Let the Bodies Hit the Floor

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Let the Bodies Hit the Floor

Post by Hostrauser » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:13 am

I seem to recall this being posted here before, but a search didn't turn it up. In any event, it's well worth posting again.

Benny Hinn (preacher) + Drowning Pool (band) = TEH AWSUM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lvU-DislkI

Sixfdsteve
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sixfdsteve » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:25 am

Dave Williams would be on the floor laughing at this video.
Steve Elias

Percussion Caption Head
Liberty County HS
Hinesville, GA
Arranger/ Clinician/ Consultant 08/09
Percussion Caption Head 03-07
El Capitan HS
Lakeside, CA

Ryan H. Turner
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by Ryan H. Turner » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:18 am

Absolutely disgusting. Unbelievable people actually buy into that crap. I can imagine a nice line of "extras" out in the alley behind an auditorium after one of his shows collecting their "appearance fee" for falling all over a stage and shaking like that. What a bunch of hooey.

Ex Nihilo
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by Ex Nihilo » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:57 am

hmmm... i do believe that healings can occur... but like that... i really can't be sure one way or the other. my mind is divided.

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:05 pm

One of my favorite televangelists is Kerney Thomas. On his late night slot he's just busting out and speaking in tongues which is hilarious. One late night a friend of mine and I decided to down a 24 pack of beer and ended up calling up the prayer hotline. Sadly we were able to keep the guy on the phone talking about our "woes" for a good 30 minutes. You would think they would have noticed our slurred speech and giggles.

Anywho I'm proud of my faith but I've got something against preachers. You've got yours and I've got mine but I don't care what you do. A favorite bible verse of mine deals with preachers:

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 6But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

BAM!
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

Ryan H. Turner
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by Ryan H. Turner » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:20 pm

Ex Nihilo wrote:hmmm... i do believe that healings can occur... but like that... i really can't be sure one way or the other. my mind is divided.
I believe healings occur too. Ask me about my daughter some day and I'll show you a true healing. And it didn't happen because someone got smacked in the head and boogied all over the stage. It was a quiet and very spiritual moment. So...my mind is pretty much made up.

This guy is an entertainer. And a fraud. No more...and no less.

FluteOfTheNewWorld
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by FluteOfTheNewWorld » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:45 pm

Yeah that video is totally fake..
Soldiering On!

fieldshowqueen
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by fieldshowqueen » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:00 pm

Ex Nihilo wrote:hmmm... i do believe that healings can occur... but like that... i really can't be sure one way or the other. my mind is divided.
I'm not sure about healings, but I truly believe we are "watched" in some way by something. I can rattle off no less that 15 incidents of either my or someone in my family's impending doom (yes, actual death) or being majorly hurt, but suddenly something happens to stop it. Too weird.

... and it really bugs me when charlatans and hypocrites pull this and that my grandmother actually gave thousands of dollars to a "nice young man who is blessed by God." :roll: