Red Sox Win

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

FluteOfTheNewWorld
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Red Sox Win

Post by FluteOfTheNewWorld » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:07 pm

Congrats to the Red Sox for their sweep of the Rockies. I wanted the rockies to win but whatever...
Soldiering On!

horns2thebachs
Veteran
Veteran

Post by horns2thebachs » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:19 pm

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP! Sox won the Series, Yanks don't have Torre, or A-Rod(hopefully)

Life is good :lol:

P.S. Anyone catch the "PLEASE SIGN LOWELL!" chants

fieldshowqueen
Drum Major
Drum Major

Re: Red Sox Win

Post by fieldshowqueen » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:09 pm

FluteOfTheNewWorld wrote:Congrats to the Red Sox for their sweep of the Rockies. I wanted the rockies to win but whatever...

... sorry ... not exciting in the least ...

Nreuest
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by Nreuest » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:30 am

fieldshowqueen wrote:
FluteOfTheNewWorld wrote:Congrats to the Red Sox for their sweep of the Rockies. I wanted the rockies to win but whatever...

much like the patriots

fieldshowqueen
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by fieldshowqueen » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:19 pm

Nreuest wrote:
fieldshowqueen wrote:

much like the patriots
No ... I rank watching paint dry above the Patriots. The world series this year was sort of a "non contest".

Nreuest
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by Nreuest » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:04 pm

fieldshowqueen wrote:
Nreuest wrote:
fieldshowqueen wrote: Image

much like the patriots
No ... I rank watching paint dry above the Patriots. The world series this year was sort of a "non contest".
like i said......patriots winning isn't exciting in the least either, same old same old

LoyalTubist
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by LoyalTubist » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:08 am

To be a baseball fan in Vietnam takes a lot of determination and guts. I mean, they show the games on ESPN Asia (which is actually owned by the same company that owns the Fox Network and has nothing to do with the ESPN network in the United States) at the actual time they air. Some of the games come on at 5:30 in the morning. Other times, since soccer (which they call "football") is so important, they postpone the games until 2:00 am on the following morning! If you want to see (American) football here, I think it's best to watch videos online of games played fifty years ago!

By the way, if you miss my posts, I should tell everyone that I have gotten a new post in which I have to train recent graduates of Vietnamese universities how to speak American English so they can teach their students how to work in an American environment. Part of my job is acting like an ignorant American who has no idea what certain terms mean. It's all an act but I am quite honest when it comes to US/Metric and Fahrenheit/Celsius conversions. I mean, I can use one or the other but to have to translate it while I describe it is a talent I have yet to master.

And... before anyone criticizes me about the fact that most of the world speaks British English (and not American English), I should also let you know that I am following a directive by the Minister of Education that all high school graduates of Vietnamese high schools, by the class of 2010, will speak fluent AMERICAN English. Those are his words, although the caps are mine.

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:40 am

LoyalTubist wrote:I should also let you know that I am following a directive by the Minister of Education that all high school graduates of Vietnamese high schools, by the class of 2010, will speak fluent AMERICAN English.
Great, just what the world needs: more American English. :roll:

To quote Mark from "Ugly Betty"...

We're all doomed! DOOOOMED!

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:27 pm

LoyalTubist wrote:I mean, they show the games on ESPN Asia (which is actually owned by the same company that owns the Fox Network and has nothing to do with the ESPN network in the United States) at the actual time they air.
Actually, it has plenty to do with the ESPN network in the United States. ESPN Star is 50% owned by ESPN Inc. and 50% owned by STAR TV. Who's parent companies are The Walt Disney Company and News Corporation Limited respectively. So, yes STAR TV and FOX share the same parent company, but it is still half owned by the same company as the ESPN network in the United States.
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.