Sheesh!

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Chapagne
Veteran
Veteran

Sheesh!

Post by Chapagne » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:59 pm

:soap: I'm really getting annoyed at the sheer magnitude of announcements from drum and bugle corps that aren't in the ANNOUNCEMENT forum! Isn't that where they should be? Instead, we get to enjoying finding them in Marching Band, Color Guard, Percussion and D&BC! Of the 50 or so posts in D&BC visible right now, 38 or so are just announcements. Aren't they called "Discussion Groups"? Discuss.

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Re: Sheesh!

Post by Hostrauser » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:49 am

Chapagne wrote::soap: I'm really getting annoyed at the sheer magnitude of announcements from drum and bugle corps that aren't in the ANNOUNCEMENT forum! Isn't that where they should be? Instead, we get to enjoying finding them in Marching Band, Color Guard, Percussion and D&BC! Of the 50 or so posts in D&BC visible right now, 38 or so are just announcements. Aren't they called "Discussion Groups"? Discuss.
So wait... drum corps... shouldn't post drum corps related announcements... in the drum corps forum? :?

Other than that, I agree with you. I too have gotten a little concerned with the spread of drum corps postings in all forums. Just because marching band and drumline players, and color guard performers use the same equipment as drum corps does not mean there should be recruitment posts in every forum (that said, a recruitment post shouldn't be in the event announcement forum, either; though clinics and workshops should be posted there).

I can't control the percussion or guard forums, but I am a mod in the marching band and drum corps forums. And I think you're right: from now on I'll be a little more stringent about deleting/moving drum corps announcements in the marching band forum.