help needed!

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:11 pm

The internet is serious business people.

Now this thread is about how off-topic we are allowed to be in a thread? There is no need for further arguing, mkosbie already solved the problem by creating a seperate thread to discuss the shortcomings of Web 2.0, so let's keep further discussion in this thread relevant to helping out the original poster and not arguing.
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.

fieldshowqueen
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by fieldshowqueen » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:46 pm

The Aceman wrote:The internet is serious business people.

Now this thread is about how off-topic we are allowed to be in a thread? There is no need for further arguing, mkosbie already solved the problem by creating a seperate thread to discuss the shortcomings of Web 2.0, so let's keep further discussion in this thread relevant to helping out the original poster and not arguing.
\
Thank you! I think cymtech's frustration is because he has posted two things asking for assistance and both times was met with a different answer than "here's some help."

tSz42

Post by tSz42 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:08 pm

@ Fluba:

I think you fail to comprehend the meaning of Cymtech's post. He was asking for help on a logo. If you were willing to help you had to PM him for further details. That's it. No reason to reply to the thread.

The issue of it being posted on a marching band website, well lets see. Maybe the logo and website had something to do with marching band?

And as for you defending yourself on the internet. To help avoid such mishaps in the future read this sticky!

@ the Mods:

this topic is finished. Cymtech has received the help he has asked for. Please lock this thread.

PS - in case anyone is wonder why I don't follow my own advice and PM Fluba personally about this issue is because we can all learn from this.[/url]

mkosbie
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by mkosbie » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:24 pm

I'm not sure that it's appropriate for me to lock this thread, because I don't know that I can be impartial about it. For now, I have it locked, but leave it up to the other moderators discretion to reopen it. If other members have an opinion on the thread, please PM myself or one of the other OT moderators and we'll see what we can do.

As for the reason I locked the thread at this point? Simple. Numerous people have contacted cymtech to help him with his logo. The possible tangential topic (shortcomings of Web 2.0) has been given its own thread. As far as I can tell, all the remaining posts in the thread constitute the beginnings of flame war that doesn't belong on this forum.
It's 5:00... do you know where your ancestors came from?

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:20 pm

This thread sucked. I want a refund. :x