Time to say Goodbye

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

fieldshowqueen
Drum Major
Drum Major

Time to say Goodbye

Post by fieldshowqueen » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:40 pm

Well ... my time here is done. I've completed my last field show. I no longer have children in the band program (haven't for a year and a half actually). To all of you, it's been fun. Some of you have become good friends ... others mortal enemies. I'll check back once in a while to harrass and kid and snoop around.
I would especially like to thank Dave for all his hard work on this site, the mods (but especailly Kevin and Wendy and Brian), and Ryan H. 'The Voice' Turner and John 'vore' Hausey for the laughs about the fan club and "The Book."
Hugs and all that mushy stuff,
Diane Schoelles (aka Field Show Queen)
Valley View High School Band Boosters
Major Event Coordinator
Loara High School Grad 1975

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:02 pm

Just because you are no longer going to be actively involved in the activity doesn't mean you have to leave the site. :(

Farewell.

FluteOfTheNewWorld
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Re: Time to say Goodbye

Post by FluteOfTheNewWorld » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:49 pm

fieldshowqueen wrote:Well ... my time here is done. I've completed my last field show. I no longer have children in the band program (haven't for a year and a half actually). To all of you, it's been fun. Some of you have become good friends ... others mortal enemies. I'll check back once in a while to harrass and kid and snoop around.
I would especially like to thank Dave for all his hard work on this site, the mods (but especailly Kevin and Wendy and Brian), and Ryan H. 'The Voice' Turner and John 'vore' Hausey for the laughs about the fan club and "The Book."
Major Event Coordinator
What?! you're leaving!

Just because you don't have any more in band doesn't mean you can't chill with us here on Off Topic!!

You will be missed and i have enjoyed your posting over the years!! :cry:
Soldiering On!

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Re: Time to say Goodbye

Post by The Aceman » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:00 am

fieldshowqueen wrote:Well ... my time here is done. I've completed my last field show. I no longer have children in the band program (haven't for a year and a half actually). To all of you, it's been fun. Some of you have become good friends ... others mortal enemies. I'll check back once in a while to harrass and kid and snoop around.
Major Event Coordinator

Well I'll be sad to see you go as well. You have always been an insightful poster and fun to have around.

As others have already said, you don't have to leave the site just because you won't be involved with Marching Band anymore. Heck, I've had very little to do with marching band for the last 3 years, but I've stayed. Most the news I get now is either from here or my little bro. Sigh, well hopefully you'll change your mind and decide to stay, but if not you'll be missed.

P.S. I've tried leaving before...it didn't work, I realized this forum is an addiction for me.
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:57 am

I have no reason to be here either...
WHS '05, UCSB '10
WOP OT Round 1 Picture Battle Champion!
WOP OT Mafia Game II: First ever mafia champions
http://officeofstrategicinfluence.com/spam/

DmTy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DmTy » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:55 am

Bye FSQ!!!!
Say hi to spinning star for me :lol:
RBVHS DM 2006/2007

fieldshowqueen
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by fieldshowqueen » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:44 pm

I made a promise to my husband that I'd "disappear" from the band world after the Veteran's Day Classic and after the WBA Championships ... so I figured my 50th Birthday was a good time to make a change. Like I said ... I'll be back once in a while to mess around and say 'hi', just not as often as in the past.

BCAaronT
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by BCAaronT » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:21 pm

awww it was fun being mafia in the last game that never finished, we would've won i know if for sure lol and then you would host the next game but it kinda died a few months ago, but if it starts again we are screwed :)

mkosbie
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by mkosbie » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:12 pm

I hope your infrequent visits to harass us turn into a constant desire to post with us! Seriously though, have fun in "the real world".
It's 5:00... do you know where your ancestors came from?