The official 2008 Presidential Election Thread!

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Who are you voting for/supporting?

Hillary Clinton
24%
John McCain
30%
Barack Obama
31%
Ron Paul
15%

Total votes: 54

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:48 am

AcowIntheHills[: wrote:No, I am not referiing to his Muslim background.
That's good, because he doesn't have a Muslim background. His father was Muslim at one time, but had left the faith by the time Barack was born. Barack was never raised a muslim.

AcowIntheHills[: wrote:I'm talking about a man who refuses to say the pledge of allegiance
That's just a made up lie. Go here to watch him reciting the pledge during Senate opening sessions.

AcowIntheHills[: wrote:or wear an American flag pin. Gah!
This is the stupidest argument out there against Obama. I loathe this American dependency on jingoistic pieces of "flair"; as if they are at all important or mean anything. By your logic, the first candidate to dress up like Uncle Sam is obviously the most patriotic. America's dependence on meaningless symbolism is a little sickening.

mkosbie
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by mkosbie » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:15 pm

Hostrauser wrote:By your logic, the first candidate to dress up like Uncle Sam is obviously the most patriotic. America's dependence on meaningless symbolism is a little sickening.
This may be the single greatest campaign idea I've heard in a long time. Instead of an "election" we could have an "Uncle Sam Look-Alike" contest. It be the same farce it is now anyways.

Harrison Bergeron for President, 2012!
It's 5:00... do you know where your ancestors came from?