break ups

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

flagratgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

break ups

Post by flagratgirl » Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:18 pm

i just had my first break up and i wanna know how long the pain lasts. it really hurts but i know its for the better. it just suck that it happens right before wgasc championships but i wont let it get me down

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:25 pm

The length is up to you. You can sink into a hole of depression or you can keep your head up and enjoy life without him. There is however a time you'll feel like crap but the trick is to move on. There's probably another guy out for you but in due time.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

SithScorp
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SithScorp » Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:48 am

The ocean is full of fish. Do not get discouraged because you couldn't hold on to this one...

Others WILL come along. Do not fret or worry...

Life is too short to get all gloomy on this trivial subject...

Cole167888
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cole167888 » Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:51 am

well I had liked the same girl (well off and on...mostly on tho) since 6th grade...in 8th grade she liked me and we went out for about 3 months and then she dumped me...I was devastated..I kept liking her and finally in August (6 months later) I just gave up..it was hard but I kept telling myself it's not worth it to worry about her or whatever and I eventually got over her...good luck..hopefully you handle it better than I did!!
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:47 am

Oh yeah beware of rebound.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

nizmo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nizmo » Thu Apr 24, 2003 9:26 am

some people say it will take half the time you went out. others will say it'll be twice as long as the time you went out. but like [uci]-mike said, its really up to you. think of it as something positive. he wasn't the one for you and thats the way its gonna be. but now you have the opportunity to find the right guy so be happy about that.

and i hate to say this but you're still young. don't be too attached to a single guy. a whole new world will open up in college and beyond.

sokkerboie
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sokkerboie » Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:29 am

It's ok to feel emotions as long as you want. Just be honest with yourself. And relize that just because a relationship ends - that DOESN"T IN ANY WAY OR MANNER mean that you are not a good, worthy, important person....it just means that things (probably outside of YOU) didn't work out...........

Acknowledge the hurt, but go out with friends and talk and be honest and real and cry and watch sappy movies and go out and have fun and spin and all of that :wink:
Talent is not only a blessing, it is a burden, as the gifted ones will soon find out - Vince Lombardi

Puck
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Puck » Sun Apr 27, 2003 7:40 am

Everyone pretty much summed it up. I do want to reinforce [UCI]-Mike's warning of rebound. I've had my fair share and they're never fun in the end. Just take your time before finding someone else. Everything happens for a reason and everything always turns out for the best.
http://www.wginsider.com/
Visit WGInsider.com for the latest WGI Rankings and more!

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves." ~Will Durant

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:57 am

one thing i always kept in mind while i still had a gf was that high school relationships never really work out. So dont let your heart get the best of you. It softened the blow for me preparing my self for the end i guess. My Ex-GF and i actually went to homecomming in a "group" and she still wanted hugs and all that crap you usually wont expect from someone who dumped you. Kinda messed up huH!.

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Sun Apr 27, 2003 1:59 pm

it all depends on the relationship i guess. and [uci]-mike was right, it's up to you. judging on how you've been acting lately i think you did the right thing and you;re gonna be ok

Bass_NPHS

Post by Bass_NPHS » Sun Apr 27, 2003 2:39 pm

You know what girls cry over guys too much. I was dating a guy in Corps and when he broke up w/ me i cryed for like 2 days then i said to myself Hes not even that cute...so really you just have to keep looking.

flagratgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagratgirl » Sun Apr 27, 2003 4:53 pm

thanks im kinda over it now my close friends helped me by telling an instructor that i had a crush on him and they have helped me realize that theres no point in being sad and i have been happier

Bass_NPHS

Post by Bass_NPHS » Tue Apr 29, 2003 10:42 am

Thats grad hope you find the one soon!!! :P

colorguardchicken02

Post by colorguardchicken02 » Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:07 pm

SithScorp wrote:The ocean is full of fish. Do not get discouraged because you couldn't hold on to this one...
she doesnt want a fish she wants a man (sorry inside joke with my friends after i found out my bf was...no details...but i didnt break up with him 4 what he was doing...so yeah)
anyway, pain can last forever or it can last a day. u have to decide if hes really worth it or if it was just a fling kinda thingy...and if it was really worth it, find someone better, thats what i did after i broke up with chris, i found my pete. so yeah. (well first there was scott, but i broke up with him so yeah...oh and mike b4 that but i to bring that 1 up...ick... :roll: ) so just try ur best to move on when ur ready

Matadork05
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by Matadork05 » Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:11 pm

um...why was this brought back again???
-Reigning Miss NCBA-
Guard Alumni

My milkshake brings all the boys to the board and they're like "itz btr ten urz".