The X-Files 2

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

midavid
Rookie
Rookie

The X-Files 2

Post by midavid » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:27 am

Words cannot fully convey the overjoyed sense of happiness in the news of "The X-Files 2" movie scheduled to be released next year. They originally announced this development regarding FBI Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully a week ago:
:oops:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/2007110 ... 903261223f
"You're like Christopher Columbus. You discovered something millions of people knew about before you." -Lisa Simpson

"Mom, I'm going to give you life the way I imagine you gave me life: by pressing ALT F5 repeatedly." -Bart Simpson

tSz42

Post by tSz42 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:21 pm

Mulder and Scully will be reuniting on the big screen June 25, 2008.

Fox also announced that production on the as-yet untitled movie follow-up would kick off Dec. 10
I may have read that wrong; but, if I did read that right: They're going to start filming in December and the movie is going to be released 6 months later in June? I don't see how that is possible...
Usually filming takes, what, 3 months? Leaving 3 months to be edited and whatnot. Post-production, at least from what I've seen, takes longer than 3 months.
You can argue the amount of time it takes to film a movie, but 6 months from filming to the big screen is to short of time with a movie of this caliber.

JazzGeek
Veteran
Veteran

Post by JazzGeek » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:37 pm

tSz42 wrote:
Mulder and Scully will be reuniting on the big screen June 25, 2008.

Fox also announced that production on the as-yet untitled movie follow-up would kick off Dec. 10
I may have read that wrong; but, if I did read that right: They're going to start filming in December and the movie is going to be released 6 months later in June? I don't see how that is possible...
Usually filming takes, what, 3 months? Leaving 3 months to be edited and whatnot. Post-production, at least from what I've seen, takes longer than 3 months.
You can argue the amount of time it takes to film a movie, but 6 months from filming to the big screen is to short of time with a movie of this caliber.
Not really. Especially movies based on TV shows. Besides, this X-files movie will be a stand-alone story with no series mythology (boo) ---- this can mean minimal special effects, and more action-oriented fare. Hence, a quicker run to the theatre.