i am in school

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Nreuest
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by Nreuest » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:38 pm

Ma SPOOOON is TOO BIIIIIG!!!
"I haven't slept for ten days......because that would be too long." - Mitch Hedberg

Ex Nihilo
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by Ex Nihilo » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:59 pm

i think i speak for everyone on this board when i say we mock those we love.

it's our twisted version of sibling relationships.

Jsaxm
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Jsaxm » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:23 am

Ex Nihilo wrote:i think i speak for everyone on this board when i say we mock those we love.

Exactly!! :cheers:
You just can't encourage stupidity

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:37 am

Nreuest wrote:Ma SPOOOON is TOO BIIIIIG!!!
I'M the QUEEN of France!

fieldshowqueen
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by fieldshowqueen » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:51 am

Ex Nihilo wrote:i think i speak for everyone on this board when i say we mock those we love.
BINGO! We live by the rule "We wouldn't make fun of you if we didn't like you". :hug:

meg84
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by meg84 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:33 am

Periwinkle wrote:I read the thread and, yes, it's funny. Many of you have sharp wits. Yes, yes, I see the irony of posting on a message board with imperfect English and grammar while in school. Sorry to be a killjoy, but it also made me cringe quite a few times. It seems Meg is a kid. She's a kid who seems to have a decent sense of humor and is handling herself well and taking all of the jokes made at her expense in stride. Good for her. Many (or most?) of you are educated adults and I think it's sad that adults would tease and mock a student.

A while back, Bandmaster posted a sticky asking where all the new forum members were. http://worldofpageantry.com/forums/view ... hp?t=12977 Bandmaster wrote of the need to recruit new student members. It seems WOP membership is down substantially. Well, newbies will get chased off if they are treated unkindly. It takes a certain amount of guts to post on a message board. If this board is open to students then I think students should be treated better than Meg has been treated. We really don't know anyone's situation. We don't know who here is dyslexic or has other learning disabilities.

I hated and avoided writing my entire life until I happened upon another message board. Posting on that message board has helped me greatly to feel more at ease with other people reading my words. It has liberated me from a burden that I carried my whole life. So I hope we can give Meg a chance and let her write and learn. By trial and error here, maybe Meg can learn a thing or two. There is no better way to learn to write than by reading and writing.
oh i got it now just last time i did not get to read the whole thing and i thank you for backing me up because i am dyslexic and it is very hard for me
from now on i am going to try harder with my grammer skills and how i spell things!!!!!! :hug:
smile all the time!!!!!

Periwinkle
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Periwinkle » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:23 am

You're welcome, Meg. I'm sorry it's hard for you. It's hard for my son too. You have something going for you though and that is your willingness to try. Image

It bothers me when people, especially kids, are put down for their spelling or grammar because I know that being subjected to teasing can cause a student to be so afraid of making a mistake that they simply quit trying out of fear of being teased or put down. I would much rather see imperfect writing from a student than see that student shut down and write no more. Your thoughts and ideas are important and deserve to be heard. Keep writing and keep reading. That's how you learn.

meg84
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by meg84 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:10 pm

thank you
your words make me want to cry
well i am in school still and i am about to go out to lunch
smile all the time!!!!!

fieldshowqueen
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by fieldshowqueen » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:04 pm

Does anyone else think that this thread would make a good script for a TV movie? It's starting to read like one :lol:

phatbob2007
Rookie
Rookie

Post by phatbob2007 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:24 pm

WOW after reading this whole thread (im that bored) i have concluded the we are a bunch of utterly ridiculous people! that and i think i fell of my chair laughing like 2-3 times :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: anyways thanks for the laughs. stay silly!
Benicia High Panther Band c/o 07 ToR Parade 2005
07-Current SJDC section leader / principal horn
07-08 Lincoln High (Stockton) Staff
08-Current Inderkum Music Staff
08-Current Tokay DL Co-Caption Head/ Marching Instructor

Jsaxm
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Jsaxm » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:38 am

fieldshowqueen wrote:Does anyone else think that this thread would make a good script for a TV movie? It's starting to read like one :lol:
Yeah, like one of those old after school specials on PBS!!

Ex Nihilo
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by Ex Nihilo » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:28 am

Jsaxm wrote:
fieldshowqueen wrote:Does anyone else think that this thread would make a good script for a TV movie? It's starting to read like one :lol:
*insert Barney theme*

fieldshowqueen
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by fieldshowqueen » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:44 am

Jsaxm wrote:
Yeah! We've got the "picked on" kid, we've got the team drama, we've got the uncaring adults, we've got the one person with a solid head on his/her shoulders, we've got the laughter, tears, and humble pie, we've got the apologies and the group hugs and warm fuzzy feelings ... too bad the writers are on strike. :lol:

Nreuest
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by Nreuest » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:49 am

Meg reminds me of what I was once like. I joined WoP in February 2005, at almost 16 years old in my sophomore year in high school, although I was pretty shy and reserved in person I thought my opinions on everything were superior and better than what everyone else thought, so what better place to show it than on an online marching band forum? I started to post random stuff sorta like in this thread, and everyone seemed to react the same way to my posts as we are to Meg's now. So Meg, point being is that I had some social problems at your age as well (I was sorta dyslexic), but conversing on these particular forums slowly but surely helped me in ways you wouldn't even imagine. Although you won't believe it now, you'll eventually realize there is more to life than color guard, then AND ONLY THEN will you be able to open yourself up to the possibilities of life and find your unending source of confidence. The starting blocks to my success started right here in the off topic forum of WoP and even though I know nothing of their personal lives or will ever meet them in person, I have people like Hostrauser, The Aceman, formermarcher, malletphreak, and IsnipeWithAknife to thank. Hopefully 3 years from now you'll be thanking all of us who posted in this thread as well.

omgz we have..like..SOOO much in common!

will you marry me? :love:
"I haven't slept for ten days......because that would be too long." - Mitch Hedberg

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:50 pm

Nreuest wrote:The starting blocks to my success started right here in the off topic forum of WoP and even though I know nothing of their personal lives or will ever meet them in person, I have people like Hostrauser, The Aceman, formermarcher, malletphreak, and IsnipeWithAknife to thank.
I'm having an influence (of any magnitude) on the development of America's youth? :shock:

A dark chill just spread across the country. :cool: