Disney's new Concepts

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

JazzGeek
Veteran
Veteran

Post by JazzGeek » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:17 pm

Fluba wrote:
JazzGeek wrote:Does this mean I can't use my old E tickets? :twisted:
You still have Es!!!! I could understand As and Bs, heck, even some Cs and maybe a D or two, but Es... Wow...

Its so fun to pull out my ticket books that I got and show them to my friends. They all think they are so neat.
perks of the old system [late 70's early 80's]. I have a drawer full of tickets and old ID badges. My oldest daughter now works at Disneyland (she's a junior @ USC); she gets a kick out of the fact that I clued her in on some fun facts about the mouse and his Anaheim house....... :twisted:

visualstaff
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by visualstaff » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:10 pm

Fluba wrote:
WOO10's my Idol wrote:i heard they were taking down the C A L I F O R N I A letters in front of DCA
That is expected. The current word out is that the main enterance will close, be torn out and rebuilt out to about the arc of where the letter are now. And it will resemble 1920s LA and some movie theater, the name of which escapes me ATM.

And I though the DCA preview center didn't open for almost another year? Guess my time is off on that one.
I have only heard 4 months, but you know Disney, so close to a year is a good estimate of time as well! Either way I can't wait to see the plans...
-VisualStaff-

"Silence is the fabric upon which the notes are woven." ~Lawrence Duncan

"Leave the Cookies on the Field!" ~Anonymous

thatonehornguy
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Disney!

Post by thatonehornguy » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:33 pm

visualstaff wrote:
thatonehornguy wrote:From what I've heard, Disney is totally remodeling California Adventure in Disneyland Resort to make it into a Pixar Themed "Land." The Cars land is one of the mini lands in this new area.

Also, the Gallery in Disneyland above Pirates of the Carribean was taken down. Rumors are that that area will be used as an extremely expensive suite and the Gallery will be taken to the Opera House (Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln).

And last but not least, word is out about a new Disney Resort is being built on a beachfront...in Hawaii. I don't know which island exactly yet, but I knwo for sure that it's on the beach, which in my opinion, is just asking for a disaster...

And those are just what I've heard :cool2:
So, as a cast member, I can confirm that Carsland will be in DCA as part of their new lands. Why they didn't just call it radiator springs?--I don't know. Also, for sure there will be a beach-front property in Hawaii. If any of you disney nuts wanna know what's gonna happen to DCA just wait about four months because the San Francisco East Building by Golden Dreams is currently being renovated into a place where there will be a preview for guests to see the miniature models of what they plan to do with the park! :mm:

Thatonehornguy, you sound pretty familiar..."t--Rev" *cough*
Hahaha, I was wondering which one of you this was...if that made any sense...

You would be on a Disney thread...
What's the definition of perfect pitch?

The ability to throw a flute into a toilet without hitting the rim

visualstaff
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by visualstaff » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:00 pm

hehehe...you know me! :mm:
-VisualStaff-

"Silence is the fabric upon which the notes are woven." ~Lawrence Duncan

"Leave the Cookies on the Field!" ~Anonymous

barisaxroxmysox
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Disney!

Post by barisaxroxmysox » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:11 am

thatonehornguy wrote:
Hahaha, I was wondering which one of you this was...if that made any sense...

You would be on a Disney thread...
Ha ha ... same here :lol:
Riverside King Class of 2008