uniforms

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

AcowIntheHills[:
New Recruit
New Recruit

uniforms

Post by AcowIntheHills[: » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:48 am

okay, so who invented marching uniforms, really...

i mean the suspenders that help create wedgies, pants that dont quite hit you feet so you feel like something is tagging along at your ankle all the time, those same pants that if you are a skinny guy make you look like you got some curves and if youre a big guy/girl make you have a "bucket butt", and then theres that thick jacket in really hotttt weather. im guessing the uniform was designed for east coast weather, lol. but really, couldn't there have been something more chic and still unisex.

well, i guess there is a positive to the uniforms: after walking around in half uniform before a football game in front of your "normal" peers with pants up to your chest and suspenders, you pretty much have the confidence to do about anything. [:
In the immortal words of Ryan Anderson, "Can I get a yes please?!"

Chapagne
Veteran
Veteran

Re: uniforms

Post by Chapagne » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:23 pm

They're based on military uniforms of the past. Like that stiff collar too? It's to keep your adversary from sticking a bayonet in your neck.

I'm sure your band director wouldn't mind you custom ordering a personal-fit uniform. Got $500 or so on hand? :)
"The conductor of an orchestra doesn't make a sound. He depends for his power on his ability to make other people powerful." - Benjamin Zander

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:47 pm

The look is based of military uniforms. I dont know if they actually used those suspenders.
WHS '05, UCSB '10
WOP OT Round 1 Picture Battle Champion!
WOP OT Mafia Game II: First ever mafia champions
http://officeofstrategicinfluence.com/spam/

mkosbie
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by mkosbie » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:23 pm

And here I thought it was from Ryan and Kevin's High School Fashion Shows.... :roll:
It's 5:00... do you know where your ancestors came from?

Lancer6
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Lancer6 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:52 pm

Of all questions pertinent to uniform the burning (literally) one is: Why in the name of Charlie Ives does ANYONE select uniforms with dark-colored tunics? Early-season marching and late Spring marching, in all but the most frigid-on-the-average climes, is hot enough without cooking the kids "in the shell".
You say your school colors are Dark Baboon Brown and Lime Green? Fine! Order unis with white tunics and Lime trousers, both with 'Boon Brown trim...anything but a dark top!
I note that The Pride Of Oklahoma has switched from White tunics to Crimson ones...Greaaaat! Those kids suffer well into late October at the latest, under the Southwestern Sun, all because someone had to effect some sort of "signature" change to effect a legacy. Bah!
While yer at it, VENTILATED headwear in light colors.

Oh, what do I know anyway?

Lancer6
Band Nut
By the centahhhhhh...Quick...March!