fantasymarchingband.com Season 9

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:56 pm

I guess you'll have to wait for the show announcement.

Since FWG and FDL are still under development, it looks like FMB will be starting up Season X in just a couple of weeks (back-to-back seasons).

FluteOfTheNewWorld
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by FluteOfTheNewWorld » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:17 pm

Wow really?! That's awesome!! I thought we had to wait until next august!!

I'm excited for my show.... someone knows what I'm doing.. perhaps more do but I know of one for sure!
Soldiering On!

Fluba
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Fluba » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:32 pm

Geeze, that is one creepy clown. Something more along the lines of "It" to me...

Hummm, maybe Ill sign up this season. But I need a show idea and such.
That Flute playin' Tuba guy...

This is why Tubas rule

FluteOfTheNewWorld
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by FluteOfTheNewWorld » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:01 am

Fluba wrote:Geeze, that is one creepy clown. Something more along the lines of "It" to me...

Hummm, maybe Ill sign up this season. But I need a show idea and such.
I didn't have one for the past season and I just kinda made it up... you don't need to have one
Soldiering On!

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:43 am

FluteOfTheNewWorld wrote:Wow really?! That's awesome!! I thought we had to wait until next august!!
Hah! No, FMB has only been around for about a year and a half to two years and has already completed nine seasons. ;)

Based on the historical messages in the forums, a new FMB season seems to start up every 3 months or so (one month sign-up, one month season, one month off, etc.)

So, since Season IX sign-ups wer Jul/Aug and the season was Aug/Sep, I'm expecting the "off-period" to be the rest of September and maybe part of October. I would expect to see Season X sign-ups start around mid- to late-October.

Fluba wrote:Geeze, that is one creepy clown. Something more along the lines of "It" to me...
Now you're getting somewhere. :cool:

Fluba wrote:Hummm, maybe Ill sign up this season. But I need a show idea and such.
:mad:

I gave you TWELVE just a page or two ago. :roll: ;)

FluteOfTheNewWorld
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by FluteOfTheNewWorld » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:46 pm

Hostrauser wrote:
Fluba wrote:Hummm, maybe Ill sign up this season. But I need a show idea and such.
:mad:

I gave you TWELVE just a page or two ago. :roll: ;)
And all of them outstanding if I might add!!
Soldiering On!

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:24 pm

Well, since everyone's already announcing their Season X show on FMB, here it is...

Ministry of Silence is proud to present...

Show Title: MAD CLOWN DISEASE (the music of Mr. Bungle)

Repertoire:
-- Quote Unquote / Love is a Fist
-- Pink Cigarette
-- Ars Moriendi (the art of dying)

Show Concept: spinning shadows revolving carnival lights flash on doggie night-bred whisky fishes in the trees over tents of nightmares incarceration subjugation grease-paint grease-food fat lady sings the strong man's grief ringmaster red-eyes yelling the noise of midway games with severed fingers loading guns shot balloons full of happy children smiling laughing shrieking crying don't be scared little boy i will kill you

Show Walkthrough:
http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?titl ... 1184524409

In general, guitars, winds and lyrics will be transferred to the brass; synthesizers and sound effects will be transferred to the front ensemble; and an original battery book will be written to complement them. The source material I linked is a little over twelve minutes to give you a full idea of the musical styles involved in the show (from the funk-metal/thrash-metal of "Quote Unquote" and "Love is a Fist", to the pseudo-country ballad "Pink Cigarette", to the Mexican banda-music influenced "Ars Moriendi"); the actual show will be tightened up to the 9-10 minute range.