Un poll-o

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Do you have braces?

No, I was born with perfect teeth.
36%
I'm lucky and I got done with them
54%
Yes, I love them! I have mental issues also..
4%
Yes
7%

Total votes: 28

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Un poll-o

Post by flagchild06 » Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:59 pm

I do not like the orthodontist. He is an evil man with horrible tools to make my mouth sore for a long time. And he smells like a mixture of peanut butter and Bo.
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

MCclarinetdude
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MCclarinetdude » Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:51 pm

I got my braces off like 3 years ago. I wear a retainer, but only at night. Hopefully at my next appointment in Sept. my orthodontist will say I won't need it anymore.

I remember the first time I got braces. They were hurting so much that I couldn't eat anything. I was at school, and I bought french fries, and I could not finish them because my teeth were aching so much!!! Oh well, I don't have to deal with that anymore! :D
Mt. Carmel c/o 2004

The Sun Never Sets...

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Fri Jul 25, 2003 5:55 pm

i cant understand how these orthodontists can find problems with people's teeth which i think are perfect. there is always some excuse. what sucked when i got my braces my parents decided to treat me by going to my favorite restaurant and i couldnt eat anything!!! my orthodontist doesnt smell his office is very clean and i liked his place alot very professional. my other one (when i moved to westlake) is just normal orthodontist. i like my old one better

Personal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Personal » Fri Jul 25, 2003 6:37 pm

I had braces for two years, but I have them off now. Now I have a retainer that I have to wear every night. Not to mention that I just had my idom teeth pulled yesterday. Trust me, you will be so happy once that they are off.
Conan: "I really don't think you're that bad of a guy..."

Salesman: "Oh but I am...if you'll remember I just tried to sell you Baboon Adrenaline."

Trumpet Man 05
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Trumpet Man 05 » Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:39 pm

Yeah, I had braces once, on my upper jaw...I even had that jaw widening device on the roof of my mouth...but that was a bit before I started playing the trumpet. I also outgrew my retainer. Now my dentist says I should get braces again, this time on both jaws. Unless I can get InvisaLine or something with my dental plan, it'll be a VERY long time before I get braces again.

Man, that widening device hurt like a mother too... :(
~Psalm 150~

OAS AAS LLS

Trumpet Man 05
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Trumpet Man 05 » Fri Jul 25, 2003 11:23 pm

Think of a retainer that instead of removing easily, is cemented into your jaw through your back teeth. It's a lot thicker than a retainer too...its all metal actually. Anyway, basically on the bottom of it, where the roof of your moth is, theres a hole or key hole on it. Someone else (or you if you're skilled) needs to take the key they gave you, put it in the hole, and give it a few twists. It doesn't really feel like anything (except for when that key goes through and starts scraping your roof), but what it's doing is extending the arms of the device, thus widening your jaw...I think they use this just to get your teeth in the right spot for when you get braces...but man does that thing hurt when they take it off. Luckily, when I had it it was attached to baby teeth, so when it came off, it took the teeth with it.

That's a long explanation, but that's what I remember of it...I've been free of that thing and braces for around 7-8 years now I think.
~Psalm 150~

OAS AAS LLS

Cole167888
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cole167888 » Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:20 am

Ya, I have Invisiline retainers that I haven't worn for 2 weeks...I just put them in today. Ouch...my teeth are really sore. I had braces for 3 years...supposedly I was going to have them for one, but I guess he changed his mind :roll: .
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

TrumpetsRule17
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TrumpetsRule17 » Sat Jul 26, 2003 1:40 am

im jus lucky i guess and didnt need them
my bro's wud always fall off
USC c/o 08
Arcadia Band vp 03-04
Arcadia Trumpet sl 03-04
Arcadia c/o2004

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altogirl06 » Sat Jul 26, 2003 8:14 am

ooh,i had mine on last year i got them on in febuary last year and got them off in the begging of december.they weren't that bad.the only thing i hated about them is that i had those rubberbands that were conected and they hurt! :?
Nothing is impossible with God!

Puck
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Puck » Sat Jul 26, 2003 9:04 am

Anyone who's braces hurt, chew gum! I know most orthodontists say no to gum, but my ortho recommended it. Chewing gum actually helps circulate the blood in your gums and alleviates the pain from getting your wires adjusted. Try it, you'll see, just don't tell your ortho! :D
http://www.wginsider.com/
Visit WGInsider.com for the latest WGI Rankings and more!

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves." ~Will Durant

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Sun Jul 27, 2003 12:04 am

according to TSS a study showed that chewing gum makes students perform 20% better on tests because it pumps more blood to ur brain. i think chewing gum is ok as long as it doesnt put too much pressure on the teeth that are moving (other products such as hard candy corn etc. same reason)

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Sun Jul 27, 2003 2:04 pm

When I had braces, my orthodontist would always ask me questions when he had tools in my mouth. I never knew whether to wait or just try to answer. Also, chewing gum, even if it's soft, can put a lot of stress on your jaw. I've had to stop for that reason.

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altogirl06 » Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:57 pm

YES,CHEW GUM!!!!!!!!!! IT NEVER GETS STUCK EVEN THOUGH YOUR ORTHODONTIST SAYS IT WILL!!
Nothing is impossible with God!