ElTee is Back!

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

LoyalTubist
Section Leader
Section Leader

ElTee is Back!

Post by LoyalTubist » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:04 am

The LoyalTubist is back after a long hiatus...

I have been working very hard over the past few months...

My main job for the past year has been as a teacher at Le Quy Don Senior High School (grades 10-12), a public institution in District 3, Ho Chi Minh City. I teach culture, history, and English (all in English, from an American point of view). I started a new gig at the Singapore International School, also in District 3, not far from the Le Quy Don schools (there are three: elementary, middle, and senior high). At the Singapore School, I taught English and music.

There was a problem at Singapore... They said I was too American... Operating under the Australian system, they said my accent, spelling, and vocabulary were too confusing for the kids. (I later found out it was my strong "R" that was the problem.) I was replaced by a man from New York City who never pronounced his Rs.

Suddenly, I had a lot of free time so I acquired several private students. I would go to their house or they would go to mine.

Then, about a month ago, I received a call from a new university. The Long An University of Technology and Economics needed someone with two graduate degrees. I only have one, a Master of Music in Church Music with a minor in Clinical Psychology. The minor helped me to achieve a license as a Family and Marriage Counseling license, so I applied. After studying me and my credentials, they decided I was the person they needed.

So, now I am Associate Professor of Communication and Information Technology at the university. I have two graduate assistants and maybe I might end up doing this as my only job.

Long An is about 30 miles southwest of my house. While this seems close if you live in Southern California, it takes me about two hours each way. A university car picks me up and drops me off at a tailor shop in District 5, not far from my house in District 1.

So I am back.

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:43 am

Your nickname is not L-T. That one already goes to LaDainian Tomlinson.
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.

LoyalTubist
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by LoyalTubist » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:00 am

I wasn't the one who came up with that. That came from the TubeNet forum ( http://forums.chisham.com/ ). And I write it, "ElTee," because I know about LT.

There are many BJs and RJs in the world. Why not another LT?

Chapagne
Veteran
Veteran

Revealing

Post by Chapagne » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:09 am

Your nickname is not L-T. That one already goes to LaDainian Tomlinson.
Yeah, right! Only young-uns from So. Cal. and ESPN junkies think he's a running back from San Diego. L.T. is Lawrence Taylor.

FluteOfTheNewWorld
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Re: ElTee is Back!

Post by FluteOfTheNewWorld » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:03 am

LoyalTubist wrote:The LoyalTubist is back after a long hiatus...

I have been working very hard over the past few months...

My main job for the past year has been as a teacher at Le Quy Don Senior High School (grades 10-12), a public institution in District 3, Ho Chi Minh City. I teach culture, history, and English (all in English, from an American point of view). I started a new gig at the Singapore International School, also in District 3, not far from the Le Quy Don schools (there are three: elementary, middle, and senior high). At the Singapore School, I taught English and music.

There was a problem at Singapore... They said I was too American... Operating under the Australian system, they said my accent, spelling, and vocabulary were too confusing for the kids. (I later found out it was my strong "R" that was the problem.) I was replaced by a man from New York City who never pronounced his Rs.

Suddenly, I had a lot of free time so I acquired several private students. I would go to their house or they would go to mine.

Then, about a month ago, I received a call from a new university. The Long An University of Technology and Economics needed someone with two graduate degrees. I only have one, a Master of Music in Church Music with a minor in Clinical Psychology. The minor helped me to achieve a license as a Family and Marriage Counseling license, so I applied. After studying me and my credentials, they decided I was the person they needed.

So, now I am Associate Professor of Communication and Information Technology at the university. I have two graduate assistants and maybe I might end up doing this as my only job.

Long An is about 30 miles southwest of my house. While this seems close if you live in Southern California, it takes me about two hours each way. A university car picks me up and drops me off at a tailor shop in District 5, not far from my house in District 1.

So I am back.
Haha that's awesome! Welcome back!
Soldiering On!