Grossest experience you're had at a fast food restruant

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Fluba
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Fluba » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:44 pm

fieldshowqueen wrote:Ok ... totally gross out ...
My husband and I own a commercial cooking and warming equipment repair company ... I can tell you which restaurants are "clean" and which are the grossest places to eat on the planet.

One of the yuckiest experiences has got to be removing a piece of equipment from an unnamed restaurant and finding several dead and fried rats behind the oven. The other is replacing a fryer (any fryer). The caked on grease is *gag*.
At least the friers at my place of work are clean. And Im always scared that Ill like slip and plunge my arm into hot oil. Yeah...

I find the kitchen at work an amazing place. How much food goes through in a day and we rarely lose an order or get it wrong. Its insane to be in there at times really.
That Flute playin' Tuba guy...

This is why Tubas rule

LoyalTubist
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by LoyalTubist » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:29 am

I won't comment here... I worked at McDonald's as a teenager and have some awful horror stories behind the scenes. It's not McDonald's that was bad... it was one manager who tried to short cut the system. I am sure a lot of people won't ever go to McDonald's because of that man, who was fired over thirty years ago when I worked there.

Jsaxm
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Jsaxm » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:58 am

Fluba wrote:And Im always scared that Ill like slip and plunge my arm into hot oil.
You know what? Now that you bring that up I would probably be afraid of that too. That would be really bad, haha!
You just can't encourage stupidity