Halloween - Spooks and Frights

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

midavid
Rookie
Rookie

Halloween - Spooks and Frights

Post by midavid » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:12 pm

In the (ghostly) spirit of Halloween, here's a website with some surreal and spooky images of, what else, ghosts.

http://www.ghostresearch.org/ghostpics

This should be a fun topic, sure would like to see what other scary frights are out there lurking the haunted house that is the internet.

And don't even think of posting that video of the scary car commercial. That is NOT funny! It equates to a heart attack.

"Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding almost as though you sense a disquieting metamorphosis. Is this haunted room actually stretching? Or is it your imagination? And consider this dismaying observation: this chamber has no windows and no doors! Which offers you this chilling challenge: to find a way out! Of course, there's always my way..."

Last edited by midavid on Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You're like Christopher Columbus. You discovered something millions of people knew about before you." -Lisa Simpson

"Mom, I'm going to give you life the way I imagine you gave me life: by pressing ALT F5 repeatedly." -Bart Simpson

FluteOfTheNewWorld
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by FluteOfTheNewWorld » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:46 pm

Can anyone say photoshop?
Soldiering On!

ZJH
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by ZJH » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:08 pm

"Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding almost as though you sense a disquieting metamorphosis. Is this haunted room actually stretching? Or is it your imagination? And consider this dismaying observation: this chamber has no windows and no doors! Which offers you this chilling challenge: to find a way out! Of course, there's always my way..."

That's from the friggin' Tower of Terror in Disneyland, man.
"To think idly is to think for the sake of doing nothing, or to think too much on what one has done and not on what there is to do." - San Manuel Bueno, mártir

JCYS
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by JCYS » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:25 pm

ZJH wrote:"Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding almost as though you sense a disquieting metamorphosis. Is this haunted room actually stretching? Or is it your imagination? And consider this dismaying observation: this chamber has no windows and no doors! Which offers you this chilling challenge: to find a way out! Of course, there's always my way..."

Ooops..sorry Andrew...thats from "The Haunted Mansion" (as you are in the elevator at the begiinng...)

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Re: Halloween - Spooks and Frights

Post by Hostrauser » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:07 am

MIDPRONIUM wrote:And don't even think of posting that video of the scary car commercial. That is NOT funny! It equates to a heart attack.
That sentence sounds like it was written by Philippe from Achewood.

Fluba
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Fluba » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:45 pm

ZJH wrote:"Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding almost as though you sense a disquieting metamorphosis. Is this haunted room actually stretching? Or is it your imagination? And consider this dismaying observation: this chamber has no windows and no doors! Which offers you this chilling challenge: to find a way out! Of course, there's always my way..."

Ah, Paul Frees... And, yeah, jcys is right. Its in the stretching room of the Gracy Manor that the recording is from. And it just happens to be an elevator in Disneyland. All the other versions move the celling up I think. So, yeah... </random facts>

Uhh, interesting topic...?
That Flute playin' Tuba guy...

This is why Tubas rule

JenKozy
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by JenKozy » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:58 pm

Anyone ever do the flashlight tour of the Winchester Mansion? Always wanted to do that!
I am NOT too old for this!

I'd rather be Dreaming... in a tree.

ZJH
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by ZJH » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:09 pm

Ahhh yes, my mistake. The ride wasn't particularly scary, haha. I do have to admit though, the part with the hanging body from the ceiling was a bit spooky at first. ;p
"To think idly is to think for the sake of doing nothing, or to think too much on what one has done and not on what there is to do." - San Manuel Bueno, mártir

Wildabeast
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by Wildabeast » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:24 pm

Heh, if anyone has the Travel Channel, they're showing "Most Haunted - Live" from the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose right now.
-Stop global whining.

fieldshowqueen
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by fieldshowqueen » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:02 am

We just got back from opening night at the Rialto Community Playhouse's version of Dracula (having a kid in the cast was the main reason for going). The play runs every Friday and Saturday night at 8 pm and Sunday's at 2 through 11/10, with two "special" shows on 10/27 and 10/31 at midnight. Cost is $15 for adults and $12 for students/seniors. My only criticism (besides obvious prop and wardrobe malfunctions) is there is no pit orchestra. :(

midavid
Rookie
Rookie

A Peaceful Round of Golf

Post by midavid » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:51 am

What a peaceful round of golf on a calm sunny day, very tranquil and serene with the birds chirping: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce_amHD_wxE
"You're like Christopher Columbus. You discovered something millions of people knew about before you." -Lisa Simpson

"Mom, I'm going to give you life the way I imagine you gave me life: by pressing ALT F5 repeatedly." -Bart Simpson

Ex Nihilo
Drum Major
Drum Major

Re: A Peaceful Round of Golf

Post by Ex Nihilo » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:45 pm

MIDPRONIUM wrote:What a peaceful round of golf on a calm sunny day, very tranquil and serene with the birds chirping: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce_amHD_wxE
i think i lost braincells...

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:12 am

MIDPRONIUM wrote:What a peaceful round of golf on a calm sunny day, very tranquil and serene with the birds chirping: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce_amHD_wxE
My earlier post has been deleted, but I apologize for being insulting towards you MIDPRONIUM. My reaction was brought on by some earlier frustrations. I thought I was being comical, when I was really out of line.

"Who in the heck made this guy a mod anyways?" :lol:
"I dunno but he sure sucks at it!" :oops:
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.

Ex Nihilo
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by Ex Nihilo » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:26 am

The Aceman wrote:
My earlier post has been deleted, but I apologize for being insulting towards you MIDPRONIUM. My reaction was brought on by some earlier frustrations. I thought I was being comical, when I was really out of line.

i thought it was comical...

fieldshowqueen
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by fieldshowqueen » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:42 am

Ex Nihilo wrote:
The Aceman wrote:

i thought it was comical...
Second that. But I'm evil that way.