What's for Christmas?

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

What's for Christmas?

Post by The Aceman » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:16 pm

So what did everyone put on their Christmas list this year? What do you think you're getting?

I actually (with some accidental snooping) know what I'm getting. Two 12" MTX Thunder 4500 subwoofers and this Kicker amp that pushes 300 watts RMS at 2 ohms. I'm also sure that this is ALL I'm getting from the fam anyways. It's also all I asked for, it's all I could think of that I wanted. I have a policy of only asking for things I want not things I need for Christmas. I could ask for something I needed like paying to get my car registered, but that's not gonna leave any lasting memories will it? What will leaving lasting memories is all the great times I'm going have bumping ridiculously, annoyingly loud bass in my car. :D
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.

saxplyr7
Veteran
Veteran

Post by saxplyr7 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:50 pm

I put Call of Duty 4, Nintendo Wii (Still hard to get apparently), and Nintendo DS but I really hope I get that for my B-day cuz that's smaller haha. I'm really hoping for the Wii right now but CoD 4 would also satisfy me haha. It is so tight. I have the demo and it is pretty intense.

Otherwise, no clue what I'm getting this year.
Vista Murrieta Golden Alliance
GA '06 "Celestial Sketches"
GA '07 "Heroes"
GA '08 "Waves"
GA '09 "The Nile: River of Life"

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:30 pm

I hope I just get some money so I can buy a Mosin Nagant
WHS '05, UCSB '10
WOP OT Round 1 Picture Battle Champion!
WOP OT Mafia Game II: First ever mafia champions
http://officeofstrategicinfluence.com/spam/

Jsaxm
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Jsaxm » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:53 pm

I put down an HD DVD player to go with my HDTV. I bought the TV as a present to myself, but I couldn't afford the DVD player too!! Man, I hope Santa reads this thread.
You just can't encourage stupidity

bassoonuba
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by bassoonuba » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:02 pm

Hoping Santa brings me a nice new pair of ski boots. ;)

JediMasterBando
Veteran
Veteran

Post by JediMasterBando » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:28 pm

My Christmas list consists of basically all household items (or money/giftcards for them) so that when I move out of the place I am living in now (my roommates own everything) I will have things like plates, cups, and maybe a bed to sleep on.

Oh and the complete Firefly series on DVD. (My roommates own that too. :lol: )

:tbone:
"Never look at the trombones. You'll only encourage them. " -Richard Strauss

'05-'08 MSU Spirit of the West Marching Band!
'08 Drum Major

Kappa Kappa Psi- Beta

The Sun Never Sets!
Mt. Carmel '01-'05

fieldshowqueen
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by fieldshowqueen » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:57 am

My want list: case of Ensure, case of Depends, case of Ms. Clairol, lifetime prescription of Prozac

My wish list: winning Lotto ticket (not a scratcher ... I mean the BIG bux), nip/tuck anything not in the place it was in pre-children (which is just about everything at the moment), new car (Jag, 1963 Chevy Impala, or cool little Mercedes would do nicely)

What I'll probably get: new set of pots and pans (can do some damage with those!), new jeans (old ones make me look like a plumber in training), new walkers (shoes NOT the aluminum thing), coal

Ex Nihilo
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by Ex Nihilo » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:40 pm

a good car stereo... some skull candy's... and a CoCa belt buckle...

oh... and a new belt cuz i accidentally cut mine in half.

fieldshowqueen
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by fieldshowqueen » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:17 am

Ex Nihilo wrote:a good car stereo... some skull candy's... and a CoCa belt buckle...
Do we want to know how or why you were using a knife on something that goes around the middle of your body?? :shock:
(No more knives from Santa for you)

Ex Nihilo
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by Ex Nihilo » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:45 pm

fieldshowqueen wrote:
Ex Nihilo wrote:a good car stereo... some skull candy's... and a CoCa belt buckle...
Do we want to know how or why you were using a knife on something that goes around the middle of your body?? :shock:
i'm a college freshman... therefore i'm losing weight... therefore i needed a new hole.

of all the times to do it i had to do it right before a concert and ended up cutting my thumb open and bleeding all over my tuxedo shirt... maybe i should ask for one of those too!

MoophoniumMan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoophoniumMan » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:01 am

I asked Santa for some desktop speakers for my laptop.

8-)

fieldshowqueen
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by fieldshowqueen » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:48 am

Ex Nihilo wrote:
fieldshowqueen wrote:
i'm a college freshman... therefore i'm losing weight... therefore i needed a new hole. of all the times to do it i had to do it right before a concert and ended up cutting my thumb open and bleeding all over my tuxedo shirt... maybe i should ask for one of those too!
Can I ask for new body parts too? :lol:
Actually ... sorry about the boo boo. Maybe a box of band aids should go on the list too.
I've added books (actually the hardcover set of The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Simarillion, etc.) to my list (ty for the idea Kevin), the 3rd season DVD of "House", and a new monitor (this one is a 17" but has to be about 45" deep - I want a flat screen!).

LoyalTubist
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by LoyalTubist » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:22 am

In Vietnam, Christmas is celebrated and Christmas carols are allowed to be sung in public school classrooms (you can even sing the really Christian ones and no one gets upset). You can have a Christmas tree and a Nativity scene in your classroom.

But Christmas and New Year's are not holidays. I will be working on December 25, and then I am on leave for five days from Le Quy Don Senior High (where I teach on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday morning). I will be working my normal two classes a day (three hours each) at Long An University on Monday and Friday.

The students, who also go to school for half of Saturday every week, will not be off until Tet (same as Chinese New Year) which this year is during the end of January and beginning of February. Since I am off from LQD on New Year's Day (and the two days following), I plan to watch the Rose Parade on the KTLA website, which starts at 11:00 PM local time, here. I missed it last year because I didn't have Internet in my house and the Internet parlors closed at 11.

fieldshowqueen
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by fieldshowqueen » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:22 am

LoyalTubist wrote: Since I am off from LQD on New Year's Day (and the two days following), I plan to watch the Rose Parade on the KTLA website, which starts at 11:00 PM local time, here. I missed it last year because I didn't have Internet in my house and the Internet parlors closed at 11.
Check out the Kiwanis float ... my daughter and I are the detail decorators on that one (this is the 3rd year on Kiwanis; we did Home Depot, Roto Rooter, Las Vegas Centennial, and Honda in previous years). Very little in the way of floral arrangements on Kiwanis this year ... so it more than likely will not be seeing any awards, but that's cool so long as it doesn't rain on our work like 2 years ago.