Favorite Stand-up?

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

bassoonuba
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by bassoonuba » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:42 pm

Add another vote for the Blue Collar guys. Ron White is definitely one of the funniest comedians out there.

FluteOfTheNewWorld
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by FluteOfTheNewWorld » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:38 am

bassoonuba wrote:Add another vote for the Blue Collar guys.
Yeah their show on Comedy Central is soo great! I love it!
Soldiering On!

visualstaff
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by visualstaff » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:18 pm

You know, I didn't bother to read ALL the posts between the first one and this page, but I am gonna have to go with The Tonight Show's Jay Leno and my personal favortie female comedian - Wanda Sykes! Then there's my favorite male comedian - Mr. Homer Simpson.

Anyone have any opinions on Last Comic Standing this past season? I thought it wasn't as good as previous seasons, but that's just me.
-VisualStaff-

"Silence is the fabric upon which the notes are woven." ~Lawrence Duncan

"Leave the Cookies on the Field!" ~Anonymous

ZJH
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by ZJH » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:25 am

Wanda Sykes is HILARIOUS! Russell Peters's stuff is also pretty funny the first few times, but it can get old pretty fast. Very racial though. Dave Chappelle is also great, and I love Jeff Dunham the ventriloquist as well. Definitely some funny stuff.
"To think idly is to think for the sake of doing nothing, or to think too much on what one has done and not on what there is to do." - San Manuel Bueno, mártir

visualstaff
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by visualstaff » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:58 am

You know I met Wanda Sykes once and didn't even know it?! I work at Disneyland, and so one day I am hanging out with Mickey in his house and a group of people walk in to meet him. I usually like to talk to the people waiting, so I walk down the line of about ten people and when I get to the end I started to have a nice conversation with this nice woman. She then proceeds to take her picture and leave the room...and as soon as she does the photographer turns to me and says "Do you know who you were just talking to?" And I said "That nice lady?" And they said "That was Wanda freakin' Sykes!"

I couldn't believe it! I am such a fan and I didn't even notice!! In my defense, she is much different in person. She was very calm, her hair was straight and she was wearing a baseball cap. The neatest thing was that she was just a normal person with whom I had a good conversation with, and that ladies and gentlemen, is my Wanda Sykes story! :mrgreen:
-VisualStaff-

Anclroo

Post by Anclroo » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:38 am

have you guys heard of Demetri Martin? he's pretty cool plays guitar and piano to tell jokes and uses props. and David Cross he has some good stand up also

visualstaff
New Recruit
New Recruit

Comics

Post by visualstaff » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:58 am

So I haven't heard about those guys, but if you haven't already, go to YouTube and type in "Flight of the Conchords"

Now there is some good comedy! These guys just play a couple of guitars and sing their folk songs, but folk has never been so funny! :rotf:
-VisualStaff-

Nreuest
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by Nreuest » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:26 pm

Anclroo wrote:have you guys heard of Demetri Martin? he's pretty cool plays guitar and piano to tell jokes and uses props. and David Cross he has some good stand up also
hes done some good stuff

and flight of the concords is also pretty genius