Worst Movies of All Time

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

trumpet771
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:43 pm

Re: Worst Movies of All Time

Post by trumpet771 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:51 pm

:blast: :shoot:Cloverfield

Fluba
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 485
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:54 am
Location: Placentia, Riverside or Disneyland
Contact:

Re: Worst Movies of All Time

Post by Fluba » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:42 pm

Mmm, Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. Ok, its not a "Worst Movie of all Time" but from all they hype that it was getting, it fell really flat for me.

And Im surprised that no one has said "Blair Witch Project" yet. That movie is my worst movie of all time (to this point in time).
That Flute playin' Tuba guy...

This is why Tubas rule

User avatar
Nreuest
Drum Major
Drum Major
Posts: 2342
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:23 am
Location: Home
Contact:

Re: Worst Movies of All Time

Post by Nreuest » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:51 am

I know many of you are going to disagree with me, but "Missing" is one of my worst movies of all time and I have no idea why it got so many good reviews/oscar nominations. Others include:

Shark Attack 3: Megalodon (you're gonna laugh your ass off watching this movie I guarantee it)
Kingdom of Heaven
Alexander
The Ring
Any new animated kids movies (excluding Pixar), seriously they were not this bad when I was a kid.....right?
The Day After Tomorrow

Wow I can't think of any more off the top of my head, but I'll list more soon.
"I haven't slept for ten days......because that would be too long." - Mitch Hedberg

User avatar
The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff
Posts: 3598
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:58 pm
Location: Escondido, Ca
Contact:

Re: Worst Movies of All Time

Post by The Aceman » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:07 am

Oh, I forgot, another horribly horrible movie, was the live action version of Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat. I mean how many lame fart jokes can be in one movie? There was exactly zero comedy in that movie, Mike Myers and everyone else associated with that movie should be ashamed. This movie had the budget and the actors and still fell way short. Had I not been there with my little sister I would have walked out.
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.
Image

User avatar
fieldshowqueen
Drum Major
Drum Major
Posts: 2490
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:24 am
Location: Moreno Valley, CA
Contact:

Re: Worst Movies of All Time

Post by fieldshowqueen » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:38 am

A bit of clarification ...

It does not matter if your "Worst of All Time" is an A-List affair or B-List production;
It does not matter if it has a well-known cast of thousands or is full of wannabe's or hasbeens;
It do not matter if it was made in 1909 or 2008 or anywhere inbetween;
It does not matter how much money it did or did not make at the box office;
It does not matter if it is live action or animated, drama or comedy, sci-fi or love story (which is ANOTHER crappy film on my list, but back to topic ...);

All that matters is YOU didn't like it for whatever reasons. You are under no obligation to post those reasons or justify your answer, but it is sort of fun to read why you want to tie every reel made of that particular movie to a 100 megaton bomb and launch it at the studio that made it, whether or not others agree or disagree.
Image

User avatar
Wildabeast
Drum Major
Drum Major
Posts: 2100
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2002 8:13 pm
Location: Kahlifoania

Re: Worst Movies of All Time

Post by Wildabeast » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:11 pm

Probably the one that sticks out in my mind is "Brighton Beach Memoirs".

What was it about?

I don't remember.
-Stop global whining.

User avatar
JazzGeek
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 437
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:28 am
Location: So Cal; Home of the Quake & the Wave
Contact:

Re: Worst Movies of All Time

Post by JazzGeek » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:36 pm

What, no Ishtar? Meet Dave? Caligula? Pluto Nash? Best Defense? Howard The Duck? Perfect? anything by Ed Wood? 8-) :twisted:

User avatar
IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major
Posts: 2858
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:38 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Worst Movies of All Time

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:30 pm

Uwe Boll movies
WHS '05, UCSB '10
WOP OT Round 1 Picture Battle Champion!
WOP OT Mafia Game II: First ever mafia champions
http://officeofstrategicinfluence.com/spam/

User avatar
Trumpet Man 05
Support Staff
Support Staff
Posts: 980
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2002 10:11 pm
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Re: Worst Movies of All Time

Post by Trumpet Man 05 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:18 pm

You know, I'm feeling bold, so I'm just going to say it: After seeing it again recently, I didn't realize how awful Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me was.
~Psalm 150~

OAS AAS LLS

User avatar
Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff
Posts: 7951
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:46 am
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Contact:

Re: Worst Movies of All Time

Post by Hostrauser » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:15 am

IsnipeWithAknife wrote:Uwe Boll movies
Okay, you hit it out of the park with that one. Uwe Boll makes Ed Wood look like Federico Fellini. The tough question is: which Uwe Boll movie is the worst? I'll have to go with "House of the Dead."

Stop Uwe Boll (before he films again)

User avatar
Nreuest
Drum Major
Drum Major
Posts: 2342
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:23 am
Location: Home
Contact:

Re: Worst Movies of All Time

Post by Nreuest » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:30 pm

MORE:

Son of Mask ("sequel" to The Mask...)
Dragonfly
Pay it Forward
K-Pax
Mean Girls

Also I must give an honorable mention to Orlando Bloom. He's the single reason why every movie he's ever been in sucked ass. I seriously wouldn't mind watching the LOTR series again and again if I didn't have to witness his pathetic existence in the process. :^^:
"I haven't slept for ten days......because that would be too long." - Mitch Hedberg

User avatar
The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff
Posts: 3598
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:58 pm
Location: Escondido, Ca
Contact:

Re: Worst Movies of All Time

Post by The Aceman » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:21 am

Nreuest wrote:MORE:

Son of Mask ("sequel" to The Mask...)
Dragonfly
Pay it Forward
K-Pax
Mean Girls

Also I must give an honorable mention to Orlando Bloom. He's the single reason why every movie he's ever been in sucked ass. I seriously wouldn't mind watching the LOTR series again and again if I didn't have to witness his pathetic existence in the process. :^^:
I disagree, I think Orlando Bloom is a good actor, and I think you'll find many people support my sentiments.

You probably just don't like him cuz he's a ladies man and you don't like the competition. :wink:
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.
Image

User avatar
Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff
Posts: 7951
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:46 am
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Contact:

Re: Worst Movies of All Time

Post by Hostrauser » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:48 am

Nreuest wrote:Also I must give an honorable mention to Orlando Bloom. He's the single reason why every movie he's ever been in sucked ass.
So, you didn't like ANY of the LOTR or POTC movies? :?

User avatar
Nreuest
Drum Major
Drum Major
Posts: 2342
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:23 am
Location: Home
Contact:

Re: Worst Movies of All Time

Post by Nreuest » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:07 am

The Aceman wrote:You probably just don't like him cuz he's a ladies man and you don't like the competition. :wink:
So is Johnny Depp and I think he's awesome. For me it's a combination of how the actor is portrayed in a given movie and how he adapts to different roles in different movies. Johnny Depp's characters constantly give viewers different vibes with each movie as well as pulling it off in a way that I personally find appealing. Orlando Bloom on the other hand is pretty much the exact same person in every movie he's been in, and on top of that I just find the way he acts (no pun intended) annoying.

But you're right! He just runs away with the competition! :cry: :lol:
"I haven't slept for ten days......because that would be too long." - Mitch Hedberg

User avatar
Nreuest
Drum Major
Drum Major
Posts: 2342
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:23 am
Location: Home
Contact:

Re: Worst Movies of All Time

Post by Nreuest » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:09 am

Hostrauser wrote:
Nreuest wrote:Also I must give an honorable mention to Orlando Bloom. He's the single reason why every movie he's ever been in sucked ass.
So, you didn't like ANY of the LOTR or POTC movies? :?
I like the LOTR movies and I'm a bit on the "in between" stance on the POTC series. I'm just saying if it wasn't for him, they would be that much better.
"I haven't slept for ten days......because that would be too long." - Mitch Hedberg

Post Reply