World of Pageantry

World of Pageantry

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:19 pm 
Offline
Support Staff
Support Staff
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:46 am
Posts: 7936
Location: West Allis, WI
TRIVIA QUESTION #23
Name this North American city...
Image

Hint: OMGWTFBBQ

Comment: point values for this question are doubled (100/80/60/50...)


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:21 pm 
Offline
Support Staff
Support Staff
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:58 pm
Posts: 3598
Location: Escondido, Ca
Hostrauser wrote:
Correct Answer for #22: Newfoundland

Pic is of Gros Morne National Park on the western side of the island.


I thought we were looking for a state, not a canadian province.

_________________
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.
Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:23 pm 
Offline
Support Staff
Support Staff
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:46 am
Posts: 7936
Location: West Allis, WI
Q#23 will remain active until Monday morning.

Q#24 will be special. It will be posted Monday evening, hopefully between 6-7pm. At first, there will be no hint: on Tuesday morning, I will give a hint. The point value for this question will be 200/175/150/125/100/75/50...


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:24 pm 
Offline
Support Staff
Support Staff
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:46 am
Posts: 7936
Location: West Allis, WI
The Aceman wrote:
Hostrauser wrote:
Correct Answer for #22: Newfoundland

Pic is of Gros Morne National Park on the western side of the island.


I thought we were looking for a state, not a canadian province.

Re-read the rules (first post). Specifically, under the "further details" section of "Name that state."


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:29 pm 
Offline
Support Staff
Support Staff
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:58 pm
Posts: 3598
Location: Escondido, Ca
Hostrauser wrote:
The Aceman wrote:
Hostrauser wrote:
Correct Answer for #22: Newfoundland

Pic is of Gros Morne National Park on the western side of the island.


I thought we were looking for a state, not a canadian province.

Re-read the rules (first post). Specifically, under the "further details" section of "Name that state."


pshhh, rules are for squares.

_________________
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.
Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:49 pm 
Offline
Drum Major
Drum Major
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:24 am
Posts: 2490
Location: Moreno Valley, CA
The Aceman wrote:
Hostrauser wrote:
The Aceman wrote:
Hostrauser wrote:
Correct Answer for #22: Newfoundland

Pic is of Gros Morne National Park on the western side of the island.


I thought we were looking for a state, not a canadian province.

Re-read the rules (first post). Specifically, under the "further details" section of "Name that state."


pshhh, rules are for squares.

omg ... this explains a lot about you ...
:roll:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:08 pm 
Offline
Rookie
Rookie
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:50 pm
Posts: 175
I must confess that I didn't read the rules, and I'm not on the list of official participants, so my answer won't result in any credit to me, but I couldn't resist! I lived nearby, and I was at that place and took many a walk there just a few years ago. This is ................. from the vantage point of a Veterans Memorial Monument. It is quite beautiful at night.


Last edited by Gonzofoto on Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:12 pm 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:21 pm
Posts: 444
Location: Rowland, CA
SHHH!!! You're not supposed to say!

_________________
The o_O emoticon gives me the heebee jeebees.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:26 am 
Offline
Support Staff
Support Staff
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:46 am
Posts: 7936
Location: West Allis, WI
Gonzofoto wrote:
I must confess that I didn't read the rules, and I'm not on the list of official participants, so my answer won't result in any credit to me, but I couldn't resist! I lived nearby, and I was at that place and took many a walk there just a few years ago. This is ................. from the vantage point of a Veterans Memorial Monument. It is quite beautiful at night.

You can join at any time, but please, read the rules and answer in PM. :cool:


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:51 am 
Offline
Support Staff
Support Staff
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:46 am
Posts: 7936
Location: West Allis, WI
Correct Answer for #23: Kansas City, Missouri

Famed for it's bar-be-que, of course.

Q#24 coming up tonight...


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:05 pm 
Offline
Support Staff
Support Staff
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:46 am
Posts: 7936
Location: West Allis, WI
TRIVIA QUESTION #24
Name this nation...
Image

Comment: point values for this question are 200/175/150/125/100/75/50...


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:53 am 
Offline
Support Staff
Support Staff
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:46 am
Posts: 7936
Location: West Allis, WI
High-altitude airport's name is in the photo.
It's in Asia.
Naples? Nipples? Needles? No, no, no. Hm...
Tibet you can't guess.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:14 pm 
Offline
Support Staff
Support Staff
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:46 am
Posts: 7936
Location: West Allis, WI
As this round winds down...

Is there interest in another game in March? Do you like the picture format? Would you prefer broader/different categories? Like what? Comments, suggestions, anathemas?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:42 pm 
Offline
Support Staff
Support Staff

Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:34 am
Posts: 747
Location: Chino Hills
I think this was fun, I like the format too. The only thing I would like to maybe see taken into account is to suspend questions on the weekends. The reason being is that as a director I often times find myself out of town and unable to check the site. Just a thought, you know?

By the way, who has gotten this last question correct?? Final standings?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:58 pm 
Offline
Support Staff
Support Staff
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:46 am
Posts: 7936
Location: West Allis, WI
Jsaxm wrote:
By the way, who has gotten this last question correct??

Six people, so far...


Jsaxm wrote:
Final standings?

To be posted after I close this final question, later on today/tonight.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
  http://www.worldofpageantry.com Copyright © 1996 - 2006 Email:  admin@worldofpageantry.com  

Site design and maintenance by Dave Schaafsma at Dave's Web Dynamics