Marine Saluting Obama?!?!?!?

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Ryan H. Turner
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by Ryan H. Turner » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:12 am

seanrj wrote:Blackwater is not a "Civilian" or a "National" organization, but nice try. Blackwater is a private company that has received government contracts for quite a while. Obama mentioned the CNSF in a speech recently.

Just wanted to know if anyone else had heard it before it was swept under the rug by the media.
You mean Obama's Army? Ohhhhhhhhh...yeah. That one. The "Army of Change". More like the "Army of Pay Higher Taxes".

Ryan H. Turner
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by Ryan H. Turner » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:30 am

This probably could stand to be in a thread by itself, because it's a stretch to tie this in with the original thread subject. But it is MY thread--bwaaa hahahahaha---but I do make a jab about the Army of Tax Increases. So, below, direct from CNN, is the "proof in the pudding". I don't expect much appreciation of this from anyone less than 30 years of age as you probably aren't in a position to really understand what this means, but if you could think 20 - 30 years down the line, what you are about to read doesn't bode well for this country.

Subject: INTERESTING INFO ON TAXES
You can verify much of this here: http://money.cnn.com/news/specials/e...008/index.html

Of course, you may have noted that Obama's position appears to be changing, so you will have to pay attention to see what his latest approach is at buying votes.

INTERESTING DATA JUST RECEIVED ON TAXES
This is something you should be aware of so you don't get blind-sided. This is really going to catch a lot of families off guard. It should make you worry.

Proposed changes in taxes after 2008 General election:

CAPITAL GAINS TAX

MCCAIN
0% on home sales up to $500,000 per home (couples). McCain does not propose any change in existing home sales income tax.

OBAMA
28% on profit from ALL home sales

How does this affect you? If you sell your home and make a profit, you will pay 28% of your gain on taxes. If you are heading toward retirement and would like to down-size your home or move into a retirement community, 28% of the money you make from your home will go to taxes. This proposal will adversely affect the elderly who are counting on the income from their homes as part of their retirement income.

DIVIDEND TAX
MCCAIN 15% (no change)

OBAMA 39.6%

How will this affect you? If you have any money invested in stock market, IRA, mutual funds, college funds, life insurance, retirement accounts, or anything that pays or reinvests dividends, you will now be paying nearly 40% of the money earned on taxes if Obama becomes president. The experts predict that 'Higher tax rates on dividends and

capital gains would crash the stock market, yet do absolutely nothing to cut the deficit.'

INCOME TAX
~MCCAIN (no changes)

Single making 30K - tax $4,500
Single making 50K - tax $12,500
Single making 75K - tax $18,750
Married making 60K- tax $9,000
Married making 75K - tax $18,750
Married making 125K - tax $31,250

~OBAMA (reversion to pre-Bush tax cuts)

Single making 30K - tax $8,400
Single making 50K - tax $14,000
Single making 75K - tax $23,250
Married making 60K - tax $16,800
Married making 75K - tax $21,000
Married making 125K - tax $38,750

Under Obama, your taxes will more than double!& nbsp;

How does this affect you? No explanation needed. This is pretty straight forward.

INHERITANCE TAX
MCCAIN 0% (No change, Bush repealed this tax)

OBAMA Restore the inheritance tax

How does this affect you? Many families have lost businesses, farms, ranches and homes that have been in their families for generations because they could not afford the inheritance tax. Those willing their assets to loved ones will only lose them to these taxes.

NEW TAXES BEING PROPOSED BY OBAMA

New government taxes proposed on homes that are more than 2400 square feet.

New gasoline taxes (as if gas weren't high enough already)

New taxes on natural resources consumption (heating gas, water, electricity)

New taxes on retirement accounts, and last but not least....

New taxes to pay for socialized medicine so we can receive the same level of medical care as other third-world countries!

BGRtumpet
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BGRtumpet » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:11 pm

Ryan your links a dud.
Also I'm not so sure of the veracity of that list.

In a campaign positions are ill-defined and the numbers can be screwed any way a person wants...
"There are lies, damn lies, and statistics" --Mark Twain quoting some other guy,.
And there are plenty of economists willing to redefine each politicians ill defined "policies" to look worse (or better) than they really are.

Not to mention the president actually has no power to pass new taxes. That would be congresses job. So no matter what Obama wants he's going to have to bargain with some republicans to get it.

*O first saw this list a couple weeks ago as a spam bulletin on myspace. In my mind that's about the level of respects it (or might I note, ANY attempt to 'define' tax policies) should get.
Wilcox Black and Gold Regime (NCBA)

Trumpet--Benge CG

'05 Mask of Zorro
'06 Rhapsody (in blue)
'07 "Symphony 99" (music from Beethoven's 9th and Dvořák 's 9th)
'08 Jurassic Park

Ryan H. Turner
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by Ryan H. Turner » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:35 pm

Yeah...that link sucks and I'm embarrassed...already flogged myself on my blog. Actually ticks me off because the source was "reliable" then dorked me on the link.

Checking and researching as I have time...

Chapagne
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chapagne » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:38 pm

I can't believe you posted a mass-sent email. Here's a nice refutation with references and everything!
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/taxes.asp

What's next, a copy of one of the "Obama is Muslim" ones?

For as many times as I have seen the tax one, I can't believe no one has edited the last line, which makes it sound like the writer thinks the U.S. is already a third world country. Patriotism indeed!

The GOP was once the party of small government and personal responsibility, but not any more. Republicans like spending as much money as Democrats do, they just like making sure it goes to their business buddies.
"The conductor of an orchestra doesn't make a sound. He depends for his power on his ability to make other people powerful." - Benjamin Zander

Ryan H. Turner
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by Ryan H. Turner » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:17 pm

Chapagne wrote:I can't believe you posted a mass-sent email. Here's a nice refutation with references and everything!
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/taxes.asp

What's next, a copy of one of the "Obama is Muslim" ones?

For as many times as I have seen the tax one, I can't believe no one has edited the last line, which makes it sound like the writer thinks the U.S. is already a third world country. Patriotism indeed!

The GOP was once the party of small government and personal responsibility, but not any more. Republicans like spending as much money as Democrats do, they just like making sure it goes to their business buddies.
Yeah believe it--I fell for it. I am infalliable.

And I agree with your last paragraph 1000%.