The Single MOST Absolutely Crazy Video I have EVER seen!!!

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

The Single MOST Absolutely Crazy Video I have EVER seen!!!

Post by The Aceman » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:39 am

I'm sorry but this is too crazy not to share, and extremely tragic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTIijI32vA0
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.

fieldshowqueen
Drum Major
Drum Major

Re: The Single MOST Absolutely Crazy Video I have EVER seen!

Post by fieldshowqueen » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:25 pm

The Aceman wrote:I'm sorry but this is too crazy not to share, and extremely tragic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTIijI32vA0
I was on-line pm'ing with a friend who lives in Phoenix when this happened ...
PR (7/27/2007 1:35:09 PM): you watching CNN?
DS (7/27/2007 1:35:23 PM): not right now
PR (7/27/2007 1:35:28 PM): we, just had two news helicopters crash
DS (7/27/2007 1:35:34 PM): oh my
PR (7/27/2007 1:35:39 PM): while filming a vehicle pursuit
PR (7/27/2007 1:35:45 PM): all 4 people died
PR (7/27/2007 1:36:14 PM): I watch the one station all the time
DS (7/27/2007 1:36:36 PM): I wonder if they can actually charge the vehicle driver with manslaughter
PR (7/27/2007 1:36:52 PM): I hope so
PR (7/27/2007 1:37:24 PM): they are saying the helicopters were to close, and one went to back up and some how connected.. and exploded upon impact
PR (7/27/2007 1:37:29 PM): no time to jump
PR (7/27/2007 1:37:56 PM): and one of the other stations heard screaming from one of helicopters..
DS (7/27/2007 1:42:54 PM): that is so sad
PR (7/27/2007 1:45:44 PM): the one thing that is the saving grace is that they crashed in the middle of an empty park.. in the middle of phx.. during the lunch time.. there are alot of places they could have landed, but no other injuries or loss of life..
DS (7/27/2007 1:47:13 PM): wow
PR (7/27/2007 1:47:24 PM): yeah

LoyalTubist
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by LoyalTubist » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:31 pm

I hate hearing anything like this. Between 1983 and 1986 I was stationed with the 19th Army Band at Fort Dix, New Jersey. I used to listen to WNBC on AM radio. They had a traffic reporter in the WNBC helicopter named Jane Dornacker (she was previously a famous rock musician). This is her final broadcast...

http://www.ohms.com/tragedy.wav

I left New Jersey February 3, 1986. The tragedy in the Hudson River near New York City happened October 22, 1986. WNBC radio went off the air a few months after this.

Ex Nihilo
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by Ex Nihilo » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:40 pm

Chapagne
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chapagne » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:16 am

Please, PLEASE, could we not have a thread where people post the videos of the worst avoidable disasters ever seen? This serves no purpose other than to feed the sick curiousity that causes networks to cover high speed chases in the first place.

meg84
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by meg84 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:29 pm

wow that was crazy
smile all the time!!!!!

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:08 am

Chapagne wrote:Please, PLEASE, could we not have a thread where people post the videos of the worst avoidable disasters ever seen? This serves no purpose other than to feed the sick curiousity that causes networks to cover high speed chases in the first place.
Because I respect you as a poster I took some time to think before replying. I'll start by saying I disagree that we shouldn't share these types of videos with others, but do agree that you should have the opportunity to know what the thread is about before just clicking on a link to a video you may not want to see. I did not take that into consideration when creating this thread, and apologize for the oversight, in the future I will be sure to write a disclaimer before hand. I think this material should be allowed, and wouldn't argue for censorship of it, however, as Hostrauser has pointed out before this is a privately owned site and if Dave doesn't want material like this posted on his website we would enforce such a ruling. Hope this comprise helps though.

LoyalTubist
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by LoyalTubist » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:22 am

I am not someone who looks at this sort of thing for entertainment. Anyone who is entertained by this sort of thing is definitely sick. Since I live "behind the bamboo curtain," I get very little in the way of news from home. It really hurt to watch this and I share in the families' grief. I shared it with some of the locals here and they share my feelings about such videos. You hate to see it happen, but seeing it happen, you know how bad it really was. I saw some of the comments made on the YouTube site which made fun of the helicopter pilot from channel 10 (KSAZ) for going into shock while reporting the crash. Those were his competitors (in the Phoenix TV news market) and his close friends. Any time you share something like this you make the world smaller.

I was living in Fort Worth, Texas, when the World Series was rocked by an earthquake in 1989. I was in graduate school at the time and it was almost as if all the studies at that institution were put on hold so we could share the pain and the sorrow of what happened in the Bay Area. Everyone stayed up watching the overnight report of the tragedy.

Our concern in such affairs is what makes human beings different from all the other creatures.

Chapagne
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chapagne » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:22 pm

I was mostly concerned about it becoming a death-themed game of one-upsmanship. I didn't mind it being posted in the first place, but I feared where the thread was headed.

Even if there was a disclaimer, I'm sure I would have checked it out. I make a conscious effort to not look at roadside tragedy, since I find it RIDICULOUS that the opposite side of the freeway slows down as well. However, as troubling as some things may be to see, I usually watch. It makes me appreciate my simple existence all the more.

Ex Nihilo
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by Ex Nihilo » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:39 pm

Chapagne wrote:I was mostly concerned about it becoming a death-themed game of one-upsmanship. I didn't mind it being posted in the first place, but I feared where the thread was headed.

Even if there was a disclaimer, I'm sure I would have checked it out. I make a conscious effort to not look at roadside tragedy, since I find it RIDICULOUS that the opposite side of the freeway slows down as well. However, as troubling as some things may be to see, I usually watch. It makes me appreciate my simple existence all the more.
i wasn't trying to "one-up" him. i just was too lazy to make a separate thread.

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:09 am

Chapagne wrote:I was mostly concerned about it becoming a death-themed game of one-upsmanship. I didn't mind it being posted in the first place, but I feared where the thread was headed.

Yeah, the whole opposite side of the freeway thing annoys me as well.