cell phones

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

flagratgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

cell phones

Post by flagratgirl » Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:52 pm

i just got my cell taken away because i went over my mins and my dad got made the one thing is that my mom (my parents are divoreced) wouldnt let me use the house phone and she always told me to use my cell now im stuck with no phone im so upset and the thing is if i tell my dad my mom will deny it!
WOP OT Mafia Game I: Townsperson champion

There is no beginning or end.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is mystery.
Today is a gift.

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:57 pm

Simple solution here. Don't go over your minutes. If you can get the free nights and weekends and make your calls at night.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

flagratgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagratgirl » Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:48 pm

thats when most of my calls were but i still got slammed! i called my bf alot and most of them i never even talked they were almost all his voice mail and i never knew that those calls all count too so yeah everyone beware they tend to get u
WOP OT Mafia Game I: Townsperson champion

There is no beginning or end.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is mystery.
Today is a gift.

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:39 am

Simple solution: stop talking so much. Trust me, you really aren't saying anything important (and this will become more and more evident the older you get). ;)

I have 1000 free minutes a month, and I think I've broken 100 minutes (10%) maybe twice.

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altogirl06 » Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:02 am

okay,it's not that easy being a girl cause most if not all of us talk way too much and it's ok.it is important to keep in touch w/ your friend s and all.here's some edvice limit your self on time and stuff also chat online w/ your friends it's alot better cause talking on the phone too much makes your voice hoarse.another solution is get a diffrent phone plan that will give you more min. 8-) just some advice cause i know how you feel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:mrgreen:
Nothing is impossible with God!

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Tue Aug 12, 2003 9:12 am

Phantom Phan wrote:Simple solution: stop talking so much. Trust me, you really aren't saying anything important (and this will become more and more evident the older you get). ;)

I have 1000 free minutes a month, and I think I've broken 100 minutes (10%) maybe twice.
I also get something like 1000 free minutes per month...I don't think I ever gone over 100 min.
However, when I do have to call someine from when I'm out, I can easily take up a bunch of time, so its understandable, especailly if thats the only way you have ever made your calls. I mean, I think a small percentage of people have gotten rid of home phones for cell phones...

MsNikki
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MsNikki » Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:59 pm

Phantom Phan wrote:I have 1000 free minutes a month, and I think I've broken 100 minutes (10%) maybe twice.
The reason for that is because you rarely use your cell phone and have an actual conversation. Geez, barely break 100 minutes?! I probably use more than that in ONE night. Which is why I've started using my home line for those long convo's. :hum:

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:23 am

the only reason i have and need a cell phone is for emergencys, call for pick up since i dont have a car, call my friends when i have somthing IMPORTANT to say. stuff like (join this server... ip address) and that takes couple mins. for that kind of stuff i dont really need phones with a camera or the new ones that ring better. just getting a group split up and come back in the mall is much easier with a cell u can tell em turn left now and stuff like that like in the 1st matrix

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altogirl06 » Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:42 am

my parents know that if i had a cell w/ a phone plan that i'd talk even though i don't need to, so i have one thats pre-paid and i use it for calling my rents to let them knowthat i need to be picked up!!
Nothing is impossible with God!

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:30 pm

I'm not allowed to have a cell phone, and I don't even know why because I rarely even use the home phone. But yeah, the only advice I could think of is to tell your parents what's going on and hope they believe you, and next time be careful about your minutes.

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:43 pm

The point of cell phones has dramatically changed. There were supposed to be for quick conversations in, believe or not, cars.
Now people use all these minutes, and the whole idea of a cell phone is a now a beeper you can talk to, go online with, take pictures, and before you know it, pay your taxes.

TrumpetsRule17
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TrumpetsRule17 » Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:56 pm

i dunno
i used to use my mom's cell only wen either im online and need to call someone or wen my bro is online
now that i can drive, its a lot simpler and i jus need to tell my parents where im going and they basically let me go out
however, it is useful to find ur friends and stuff if they r out and about or if someone gets lost wen we r goin somewhere
USC c/o 08
Arcadia Band vp 03-04
Arcadia Trumpet sl 03-04
Arcadia c/o2004

kiltedfreak
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kiltedfreak » Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:07 pm

my cell phone doesn;t even have a plan i pay 30 for like 100 minutes and i have to use them in 45 days...but i don't use my cell phone that much...except for like an adress book and maybe 3 or 4 call there but it;s not much.

BariSx_G
Veteran
Veteran

Post by BariSx_G » Thu Aug 14, 2003 3:11 pm

Don't use up so many minutes! Try to use them for emergency calls and important things like that. Use your house phone for the long convos.

I have to share 800 minutes with my parents, but we never run out. We have free nights, free weekends, free long distance, free mobile-to-mobile, yet the AIM feature cost me 5 cents per message sent AND received. The bill went up to $100 once because of my AIM mobile chatting.

BTW, what brand of cell phone do y'all have? I have a Nokia 3390. They're very common where I live.

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:55 am

I've got one of them Sprint phones...the ones were you can never get any reception anywhere.
I need a new phone, I guess.