i am in school

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

mkosbie
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by mkosbie » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:28 pm

The Aceman wrote:Your Head A Splode!
DELETED!
It's 5:00... do you know where your ancestors came from?

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:17 am

mkosbie wrote:
The Aceman wrote:Your Head A Splode!
DELETED!
LOL. Well at least one person caught the reference.
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:30 pm

Ass plode? We won't be having none-a that round here.

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:03 pm

Hostrauser wrote:Ass plode? We won't be having none-a that round here.
http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail94.html

mkosbie
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by mkosbie » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:33 pm

This is the first time I've watched Strong Bad in years. It's not as funny as it used to be.
It's 5:00... do you know where your ancestors came from?

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:36 pm

Yeah, it had been awhile for me too.

Periwinkle
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Periwinkle » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:00 pm

I read the thread and, yes, it's funny. Many of you have sharp wits. Yes, yes, I see the irony of posting on a message board with imperfect English and grammar while in school. Sorry to be a killjoy, but it also made me cringe quite a few times. It seems Meg is a kid. She's a kid who seems to have a decent sense of humor and is handling herself well and taking all of the jokes made at her expense in stride. Good for her. Many (or most?) of you are educated adults and I think it's sad that adults would tease and mock a student.

A while back, Bandmaster posted a sticky asking where all the new forum members were. http://worldofpageantry.com/forums/view ... hp?t=12977 Bandmaster wrote of the need to recruit new student members. It seems WOP membership is down substantially. Well, newbies will get chased off if they are treated unkindly. It takes a certain amount of guts to post on a message board. If this board is open to students then I think students should be treated better than Meg has been treated. We really don't know anyone's situation. We don't know who here is dyslexic or has other learning disabilities.

I hated and avoided writing my entire life until I happened upon another message board. Posting on that message board has helped me greatly to feel more at ease with other people reading my words. It has liberated me from a burden that I carried my whole life. So I hope we can give Meg a chance and let her write and learn. By trial and error here, maybe Meg can learn a thing or two. There is no better way to learn to write than by reading and writing.

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:20 pm

Periwinkle wrote:I read the thread and, yes, it's funny. Many of you have sharp wits. Yes, yes, I see the irony of posting on a message board with imperfect English and grammar while in school. Sorry to be a killjoy, but it also made me cringe quite a few times. It seems Meg is a kid. She's a kid who seems to have a decent sense of humor and is handling herself well and taking all of the jokes made at her expense in stride. Good for her. Many (or most?) of you are educated adults and I think it's sad that adults would tease and mock a student.

A while back, Bandmaster posted a sticky asking where all the new forum members were. http://worldofpageantry.com/forums/view ... hp?t=12977 Bandmaster wrote of the need to recruit new student members. It seems WOP membership is down substantially. Well, newbies will get chased off if they are treated unkindly. It takes a certain amount of guts to post on a message board. If this board is open to students then I think students should be treated better than Meg has been treated. We really don't know anyone's situation. We don't know who here is dyslexic or has other learning disabilities.

I hated and avoided writing my entire life until I happened upon another message board. Posting on that message board has helped me greatly to feel more at ease with other people reading my words. It has liberated me from a burden that I carried my whole life. So I hope we can give Meg a chance and let her write and learn. By trial and error here, maybe Meg can learn a thing or two. There is no better way to learn to write than by reading and writing.
The part I got a kick out of was not her spelling and grammar, I've come to just accept that as a part of internet life. The part I found comedic was that she was complaining about how bored she was in school. And that she had spare time and the ability to hop on to WoP. When I was in school there was no free roaming of the internet we just had to deal with our boredom.

However, I do agree that we've taken a lot of shots at meg and I'm glad she's been such a good sport about it. I also understand your concern, luckily the thread has kind of drifted away from meg bashing and I'm sure everyone will try and keep things under control from here on out.

Meg if you feel offended in anyway feel free to let one of the mods know in private so we can put a stop to it. Everyone has the right to feel welcome here.

Periwinkle
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Periwinkle » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:32 pm

The Aceman wrote:
Periwinkle wrote:I read the thread and, yes, it's funny. Many of you have sharp wits. Yes, yes, I see the irony of posting on a message board with imperfect English and grammar while in school. Sorry to be a killjoy, but it also made me cringe quite a few times. It seems Meg is a kid. She's a kid who seems to have a decent sense of humor and is handling herself well and taking all of the jokes made at her expense in stride. Good for her. Many (or most?) of you are educated adults and I think it's sad that adults would tease and mock a student.

The part I got a kick out of was not her spelling and grammar, I've come to just accept that as a part of internet life. The part I found comedic was that she was complaining about how bored she was in school. And that she had spare time and the ability to hop on to WoP. When I was in school there was no free roaming of the internet we just had to deal with our boredom.

However, I do agree that we've taken a lot of shots at meg and I'm glad she's been such a good sport about it. I also understand your concern, luckily the thread has kind of drifted away from meg bashing and I'm sure everyone will try and keep things under control from here on out.

Meg if you feel offended in anyway feel free to let one of the mods know in private so we can put a stop to it. Everyone has the right to feel welcome here.
The part about posting at school was interesting to me too and I did get the irony, lol.

Thanks for understanding.

Meg! Keep posting, girl. Maybe you could do it from home after all your homework is finished.

bassoonuba
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by bassoonuba » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:47 pm

"Killjoy!"

Aceman, you hit the nail on the head with your response. I love the fact that we have moderate moderators on this board... it makes it all that much better. :)

meg84
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by meg84 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:12 am

what i am so lost
smile all the time!!!!!

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:15 am

We love you Meg, that's all there is to it. :lol:

euphsrock
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by euphsrock » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:12 pm

haha! I find it funny that is thread is still being posted on. Yes, I posted on it once not expecting it to last long and here I am again posting again!

Jsaxm
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Jsaxm » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:16 pm

meg84 wrote:

what i am so lost
Exactly, she doesn't even care, but luckily in our society today there is always someone else to become offended for you.....
You just can't encourage stupidity

senza cervello
Veteran
Veteran

Post by senza cervello » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:34 pm

Only in a thread like this can you talk about the German language, the problems with todays generation y/me, pedophilia, punctuation usage, and offending people who aren't offended - all in the same thread.