DCI All-star Corps?

Topics and polls that cover the spectrum of the drum corps activity

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

musickaerf

DCI All-star Corps?

Post by musickaerf » Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:29 pm

How many of you Drum Corps fans out there think that it would be an awesome sight to witness an All-Star Drum Corps performing a show? My idea is to take the best sections from certain groups and put them together to form an All-star Drum Corps. This isnt going to happen really, but i thought this would be fun to see what everyone thinks about INDIVIDUAL sections. So let me know what you all think. Thanks!

Ex. sopranos- Blue devils, snares-Cadets etc. . .

[/u]

Wildabeast
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by Wildabeast » Wed Jan 29, 2003 11:50 am

Actually it has happened before, but in parades. There were a couple years in the 90's where there was one in the Macy's parade. We're talking twice the size too, not the limited 128 at the time. I think there was one year where they had one in the Fiesta Bowl parade.
-Stop global whining.

Oldtimer

Post by Oldtimer » Thu Jan 30, 2003 4:48 pm

I participated in the Fiesta Bowl parade in 1989 with the Drum Corps All Stars. Bill Cook from Star set it up and paid for it. There were 10-20 from each corps. It was a great time. One of the loudest things I have ever heard!! The best thing was hanging out with members of other corps in a non competitive situation. It was also kind of cool because we had won that year and had our shiny new championship rings on. It drove the guys from Phantom crazy! Go SCV!!

SCVRifle0234

Post by SCVRifle0234 » Sat Feb 01, 2003 12:20 pm

Just a friendly update: DCI launched in 2001 the expansion of how large a drum corps membership can be. It is no longer the limited 128 and is now 135. WHOO HOO!!! Perhaps in later years we can see a 140 member corps!!
Hey, I can dream, can't I? :lol: :lol:

SCVRifle0234

Post by SCVRifle0234 » Sat Feb 01, 2003 12:22 pm

hey OldTimer,
You recall from when you marched that it's not all about winning, right? Hehehe, congratulations in having partaken in SCV's historically "most successful" corps in it's history.