Zit/pimple question

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Zit/pimple question

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:17 pm

i was wondering when u see ur friend or someone u know that has a zit or pimple do u honestly care about how they look and feel all grossed out and stay away from them until it's gone, or do u just dont care. cuz i dont care they are still the same person. if everyone has the same view as me why are we all worried when we have zits before meeting some friends and stuff like that?!?

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altogirl06 » Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:15 pm

well for me, i have never really cared if my friends or myself had one or not because evryone gets them.also i never really get them so when i do i look at it for like 2 seconds and am like ,oh well.
Nothing is impossible with God!

Lizzy05
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lizzy05 » Sun Jul 20, 2003 9:12 pm

looks don't matter much to me...it's personality all the way..
OHS '01 - '05

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:25 am

wow that makes me feel more confident (even though i dont care much) and i'm sure alot of other people confident when they go through regular day life and wont be embarrased cuz there is nothing to be embarased about. it's still prety nice when they are gone tho

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altogirl06 » Mon Jul 21, 2003 1:05 pm

alot of ppl in band at my school don't go out w/ other ppl for looks and sometimes they could care less if someone has a zit or pimple it's pretty cool !
Nothing is impossible with God!

LovableSheep
Veteran
Veteran

Post by LovableSheep » Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:30 pm

I don't really care either.

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:38 pm

I'm a bit superficial. I mean there's a tolerable amount of acne then there's who ordered a pizza amount. I haven't seen anyone with a major problem though in a while.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

Personal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Personal » Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:46 pm

Doesn't bug me any, but I do let them know about it, that way they can fix it...if they want.
Conan: "I really don't think you're that bad of a guy..."

Salesman: "Oh but I am...if you'll remember I just tried to sell you Baboon Adrenaline."

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Thu Jul 24, 2003 8:15 pm

do u think it's politer if u tell someone about a problem withthem or u ignore it

MCclarinetdude
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MCclarinetdude » Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:33 pm

Personal wrote:Doesn't bug me any, but I do let them know about it, that way they can fix it...if they want.
I don't think I would tell anyone with a zit problem that they have a problem. It's already obvious, and they already know they have a zit problem, so I don't think they would need anyone to tell them about it. That's just my opinion.

I agree with Mike, that a little acne is natural, and all of us sometimes gets some zits. However, not to be mean or anything, but if you have a lot of acne, and you wanna get it treated, you should see a dermatologist or something to get rid of that problem. My cousin used to have a lot of acne, but about two years ago, his face cleared up a lot. I think it's just a teen thing; acne will clear up eventually.
Mt. Carmel c/o 2004

The Sun Never Sets...

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:56 pm

i also meant other things i know zits are natural and they dont bother me (when other people have it) and myself knowing i have one. For example one of ur friends/teachers has his fly open would u go up to him and say zip ur pants or is it more polite to keep ur mouth shut

Lizzy05
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lizzy05 » Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:12 pm

I usually don't tell my teacher if his fly is down... I know it's kinda mean, but I wanna see how long it takes him to notice it himself... but I wouldn't tell someone if they have a zit problem, cuz yeah, they probably already know and don't really want people to acknowledge that they do...
OHS '01 - '05

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Sun Jul 27, 2003 2:11 pm

I agree that a little acne is normal but if you have an abnormal amount you need to get treated. Also, I don't think I'd tell someone because I wouldn't want people acknowledging mine.

nitsud92506
New Recruit
New Recruit

bwah

Post by nitsud92506 » Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:38 pm

yeah uh zits suck, i dont think pimples are a big deal when distributed within moderate amounts on the face, but i do think that appearences really do count for something when your in high school. so i guess yeah i dont think that they matter when you are with your friends (cause real friends have seen past your flaws)...but when you want to make a good first impression it does not hurt to have a clean face. many times, especially with todays superficial kids, people are judged by the way they look, more so with the opposite sex. its not always the personality that catches the eye of someone of the other gender, its looks.

If your a guy, look at it this way, you might usually land a first date with a girl cause she thinks you are eye candy. the same goes for girls. but in the end i think that once you get to know someone it is usually the personality that has the bigger effect on people, not the way they appear. and that personality is what gives you the second date. It never hurts to look good and have a great personality at the same time.

oh yeah...enough of the insiprational stuff, i remember reading something about zit treatment in another thread... and someone said that they put toothpaste on their zits to help get rid of them. does that really work? is there any other taboo zit treatment or routines that you guys do to get rid of the ol' lump n' bump on your face? um, this last paragraph just completely ruined the tone of the first two paragraphs...haha, yeah anyway...