Madison Scouts New Uniforms

Topics and polls that cover the spectrum of the drum corps activity

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Madison Scouts New Uniforms

Post by Hostrauser » Tue Feb 18, 2003 7:16 pm

This is quite possibly the ugliest thing I've ever seen. And green and black are two of my favorite colors.

http://www.pbase.com/zackiedude/new_madison_uniform

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:06 pm

Hm, let's see.
1. The green/black shirts are virtually bare of adornments.
2. The white pants are cut too high.
3. The white gauntlets, when matched with the white gloves, don't go well with the top.
4. The red band doesn't go well with any of it.
5. The half fleur-de-lis looks smeggin' stupid.
6. The flourescent green on the fleur-de-lis doesn't match anything else.

I could continue, but I won't.

Wildabeast
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by Wildabeast » Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:20 pm

Ok, you've got to be kidding me. There is no way on Earth that they should even be allowed to wear that on the field. The idea of having a new uniform isn't bad, but the design of this one looks like a Frankenstein creation.

The light green needs to go. They won't look so Cavies/Pioneerish. The dark green can stay and the fleur-de-lis should open up completely so it looks like a fleur-de-lis and should be white, not some puke mint green. The red trim is for people that have super eyesight. That is not me. The sash doesn't need to come back, but the red can be figured out some other way.

For God's sake, the Colts unis are better than that. Might as well start selling Boy Scout cookies.

Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wait for better photos!!!

Post by Bandmaster » Wed Feb 19, 2003 12:34 am

Those photos are really poor quality. The colors are out of balance in these photos. In a dark room with uneven light from a flash camera. Trust me, they WILL look better in better light. Don't pass judgement until you see a better representation. Please!
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Re: Wait for better photos!!!

Post by Hostrauser » Wed Feb 19, 2003 1:25 am

Bandmaster wrote:Those photos are really poor quality. The colors are out of balance in these photos. In a dark room with uneven light from a flash camera. Trust me, they WILL look better in better light. Don't pass judgement until you see a better representation. Please!
I might change my mind on part of it, but I think item #5 in my list is there to stay... I don't think "better lighting" will help that one.

Mad City
Rookie
Rookie

Change....

Post by Mad City » Thu Feb 27, 2003 11:26 am

It doesn't surprise me comming from a couple Fantom Fans! Or Fantom Alumni should I say?!!?

We all have to change with the times. Change is the only constant in this
universe.

It doesn't WOW me but, we'll see what it looks like on the field.

Rock On!

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Re: Change....

Post by Hostrauser » Sat Mar 01, 2003 8:48 pm

Mad City wrote:It doesn't surprise me comming from a couple Fantom Fans! Or Fantom Alumni should I say?!!?
Say whatever you want: you'll still be wrong. I never marched with Phantom... indeed, I never marched, and I'm a fan of ALL drum corps. That doesn't mean I can't dislike uniforms.
Mad City wrote:We all have to change with the times. Change is the only constant in this universe.
Indeed, but that doesn't mean we have to embrace every change with open arms. I don't have a problem with Madison changing their uniform. I'm not crying that they should go back to their old style. I'm saying I don't like this new uniform. Period. They could change to another style uniform and I might be thrilled.

It's not the fact that the uniform changed that bothers me.

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Sun Mar 02, 2003 5:17 am

That Cadets mock-up is priceless. :lol: :lol:

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Mon Mar 03, 2003 12:18 am

Eh. A lot of pretentious ****s on that forum. Everyone there seemed to have the attitude of a lead sop player the last time I was there.

Besides, people post here, too... it's just that from December to August the posts tend to come in small quantities. ;)