Time Change

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

FluteOfTheNewWorld
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Time Change

Post by FluteOfTheNewWorld » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:06 pm

Don't forget!! Fall back one hour... (technically it happened at 2am but whatever..)
Soldiering On!

Fluba
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Fluba » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:31 pm

Yay, free hour of sleep and confusion as to what the real time is. Cause I wake up thinking that I need to set my stuff back an hr and it all did it on its own. Freaking technology...

Though I don't mind the free sleep. Lets just fall back an hr EVERY week. Sure, it will screw with the world, but it will make us Americans happier cause we get free sleep.
That Flute playin' Tuba guy...

This is why Tubas rule

ZJH
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by ZJH » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:51 pm

But it hasn't happened yet...it's gonna be tomorrow morning at 2 AM. Otherwise DirecTV and AT&T would've already set their clocks back one hour.
"To think idly is to think for the sake of doing nothing, or to think too much on what one has done and not on what there is to do." - San Manuel Bueno, mártir

fieldshowqueen
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by fieldshowqueen » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:26 pm

ZJH wrote:But it hasn't happened yet...it's gonna be tomorrow morning at 2 AM. Otherwise DirecTV and AT&T would've already set their clocks back one hour.
HUH? Happened this morning at 2 am. This is why I don't have DirecTV and AT&T ... LOL

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:35 pm

ZJH wrote:But it hasn't happened yet...it's gonna be tomorrow morning at 2 AM. Otherwise DirecTV and AT&T would've already set their clocks back one hour.
Wrong. It always happens early Sunday morning. It happened earlier today. DirecTV and AT&T must be slow. Otherwise the NFL games today started at 11am and 2pm PST, which is a big change. ;)

FluteOfTheNewWorld
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by FluteOfTheNewWorld » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:27 pm

Hostrauser wrote:
Wrong. It always happens early Sunday morning. It happened earlier today. DirecTV and AT&T must be slow. Otherwise the NFL games today started at 11am and 2pm PST, which is a big change. ;)
Yeah my computer and cell phone automatically changed... but my alarm clock did not.. So i was confused for a minute there about the time.

How about those chargers? They blew their half time lead... again... Rivers had such a terrible game.. gosh! :evil:
Soldiering On!

AzhlackDMPiccolo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AzhlackDMPiccolo » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:30 pm

why cant they do the time change on monday. so then you'd relaly get free sleep and then u can feel refreshed for school/work
Eyes with pride!

"Ability may get you to the top but it takes character to keep you there."
-John Wooden

Pi=3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105...

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:04 pm

FluteOfTheNewWorld wrote:Rivers had such a terrible game.. gosh! :evil:
That's because Rivers received virtually no pass protection. The Chargers offensive line couldn't stop the NFL's worst rated defense...this game doesn't bode well for the rest of the Chargers season.

And I can't believe the 49ers lost to the Falcons, now we're officially one of the worst teams in the NFL once again. I can't wait until 49ers have success again, I think Alex Smith has the talent, he just needs a better opportunity, rough start this season with an injury and all.
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.

ZJH
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by ZJH » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:14 pm

Okay, nevermind. Turns out DirecTV and AT&T DID change, and I'm just on crack, haha. I guess I just thought that they didn't because the only clocks I have are on my comp and cell phone, and that my parents all changed the clocks before I got home last night.
"To think idly is to think for the sake of doing nothing, or to think too much on what one has done and not on what there is to do." - San Manuel Bueno, mártir

FluteOfTheNewWorld
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by FluteOfTheNewWorld » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:15 pm

ZJH wrote:Okay, nevermind. Turns out DirecTV and AT&T DID change, and I'm just on crack, haha. I guess I just thought that they didn't because the only clocks I have are on my comp and cell phone, and that my parents all changed the clocks before I got home last night.
Haha it's ok.. we forgive you.
Soldiering On!

fieldshowqueen
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by fieldshowqueen » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:12 pm

FluteOfTheNewWorld wrote:
ZJH wrote:Okay, nevermind. Turns out DirecTV and AT&T DID change, and I'm just on crack, haha. I guess I just thought that they didn't because the only clocks I have are on my comp and cell phone, and that my parents all changed the clocks before I got home last night.
We do??

FluteOfTheNewWorld
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by FluteOfTheNewWorld » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:57 pm

fieldshowqueen wrote:
FluteOfTheNewWorld wrote:
We do??
Haha I actually noticed that right as I hit Submit and I had to wait for a few seconds... :lol: :lol:
Soldiering On!

baritoneplayer
Veteran
Veteran

Time Change

Post by baritoneplayer » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:23 am

Love the time change! I start work at 5am and usually get out of bed at 4:30 am. With the time change I feel awake when I get out of bed and get to work feeling more productive :D

mkosbie
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by mkosbie » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:24 am

I'm still feeling all the extra time from this change. It's like I haven't had class for years. Very refreshing.
It's 5:00... do you know where your ancestors came from?

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:46 am

Yeah, I woke up an hour earlier than usual today, amazing how much more you can do with one more hour.
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.