P2P

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

JazzGeek
Veteran
Veteran

Post by JazzGeek » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:59 am

thatonehornguy wrote:
I don't necessairly think that this article could be considered a credible source, somply because this study was conducted in a different country. Statistics are different in every country, i.e. crime rates, birth rates, etc. Whose to say that these statistics could be the same for Americans? For all we know, those statistics could be the exact opposite of what happens in America.

Also, this article doesn't apply to the topic of P2P with television shows across a private connection. This is a much more sensitive topic.
Canada is North America, and aside from some regional Canadian artists, most Canadian pop charts resemble their American counterparts. This is because Canadian tastes mimic some of America's. Not to mention that many Canadian artists crossover to the American pop charts --- Rush, Bryan Adams, Diana Krall, Celine Dion, Anne Murray, Gordon Lightfoot, Avril Lavigne, Shania Twain, Maynard Ferguson, Oscar Peterson, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, and many more.

I'd be curious to see if a similar poll was done in California, since California (especially southern California) is heavily connected with broadband.