Heath Ledger dies at 28...

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:57 pm

Hostrauser wrote: As for Knife: the 19th Century American frontier featured no "gun free zones" and tons of concealed weapons; it is not a place in history generally considered "safe." You argue that fewer "gun free zones" and a more heavily armed populace will lead to more law and order, but almost all historical evidence points against that.
Did the people running those 19th century gun free zones just call it a gun free zone and then look the other way like our current politicians do? Or did they do stuff to keep it free (like collect before entry)?

See I think you're STILL missing the point and I'm repeating myself over and over. I wonder if politicians are actually SHOCKED or horrified that these massacres ALWAYS occur on gun "free" zones and they still don't do anything except call it gun free.
WHS '05, UCSB '10
WOP OT Round 1 Picture Battle Champion!
WOP OT Mafia Game II: First ever mafia champions
http://officeofstrategicinfluence.com/spam/

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:18 am

IsnipeWithAknife wrote:
Hostrauser wrote: As for Knife: the 19th Century American frontier featured no "gun free zones" and tons of concealed weapons; it is not a place in history generally considered "safe." You argue that fewer "gun free zones" and a more heavily armed populace will lead to more law and order, but almost all historical evidence points against that.
Did the people running those 19th century gun free zones just call it a gun free zone and then look the other way like our current politicians do? Or did they do stuff to keep it free (like collect before entry)?

See I think you're STILL missing the point and I'm repeating myself over and over. I wonder if politicians are actually SHOCKED or horrified that these massacres ALWAYS occur on gun "free" zones and they still don't do anything except call it gun free.
You're missing MY point. There were NO "gun free zones." Everywhere you went, people were packing iron. Contrary to what I interpret your philosophy to be stating, a well-armed populace did NOT reduce crime or improve public safety.