Prom Nightmares

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

SithScorp
Rookie
Rookie

Prom Nightmares

Post by SithScorp » Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:39 am

This thread is about the horror stories that accompanies quite a few of our wonderful "Prom Nights".

Feel free to let the fur fly, though keep the language under control please. There are women and children present...

Mine will be posted shortly. I want to see one first...
Back to my training...

:maul:

SithScorp out...

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:26 am

At the 2nd Prom I went to I almost did not go becuz my date went on a weekend retreat with her girlfriends. When she came back she had a "I don't need a guy to have fun!" attitude. So she decided not to go with me to the Prom and instead couple days later decided to go with one of my best friends becuz he didn't have a date to the Prom. Luckily I found a date in time a WEEK before that Prom.

I got another story but it's not exactly a horror story. At another Prom I went to it was at a private Catholic high school. I brought some glowstix back when electronika wasn't as trendy as today. So the ONLY electronika song is played and I bust them out. 10 seconds later the high school staff asked for them. I went and asked for them just for that one song and they gave them to me and I did mah thang. Then I handed them over after the song AND a crowd gathered around me. I hate having a crowd around me.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

SithScorp
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SithScorp » Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:29 pm

Prom horror story. Prepare thyselves...

Hide the children. You have been warned...

Went on a double date with my best friend to our prom. (Mistake number 1, always go with just your date. Groups sometimes do not work.)

Anywho, I was ready to go early and ended up waiting 20 minutes for my bud to pick me up so as we could both go get our dates. First he needs to pick-up the flower pieces, his and hers (Mistake number 2. Always pick up your flowers the MORNING of the Prom. Do not wait until the evening. They usually make them the night before or first thing in the morning anyway. It worked for me...). We get to the flower shop and he says ,"I'll be right back." Famous last words...

So... 15 minutes later, I decide to go in for the rescue. My friend is about the sixth person in line, with somone at the front yelling obscenities to the workers because the job wasn't done correctly. The people that worked there were trying to explain that they were doing him a favor, since he had just come in and ordered it right then, and there were other people waiting. I kid you not on this next part. I did the Jedi(Sith in this case) Mind Trick on him from the back of the room. "These are not the flowers you want. You will just go to another store to get them. Leave now. Hurry..." With that, he yelled more expletives and left abruptly. Coincidence?

My bud gets to the front of the line, 5 minutes later, and now we are about 30 minutes late to pick up his date and in turn my date as well. We get to his date's house and the family wants to take three gazillion pics. We finally manage to get out of there after what seems like an eternity and are flying towards my date's house. We are now 45 mintues behind schedule.

We now arrive at my date's house at approximately 5:30. Dinner reservations are for 5:45, 20 miles away (Mistake number 3. Never live in a town where the top restaurant is McDonald's). We quickly have a brief photo shoot with my date and hustle to the car. I never knew a little 4 cylinder engine could go that fast...

We arrive at the restaurant at 6:00, and get our first break of the evening when the restaurant honors our reservation as late as we were. Next, we eat. Meal was ok. Service was SLOW AS HELL. Waiter did not get much of a tip. Then we were off to the Prom...

Then came MISTAKE NUMBER 4: Following the directions that ASB gave... Needless to say that without my prior knowledge of the location for the Prom, we would not have gotten there...

We get in and find some friends and relay our trials to them. Then came the worst part of the night. Another ASB mess up. The prom had about 1,000 people, and there were only 2, count them 1---2----, photographers... Add to this that people were taking every type of group picture known to mankind (ASB attention whores of course, hogging the precious time of the inadequate number of photographers). The rest of Prom was spent in line, waiting to get our pics taken. Sad thing is, we weren't the last ones in line...

My date was smoking hot (hey I was 17 at the time), my bud was looking sharp as was his date, and we got to stand in line for a few hours...

That was fun... NOT

Thanks ASB, another wonderful FUBAR job. That is why adults are supposed to handle the arrangements, and the kids do the busy work. But hey, it is called empowering the students...
Back to my training...

:maul:

SithScorp out...