Chris Crocker Shocking 9/11 video.

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Riflejay
New Recruit
New Recruit

Chris Crocker Shocking 9/11 video.

Post by Riflejay » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:34 pm

Chris Crocker was known for his uh.. her Controversial Youtube Video Pleading the world to Leave Britney Spears alone.
In a recent Interview with Access Hollywood he/she spoke about people giving him/her death threats and he blames it on his/her love for Britney, that people don't understand.

Well, after this video, it makes sense why he's receiving all of these death threats.

This just makes me angry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksEj2p0q7qY&NR=1
Flourish it baby!

"Tired of just dance? Try it with weapons!"

FluteOfTheNewWorld
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by FluteOfTheNewWorld » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:29 pm

Is it one of those 9/11 was an inside job videos? I don't have time to watch it right now.. I'm watching the padres game.
Soldiering On!

LoyalTubist
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by LoyalTubist » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:09 am

The people in this country wonder about the conspiracy theorists. They think they have an awful lot of free time. Does free time make you paranoid?

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:15 am

The video is a short, 30 second clip of him saying "who cares about 9/11? Britney [Spears] is a national treasure."

He's saying (somewhat tongue in cheek) that Britney's troubles are more important to him than 9/11. What's the big deal? Isn't he allowed to have that opinion?

Okay, sure, you can call him a big jerk for saying that the imbecilic actions of a spoiled pop-star are more important than a terrorist event that killed 3,000 people. But death threats? Really?

Why do Americans react SO VIOLENTLY to anyone who dares think outside social norms, who dares express an opinion that is taboo, insensitive, or even indecent; or to someone who DARES make a joke about a tragedy?

Americans are way too sensitive. :roll:

I'm also irritated by the way Americans think only THEIR tragedies are sacred or sacrosanct. Those very same Americans who would be ready to strangle a guy for making a 9/11 joke wouldn't even BLINK if he joked about the 2003 European heat wave (35,000+ killed -- do any of you even REMEMBER this? It happened two years more recently than 9/11 and had 10+ times the death toll), the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami (230,000 killed), or Darfur (200,000-400,000 killed).

It's been six years, folks. Get on with your lives. :|
Last edited by Hostrauser on Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:09 pm

Like Hostrauser, I couldn't care less about what "Chris Crocker" thinks about 9/11 or Britney Spears.

What I do find mightily hilarious though, is the original "Leave Britney Alone" video that made him famous. That's classic comedy right there...here's the link, but be advised it does have some obscene language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoE ... ed&search=

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (5 LOL's out of 5!)
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.

Ryan H. Turner
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by Ryan H. Turner » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:15 pm

Oh Hostrauer...dude...you are SOOOOOOOOOOOO on the money sometimes you scare me. I'm pretty sure that in the context of the WORLD and in the scope of all things that have happened that are "bad", 9-11 pales in comparison. When I say "pales in comparison", I MEAN IT. It was UNBELIEVABLY tragic...it was UNBELIEVABLE carnage...it hit me in the solar plexus because it was MY country that was being "attacked". But then...there were two things that really really REALLY bothered me.

I started seeing people gather on city streets and corners and started waving American flags and shouting "GO USA" and "God Bless America". Spontaneous (or so it seemed) eruptions of patriotism. This was in the days immediately following 9-11. And I remember distinctly one night driving through Placentia with my wife and then very small daughter, and saying, "This is kind of creepy. We just lost 3000 people...and these people are standing around cheering. I don't get it. I don't get the correlation other than it was the ONLY thing they could think to do to show that we were tough Americans and we're going to....what?? Wave a flag at a terrorist?" So for whatever reason, things were clicking with me in that regard. I didn't "get it".

But secondly...and EVEN MORE MADDENINGLY, were the requests for "donations and support". One of the ugly ugly ugly truths about 9-11 was what most never heard about, and that was the "fight for the money". Not only were victim families either getting the shaft, or disgustingly, getting REALLY REALLY RICH off the death of a loved one, but amazingly, there was FRAUD and OUTRIGHT THEFT of funds. Does ANYONE know whatever happened to all of the money the Red Cross conveniently "lost"????? We're not talking about a stack of 20 dollar bills. We're talking MILLIONS. That got swept up so fast under the media rug you probably never even heard.

As most of you know, when I'm not marching band geek of the century, I actually have a serious job in the fire service as a 911 dispatch supervisor. Immediately following 9-11, we were of course just like the rest of the country, coming to grips with what happened, forming our own opinions or letting the mass media TELL US what our opinion was supposed to be, and....most of all...BOMBARDED to "give" to the "cause". We sent of course our own contingent of people back from Orange County Fire to assist with the disaster, and we were very involved in aid projects and what not. I finally reached a point when some firefighter in South Carolina (and this memory is sketchy so excuse me) had started a national campaign to sell CD's of country music or patriotic music of some sort, with the old standby of "and ALL proceeds will go to the firefighter victim families". A worthy cause no doubt. But this was TWO MONTHS AFTER 9-11, and I had already heard from a bunch of other "all proceeds will go" outfits, INCLUDING TWO DIFFERENT people in our own department doing their OWN thing and started a freakin' RIVARLY with accusations thrown back and forth about who stole money and who's supporting what and....oh it was a unbelievable mess. And when this stupid CD idea came out, and my supervisor at the time was all gung-ho about it and gave us a speech about helping out, and it wasn't a big deal, I stood up and said, "EXCUSE ME. I am done. No more donations. They have MORE than enough." Of course I was accused of being unfeeling and uncaring, but really...it was ENOUGH.

So...yeah...that tsunami barely stayed in our consciousness for longer than a week...but HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of people were killed in a span on an hour or so. It was UNBELIEVABLE--and I've seen the videos. If ANYTHING REMOTELY like that occurred here in southern California, MILLIONS would die. 9-11 was a blip. A BIG BLIP...a disasterous blip...a horrible and disgusting blip that showed the best and absolute WORST of humanity...but it was a blip.

It IS time to move on. It IS time to protect ourselves from it happening again, honoring those that died, but let's go....never forget, but move on.

Ex Nihilo
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by Ex Nihilo » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:39 pm

The Aceman wrote:Like Hostrauser, I couldn't care less about what "Chris Crocker" thinks about 9/11 or Britney Spears.

What I do find mightily hilarious though, is the original "Leave Britney Alone" video that made him famous. That's classic comedy right there...here's the link, but be advised it does have some obscene language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoE ... ed&search=

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (5 LOL's out of 5!)
and the response...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiqkDm9UoKo

LoyalTubist
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by LoyalTubist » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:43 am

Living outside the United States in a developing (ie POOR) country, I couldn't disagree more. People here are worried about what happens to the United States. It can happen again. If they can destroy the World Trade Center in New York City, imagine what they could do to the entire city of Saigon!

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:50 am

LoyalTubist wrote:It can happen again.
So could a giant meteor that wipes out 99% of life on Earth. I don't spend one second of one day worry about that, either.
LoyalTubist wrote:If they can destroy the World Trade Center in New York City, imagine what they could do to the entire city of Saigon!
If they can destroy the World Trade Center in New York City, imagine what they could do to the entire city of Tulsa!

If they can destroy the World Trade Center in New York City, imagine what they could do to the entire city of Modesto!

If they can destroy the World Trade Center in New York City, imagine what they could do to the entire town of Humptulips!

:roll: Why would they bother?

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:08 pm

In other news, LOLcats have come out in support of Chris Crocker. :cool:

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:10 pm

Ex Nihilo wrote:and the response...

WIN

Ex Nihilo
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by Ex Nihilo » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:58 pm

Hostrauser wrote:
Ex Nihilo wrote:and the response...

WIN
yay!

Brad
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Brad » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:05 am

:lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :vomit:
Be good to your friends
Be good to strangers
be good to yourself

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:54 am

One lock! :yeah:
Two lock! :yeah:
Eight lock, barf! :yeah:

Daylight come an' me wanna go home...

:yeah:

:hijack:

Brad
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Brad » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:41 am

You must read minds. Exactly what I had in mind putting it down. :lol: But, I think the thread is starting to spiral down, so i thought a lock might be in order
Be good to your friends
Be good to strangers
be good to yourself