Emberasing Moments

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

cowsgomoo

Post by cowsgomoo » Sat May 10, 2003 2:03 pm

hahaha i have plenty of embarassing moments. like when i was riding my bike at night with my friend... there were 2 log things in the trail we were on... (i have really bad vision at night). neways, were going along, i go around the first one, and then i go around what i thought was the second one (it turned out to be the shadow of a tree trunk from the moon light going across the trail). about 3 seconds later i find the actual log... about 13 seconds after that i find myself sitting on top of my bike in the grassy part where the trail turns (but i didnt... i was busy crashing). my friend busted up laughing, but it was pretty funny, cuz i cant remember it, but when i was wiping out it looked dunny.

cowsgomoo

Post by cowsgomoo » Sat May 10, 2003 2:13 pm

ohhh.... or another one... ok, my freshmen year of band in 2001... our first competition... our biggest competition (it was at vegas, u know, where the judges follow u around on the field and stuf)... im marching along like nobodys business, all nervous and stuff, doing what i would consider somewhat of a good job... it just so happens that a pagentry member left her banner flag thing on the field in such a way that it could get stuck around any members foot at random... well it got stuck around my foot, and im bumbling around (in step with my horn up, of course) trying to get this thing off my foot. it was on there for few counts too, lol. i cant remember if i had a judge following me saying something or not, i was busy trying to get this thing off of my foot while trying to be completely inconspicuous about it. it was pretty funny.

or during this years show at the rehersals... when we had these huge moves that would require hauling ass, and a sharp direction change at the end of it... wet grass and sudden stopping or direction change... i fell down a few times, lol. and its pretty bad when the drill designer notices it over the loud speaker.

cowsgomoo

Post by cowsgomoo » Sat May 10, 2003 2:14 pm

ohhh.... or another one... ok, my freshmen year of band in 2001... our first competition... our biggest competition (it was at vegas, u know, where the judges follow u around on the field and stuf)... im marching along like nobodys business, all nervous and stuff, doing what i would consider somewhat of a good job... it just so happens that a pagentry member left her banner flag thing on the field in such a way that it could get stuck around any members foot at random... well it got stuck around my foot, and im bumbling around (in step with my horn up, of course) trying to get this thing off my foot. it was on there for few counts too, lol. i cant remember if i had a judge following me saying something or not, i was busy trying to get this thing off of my foot while trying to be completely inconspicuous about it. it was pretty funny.

or during this years show at the rehersals... when we had these huge moves that would require hauling ass, and a sharp direction change at the end of it... wet grass and sudden stopping or direction change... i fell down a few times, lol. and its pretty bad when the drill designer notices it over the loud speaker.

cowsgomoo

Post by cowsgomoo » Sat May 10, 2003 2:31 pm

cowsgomoo

Post by cowsgomoo » Sat May 10, 2003 2:39 pm

Last edited by cowsgomoo on Sun May 11, 2003 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cole167888
Rookie
Rookie

2 more

Post by Cole167888 » Sun May 11, 2003 12:31 am

both of these were embarassing and cuased harm to me....

it was the weekend afer valentines day and my little cousin had given me a chocolate that morning....i stuck it in my pocket and forgot about it...then my sister had a winterguard show in san jose (oak grove i think it was) and i stood up and there was chocolate allll over the seat...then i look at my butt and its all down my butt...RIGHT where it looks like you know..when i got out of the car i was trying to wipe it off (which by itself is embarassing) and my whole family is making it worse by laughing at me so hard that they werent functioning...so i decided "oh ill just leave my jacket on, ill be ok" so we got in the gym and by open i was burning up....when IO started i had to leave the gym and lay down i was so hot...finally i went to the car took off my pants and scrubbed at them and it mildly went away so i just decided to take off my jacket..iit was bad

the next one happened today...i was walking and talking and then i turned my head and closed my eyes cuz the sun was there and walked straight into a big thick pole...it took me about 3 or 4 seconds to register what happened...i have big lumps where i hit it...it wasnt cool at all
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

cowsgomoo

Post by cowsgomoo » Sun May 11, 2003 11:46 am

oh god.... i didnt know it actually posted the post that many times.... im sorry everyone!!!! i have a retarted comp, and it was acting like it WASNT posting.... guess it did, lol.. sorry.....

(add to list of embarassing moments)

aLL your BASS
New Recruit
New Recruit

my embarassing moment...

Post by aLL your BASS » Mon May 12, 2003 1:22 pm

oh geez...haha. i'd have to say one of my most embarassing moments was at my very first winter competition as top bass for my school. i was already having a hard time with the difficult drill we had (my short little legs! LoL!), and i was really happy that the jam part was coming up so i could relax a little bit and do the jam. unfortunately...i jammed too hard, and my bass came flying off me in the middle of the competition! luckily...i caught it just 6 inches from the ground (at least that's what it looks like everytime i watch the tape). i can always look back and laugh at that now, though...and the judges didn't even say anything about that on the tapes (you think they would've, too =P )!
-ceecee (vallejo high school c/o 2003)
snuh, guh, munch...NYEAH! =)

Personal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Personal » Tue May 13, 2003 8:57 am

Yeah, so last ar, my junior year, I am at Arcadia Field Comp. By the way, I am in Chino's band. And we are performing, and it is the last like three sets, where I take 3-8 strides back, and then switch and do like 4-8 strides forward. So anyways, I come down, and I mean hard. My horn was utterly destroyed. That sucked. However, everyone I talked to said that it was the best recovery that they ever saw. However again, the next Monday at school, when we watched the video, I got a standing ovation.
Conan: "I really don't think you're that bad of a guy..."

Salesman: "Oh but I am...if you'll remember I just tried to sell you Baboon Adrenaline."

smdrummajor03

Yet another from the endless archives...

Post by smdrummajor03 » Thu May 15, 2003 9:49 pm

OK...another one. Last year (my junior year) we were practicing basics at band camp. It was after dinner and the sprinklers on the field had been on. For some reason, our band had never had to do 2 to 5's in any show, so that was what we were practicing. And without marking time in the middle. I was front rank center file for this block and we did a set of 8 2 to 5's with a halt at the end. Suddenly, everyone behind me was like "Where'd Becca go?" I was on my butt in the mud because my feet slipped in the wet grass on the halt. Go me. Score 10 points for the front center guide.
"And the Trogdor smote the Kerrick, and all was laid to Burnination."

Shrekinet
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Shrekinet » Thu May 15, 2003 11:27 pm

hehe these are kewl embarassing moments. most of them have to do with band ( oh gee...i wonder why) but oh so much realer than um.. opening a teen girl magazine, like YM and reading about someones tampon flying out and landing on their crushes face or something. but ya have to admit...theyre pretty fun to read.

lets see...embarassing moment, when i had to make hand signals to remember which way was left when i was called to left face...naw just kidding i never did that :shock: no really! :D.. oh! i was switching seats because an upper classmen wanted to play first part, but when we were trading seats i tripped on a stand and my head fell in this guy's lap, and people gave cat calls and did things with their mouths and what not. that was pretty embarassing.

Lizzy05
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lizzy05 » Fri May 16, 2003 8:00 pm

hmmm.... embarassing moments, I'm sure I can name a few, though mine come from just plain stupidity.... okay, I was loading our truck this one time for our drumline, and the ramp was up so I figured I could probably jump up onto the ramp at the greatest of ease, well, I was wrong and I nailed the edge of the ramp right on my knee and came crashing down... everyone laughed while I was down on the ground just like...wow, it's true, white people can't jump...

Another one was when we were coming home from championships and we went to I think it was CArl's jR., but anyways, kids will be kids and me and a bunch of my friends decided to be complete idiots and pretend that we had a car and go through the drive thorugh, well, not only did we almost get hit by a car, but we found out that there are cameras in the restraunt of which the band moms were watching our every move on so later we got yelled at for...

My last one had to do with once again loading our truck for drumline...fun... yeah well, we have this person who is the person who pushes the button, and if they don't listen to us when we tell them to put the ramp down, we'll usually jump up and down on it indicating bring the thing down now... well, me and my friend were doing that and we jumped up and the person moved the ramp and I sorta fell off the edge right onto a ramp of which I eventually fell off of...that was really fun...you should try it sometime...
OHS '01 - '05

Dune00z
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Dune00z » Sun May 18, 2003 3:23 pm

I have a lot of embarassing moments so i decided to give my worst one from marching season.

During Arcadia I played crash cymbals during parade and my left cymbal came loose after a big crash. it fell to the ground with a giant smashing sound, its caught on tape too. My freinds wont let me live that down. :drop: 8-)

Lizzy05
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lizzy05 » Mon May 19, 2003 3:13 pm

I have another one...okay, this was my freshman year (last year) and we were loading the trucks (surprised?) for the C.I.F. football game that day. Well, me and my friend were getting the uniform racks and bringing them around the band room so we could load them up... well, I took a turn just a little tto sharp and the cart fell over right onto my biology's teacher's car... :x She didn't really talk to me much after that, though it is totally understandable :(
OHS '01 - '05