Wacky weather!

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Chapagne
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chapagne » Mon May 26, 2008 4:43 pm

Fine. You win. Whatever. I was wrong.

Sheesh!
"The conductor of an orchestra doesn't make a sound. He depends for his power on his ability to make other people powerful." - Benjamin Zander

fieldshowqueen
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by fieldshowqueen » Mon May 26, 2008 6:20 pm

It wasn't a contest ... you made a comment that tornadoes are "not all that uncommon". The data you presented indicates otherwise, as does the memories of a lot of us "old timers." Chill. Breathe. It's ok. No offense meant and hopefully none taken.

Sixfdsteve
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sixfdsteve » Tue May 27, 2008 7:52 pm

Im getting an upclose lesson on tornados here in GA. A couple of EF3's hit near here a few weeks back. It's amazing to witness the power of wind and the destruction it can cause. We had a microburst nail a community called Lake George on Saturday night that damaged about 30 or so homes. I got called into work on Sunday morning to help repair the damage it caused. Lightning hit a house and blew out a water meter and blew out a connection at the water main. Me and the NOAA weather scanner are very close friends now! :lol:
Hope you all are well in California!
Steve Elias

Percussion Caption Head
Liberty County HS
Hinesville, GA
Arranger/ Clinician/ Consultant 08/09
Percussion Caption Head 03-07
El Capitan HS
Lakeside, CA

LoyalTubist
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by LoyalTubist » Sat May 31, 2008 7:45 am

In September, we had an earthquake here in Ho Chi Minh City. I was living, at the time, on the sixth floor (American seventh floor) of an apartment building. Not having felt one in about a year, it was very freaky. Some of my students called me to let me know they were OK. When I read the news the next morning it said that the big earthquake was a 3.5. One of the teachers told me that day that Vietnam never had an earthquake before. But I read later that one town not too far from here was leveled by one that was 5.0. Why no one else felt it is anyone's guess.

mightyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

Weather

Post by mightyhorn » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:38 pm

We're the same way in Idaho. Easter vacation we were going to start on our fence and..... SNOW!!! We're into june and we just had a gusty torrential thunderstorm. Well, this is Idaho and if you don't like the weather...... wait ten minutes!!!!!!
mightyhorn
8-)