Let's get ready for some Football!

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

MCclarinetdude
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:45 pm
Location: San Diego, CA

Let's get ready for some Football!

Post by MCclarinetdude » Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:18 pm

Oh, yes, I can smell it, FOOTBALL SEASON IS ARRIVING! :D 8-) So, who will you guys be rooting on this season? Once again, I'll be supporting my Chargers, through the good and bad times that we might face. The team has aquired some big time names to add on their offense side, but the defense is now without Junior Seau and Rodney Harrison, the people that were the heart and soul of the team. So, I just hope the Chargers have a good season. So, who's your favorite team, pro or college? And what's your prediction for Super Bowl XXXVIII?
Mt. Carmel c/o 2004

The Sun Never Sets...

User avatar
Lizzy05
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 558
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2002 6:24 pm
Location: Oceanside
Contact:

Post by Lizzy05 » Thu Jul 31, 2003 9:19 pm

RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!
OHS '01 - '05

DBbaby
New Recruit
New Recruit
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2002 10:02 pm

haha

Post by DBbaby » Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:30 pm

Raiders are the senor citizens of football haha... they had their time last year but man is it too late for them or what... go cowboys!!!!! haha never giving up hope

User avatar
Trumpet Man 05
Support Staff
Support Staff
Posts: 980
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2002 10:11 pm
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Post by Trumpet Man 05 » Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:35 pm

Go XFL teams!!............

:| :| :|..................................
~Psalm 150~

OAS AAS LLS

MCclarinetdude
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:45 pm
Location: San Diego, CA

Post by MCclarinetdude » Sat Aug 02, 2003 7:04 pm

Ah man, that is a great picture! I am going to miss Rodney very much. :cry: He always played his hardest. And he also hits pretty hard too. I hope he succeeds with the Jets. And I also can't wait to see Seau's homecoming on Mon. Night Football. I'll be lucky enough to be at that game.
Mt. Carmel c/o 2004

The Sun Never Sets...

User avatar
Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff
Posts: 7951
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:46 am
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Contact:

Post by Hostrauser » Sun Aug 03, 2003 1:46 am

I'm a die-hard Chargers fan... and boy have I died hard over the years. :?

I think the Chargers are going to be a lot like the Chiefs last year (and this year): they'll score in bunches but I'm not sure they'll be able to stop anybody. The trio of Brees-Boston-Tomlinson has the potential to be one of the great trifectas in the league.

Watch out for Buffalo and Tennessee this year. Everyone's focused on the Raiders and the Dolphins in the AFC, but I think the Bills or the Titans could be the AFC Champions. Buffalo, especially, since they made huge upgrades (Takeo Spikes) to a defensive unit that was showing promise by the end of last season.

In the NFC, Tampa Bay will be good again, as with the Niners, Eagles, and Giants, but I don't really see any team dominating in that conference.

User avatar
Personal
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 461
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2002 8:46 am
Location: SoCal
Contact:

Post by Personal » Thu Aug 07, 2003 10:49 am

Sorry folks, but I am a die-hard Green Bay fan. I always have been, always will be. Even though neither of my folks are, they are my team. I even have a cheese head. I have my Favre jersey, and I have my GB Hat. I love my Packs. I can not believe that they got rained out though. :cry: But hey, they will do well, but than again, I believe that every year. But hey, GL to all teams this year. And another thing. GB is playin both the Chargers, and Raiders this year, so good luck to ya'll.
Conan: "I really don't think you're that bad of a guy..."

Salesman: "Oh but I am...if you'll remember I just tried to sell you Baboon Adrenaline."

User avatar
formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah
Posts: 3510
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:27 pm
Location: Yuma, Arizona
Contact:

heh

Post by formermarcher » Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:40 am

I know the Cowboys are not such a good team anymore, but they'll be my team again.

I started watching them when I was a kid...you know, when they won the superbowl alot. I guess I'll stick with them threw thier troubles. I think they'll do okay this year with thier new coach, but that exhb. game against Arizona worries me alot.

User avatar
Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff
Posts: 7951
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:46 am
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Contact:

Post by Hostrauser » Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:56 am

Personal wrote:Sorry folks, but I am a die-hard Green Bay fan. I always have been, always will be. Even though neither of my folks are, they are my team. I even have a cheese head. I have my Favre jersey, and I have my GB Hat. I love my Packs. I can not believe that they got rained out though. :cry: But hey, they will do well, but than again, I believe that every year. But hey, GL to all teams this year. And another thing. GB is playin both the Chargers, and Raiders this year, so good luck to ya'll.
Honestly, I don't think Green Bay is going to be that great of a team this year. But that doesn't really matter, because as long as they've got Brett Favre they're playoff contenders.

User avatar
altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader
Posts: 1181
Joined: Wed May 14, 2003 7:02 pm
Location: o'side,ca
Contact:

Re: Let's get ready for some Football!

Post by altogirl06 » Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:34 am

MCclarinetdude wrote:Oh, yes, I can smell it, FOOTBALL SEASON IS ARRIVING! :D 8-) So, who will you guys be rooting on this season? Once again, I'll be supporting my Chargers, through the good and bad times that we might face. The team has aquired some big time names to add on their offense side, but the defense is now without Junior Seau and Rodney Harrison, the people that were the heart and soul of the team. So, I just hope the Chargers have a good season. So, who's your favorite team, pro or college? And what's your prediction for Super Bowl XXXVIII?
I LOVE THE CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are have been my fav team since forever!! and jr. seau went to my high school and he came earlier in the year to give our guys the football chamionship rings!!!! my frieand got his autogrph!!! :D 8-) 8-)
Nothing is impossible with God!

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader
Posts: 1334
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2002 8:16 pm
Location: Trabuco Canyon / Foothill Ranch

Re: Let's get ready for some Football!

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:59 am

altogirl06 wrote:
MCclarinetdude wrote:Oh, yes, I can smell it, FOOTBALL SEASON IS ARRIVING! :D 8-) So, who will you guys be rooting on this season? Once again, I'll be supporting my Chargers, through the good and bad times that we might face. The team has aquired some big time names to add on their offense side, but the defense is now without Junior Seau and Rodney Harrison, the people that were the heart and soul of the team. So, I just hope the Chargers have a good season. So, who's your favorite team, pro or college? And what's your prediction for Super Bowl XXXVIII?
I LOVE THE CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are have been my fav team since forever!! and jr. seau went to my high school and he came earlier in the year to give our guys the football chamionship rings!!!! my frieand got his autogrph!!! :D 8-) 8-)
He's still.....well I can't really say it....but it's like a big F U to the people of SD since he left.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

MCclarinetdude
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:45 pm
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: Let's get ready for some Football!

Post by MCclarinetdude » Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:21 am

[UCI]-Mike wrote: He's still.....well I can't really say it....but it's like a big F U to the people of SD since he left.
Well, it's not Junior's fault that he had to leave. He didn't even want to leave. He wanted to play his entire career as a Charger. I think he was either released by the Chargers, or he wasn't resigned. Something like that. I think Seau might feel betrayed by the Chargers after all his years of loyalty to the organization. He has said though that he still loves SD, and his restaurant is still in SD. It's really hard though. I own a Seau jersey, and I won't be wearing it to games anymore :cry: But I do have Tomlinson's now! 8-) Well, maybe I can wear Seau's jersey for the Monday night game against the Dolphins...

And this is OT, but this is my 100th post so...I'M A VETERAN NOW!!! :D :D :D 8-) 8-) 8-)
Time to work for section leader...
Mt. Carmel c/o 2004

The Sun Never Sets...

User avatar
formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah
Posts: 3510
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:27 pm
Location: Yuma, Arizona
Contact:

Post by formermarcher » Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:53 pm

Kind of like Smith when he called the Cowboys trash? Well, it wasn't his fault he left...it was that or ruin his career.

This year, though, its all about the Bills, Dolphins, Bucs and Redskins.
Yes, Redskins. Why? Not sure...but the Redskins.
They need to bring back Norv!

Post Reply