Who knows? Things could happen!!!


My, my life is just flying everywhere!
Apparently my freshie crushie is a bit of a bi*** so thats like a major turn off...
Which actually happened at a good time, cause of a sophmore in my old regiment. We've known each other before we even met (cause of our siblings), and the other night we jsut found out deep affection for each ohter...
Now the problem is finding a place to meet cause she's got a comp on Saturday!!!
WAAA!!!!

_________________
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:46 pm 
Offline
Rookie
Rookie
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:47 pm
Posts: 184
Location: Madera, CA
i understand where you guys are coming from because i think that i would be saying the same thing if i wasn't in the situation. i've seen it happen and i know what you are saying, but it's different. i don't want to sound like any other girl like i just did, but it really is different. i always told myself that i would never date anyone that much older, but that was before i met anyone older. the reason why i decided to post in here is because i can relate to what you guys are talking about. it really is different when it happens to you though.
umm....oh about the drama in high school band thing... maybe i should have directed that towards my own band. i know that i'm only a freshman and have only been with my band for like 4 months, but i know that it's filled with drama because i am the center of most of it. if you came and payed us a visit you would be well aware and see what i am talking about. i didn't mean to insult your band saying that they are dramatic, and if that's what you got out of it then i'm sorry. yeah but basically all i have to say is that i respect what you are all saying and i really thought about some of it. it probably won't change the way i feel about anything though. thanks for everything.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: ...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:18 pm 
Offline
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:27 pm
Posts: 3510
Location: Yuma, Arizona
shorts wrote:
i understand where you guys are coming from because i think that i would be saying the same thing if i wasn't in the situation. i've seen it happen and i know what you are saying, but it's different. i don't want to sound like any other girl like i just did, but it really is different. i always told myself that i would never date anyone that much older, but that was before i met anyone older. the reason why i decided to post in here is because i can relate to what you guys are talking about. it really is different when it happens to you though.
umm....oh about the drama in high school band thing... maybe i should have directed that towards my own band. i know that i'm only a freshman and have only been with my band for like 4 months, but i know that it's filled with drama because i am the center of most of it. if you came and payed us a visit you would be well aware and see what i am talking about. i didn't mean to insult your band saying that they are dramatic, and if that's what you got out of it then i'm sorry. yeah but basically all i have to say is that i respect what you are all saying and i really thought about some of it. it probably won't change the way i feel about anything though. thanks for everything.


I, for one, am not asking you to change. I'm just asking that you realize that you understand that even though you maybe be experiencing one thing that it does not apply to everyone.

Which you did in your last post! Very coooool!!!
Thanks!

p.s.-You don't find any high school more dramatic than the one I used to go to...trust me.

_________________
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 4:17 pm 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 7:32 pm
Posts: 28
Location: arcadia, ca
my friends all freaked out last year when i was a freshman cuz i went out with a senior. after a few months they simmered down....but GOD, passing by some random person whispering "statutory rape!" is SO annoying... :evil:

_________________
q: what was dr. beat before he became a doctor?

a: a metro gnome!!!

----
diggadiggadiggadiggadadaDUMMMM


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 6:37 pm 
Offline
Section Leader
Section Leader
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2003 11:11 pm
Posts: 1229
Location: floor
I can top that. My boyfriend was 18 and I was 13 when I joined guard and all the girls found out at my kidnap so they kept telling me I was going to get raped and pregnant and suggested I read "Annie's Baby". I should've broken up with the jerk alot sooner, but I was stupid. He wasn't even hot. Since then I've dated a 15 yr old, 16 yr old, 18 yr old, and 19 yr old. So I halfway listen to my guard. :-)

_________________
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: i dont like picking a subject um (same as above)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 12:49 pm 
Offline
New Recruit
New Recruit
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 11:39 pm
Posts: 38
Whoa nelly, this is a long thread. Well in my opinion I think it's fine that a Senior dates a Freshmen if it was for the right reasons. Typically it's a the girl who is younger and girls mature faster than boys soo yah. but like, iuno...with crushes it's ususally more lust than anything else... or thats how i see it. but who am i to judge? :D I just think it's sad how every year theres a couple of freshmen girls that get branded with the *corps whore* title and end up getting screwed over from the guy(s) that they loved :::sigh:::. I dont wanna be generalizing or nething but ususually band guys are just plain bad (well at least in my band) and the good ones are already taken. haha. and i know that this is an OT discussion...but most of us being in marching band, we spend most of our time there. but newhoo.. Um...*former marcher*....yay on finding a crush! haha. hope everything is goin good and that skool isnt that bad. Did you go to HS in Riverside too? if so, what skool?
and um...to the original person who started this thread (i forgot his name but the sophie with an anime avatar) that's sooooo kewl that you went to homecoming with your other cursh. haha. i wanna hear about it...maybe you covered that stuff in the homecoming thread .*doh*


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 4:47 pm 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:11 pm
Posts: 453
Location: Baldwin Park, CA
Formermarcher went to Westlake HS. He's just going to UC Riverside for college.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
  http://www.worldofpageantry.com Copyright © 1996 - 2006 Email:  admin@worldofpageantry.com  

Site design and maintenance by Dave Schaafsma at Dave's Web Dynamics