World of Pageantry
http://worldofpageantry.com/forums/

What did you learn today?
http://worldofpageantry.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15221
Page 2 of 5

Author:  Bandmaster [ Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What did you learn today?

IsnipeWithAknife wrote:
IsnipeWithAknife wrote:
I learned that PETA asked Ben and Jerry's to use HUMAN milk instead of cow milk

http://www.peta.org/mc/NewsItem.asp?id=11993


I can see it now... new mothers lining up to be hooked up to a milking machine twice a day! Who is going to control their diet so they can produce maximum volume daily? What substitute will be fed to their babies since the milk will be needed for production purposes? How many hman mothers will be needed to replace the millions of gallons of cow milk produce everyday across the U.S. Do you realize that the average Holstein milk cow can produce 13,000 lbs of milk a year! :shock:

My family has been in the dairy business for 60 years and I find this notion absolutely laughable. What happens to milk cows that no longer give milk? Can you say McDonalds Big Mac? At least the cow stays alive if it is giving milk. But if they don't want cow milk or beef from cows then the cows would never be bred and therefore never be born. So the side effect of PETA's project would be to make milk cows extinct! So then they would be declared a "protected" species, what do you do with them then? Make them pets? I guess you could use them as organic lawn mowers. :lol:

If there were no milk from cows the follows food items would no longer be available:
milk to drink
powered milk
butter
buttermilk
cottage cheese
yogurt
cream
ice cream
sour cream
cheese (so no more pizzas, cheeseburgers, nachos, etc)
lots of tasty desserts
and there are countless other food products that use milk or one of its by-products in its manufacture.

Author:  IsnipeWithAknife [ Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What did you learn today?

I think I'd be more worried about human diseases spread through breast milk

Author:  mkosbie [ Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What did you learn today?

Not that I'm supporting PETA here, but a lot of what's on Bandmaster's list is replacable...
Bandmaster wrote:
If there were no milk from cows the follows food items would no longer be available:
milk to drink soy milk, rice milk, almond milk, coconut milk
powered milk same as above, but powdered
butter margarine
buttermilk gross... :vomit:
cottage cheese
yogurt
cream not "creaminess" though. that can be made through various combination of non-dairy
ice cream soy ice cream (surprisingly delicious)
sour cream
cheese (so no more pizzas, cheeseburgers, nachos, etc)
lots of tasty desserts about 90% (i'm estimating) of these tasty deserts can be duplicated using non-dairy alternatives
and there are countless other food products that use milk or one of its by-products in its manufacture. only because it's cheap. most of the products could be manufactured without the dairy, just not as cheaply.

Author:  LoyalTubist [ Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What did you learn today?

Buttermilk is wonderful. It's impossible to get in Southeast Asia.

Image

Author:  IsnipeWithAknife [ Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What did you learn today?

Alfredo pasta sauce is impossible to get in asia

next time i'm going over there I'm bringing a stash so i can make chicken fettuccine alfredo for my cousins

Author:  Twirlella [ Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What did you learn today?

Slope = m and no one has a clue why.

Author:  Hostrauser [ Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What did you learn today?

Twirlella wrote:
Slope = m and no one has a clue why.

?? "m" was just a random variable they chose. Can't use "x" or "y" since your calculations involve points on the axis.

Author:  senza cervello [ Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What did you learn today?

People use Urban Dictionary as a source of facts :rotf:
I always knew the people on youtube were stupid, but seriously.

Image

Author:  aLL your BASS [ Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:48 pm ]
Post subject:  I <3 Art History

Mausoleum is named for Mausolus...

Roman art was unoriginal (either Greek or Etruscan)

The Archaic Period is creepy (especially with that "smile")

Author:  Nreuest [ Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What did you learn today?

senza cervello wrote:
People use Urban Dictionary as a source of facts :rotf:
I always knew the people on youtube were stupid, but seriously.

Image


What video was this? lol

Author:  malletphreak [ Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What did you learn today?

I learned that even in the world we live in today that there are still some compassionate people out there :)

Author:  senza cervello [ Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What did you learn today?

Nreuest wrote:
senza cervello wrote:
People use Urban Dictionary as a source of facts :rotf:
I always knew the people on youtube were stupid, but seriously.

Image


What video was this? lol


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSOalVC4Yyo

Still the first comment with 3 thumbs down now!

Author:  jaybof [ Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What did you learn today?

Ultimate Frisbee is the funnest game ever!! nuff said

Author:  mkosbie [ Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What did you learn today?

jaybof wrote:
Ultimate Frisbee is the funnest game ever!! nuff said

People still don't know simple English language usage rules.

Author:  jaybof [ Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What did you learn today?

mkosbie wrote:
jaybof wrote:
Ultimate Frisbee is the funnest game ever!! nuff said

People still don't know simple English language usage rules.


what wrong with english mine are?
who learned me to spoke?
my english is the bestest of all well things

Page 2 of 5 All times are UTC - 8 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/