Kingsmen Alumni Corps 2007
Kingsmen Senior Corps 2009
San Francisco Renegades - 2010, 2011
San Francisco Renegades Assistant Corps Director - 2012, 2013

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:49 pm

Aww...I thought the Cavs would beat out thier old record of 99.15...

Still a damn good score...both by Cavs and Blue Devils.
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007

TMR Quint Kid
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TMR Quint Kid » Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:04 pm

Vanguard got high percussion, woohooo!!! I'm so proud of them :P

Survivor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Survivor » Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:20 pm

TMR Quint Kid wrote:Vanguard got high percussion, woohooo!!! I'm so proud of them :P
quess that beats the 3 year standing for the Cadets...... go Vanguard all the way I love the Red, White and Green
Show my Pride witht the SCV (Future Corp) Yep Yep!!!!!

Lead, Follow, or get out of the way!

-Dave Kuhns

DanielE
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by DanielE » Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:30 pm

Hopefully Vanguard will start a long streak as well....and longer than Cadet's......

Nice...I completely agree with the placements....
Chino Hills High School Percussion Ensemble

Tenor:03-05

guarddude
Veteran
Veteran

Post by guarddude » Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:35 pm

Carolina Crown....wow....they had a really great season. I was so pleased to see a newcomer into the mid level groupings of drum corp finalists. Now, for my opinions. Still think BD should have taken it. Their new story telling format was very cool. Cavies and their GE was great. I guess I'm just west coast at heart. It would've been nice to have the DCI champion from the West Coast as well.

I would hate to be the staff to the bottom 3 corps. It seems that anything could happen in that little corp "neighborhood" especially with the semi finals so close. I would be sweatin' bullets big time.

Onto Tour of Champions. I'll be sitting with my binocs on stealing equipment work for my fall and winter shows!!!!

GD

Tyler
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Tyler » Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:12 am

formermarcher wrote:Aww...I thought the Cavs would beat out thier old record of 99.15...

Still a damn good score...both by Cavs and Blue Devils.
It wasn't clean enough to even get 99 from what I saw
guarddude wrote:Carolina Crown....wow....they had a really great season. I was so pleased to see a newcomer into the mid level groupings of drum corp finalists. Now, for my opinions.
Personally, I didn't like their show. It was a little dirty for 6th

Still think BD should have taken it.
Cavies were cleaner than BD

clusknay
Rookie
Rookie

Bd...

Post by clusknay » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:21 am

I heard that they had a new ending to the show on finals night, and that a tenor player bailed on his way to the tunnel, and the entire drumline ran right on by. Then...DCI chooses to interview a tenor drummer after the show...and he looks alll jacked up. Anyone else see/hear about this?

malletphreak
Support Staff
Support Staff

Re: Bd...

Post by malletphreak » Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:22 am

clusknay wrote:I heard that they had a new ending to the show on finals night, and that a tenor player bailed on his way to the tunnel, and the entire drumline ran right on by. Then...DCI chooses to interview a tenor drummer after the show...and he looks alll jacked up. Anyone else see/hear about this?
I heard about the new ending, and if you go to www.live.dci.org the tenor player you're refering to is Tim Jackson. check the vid out hehe..
Wendy
Kingsmen Alumni Corps 2007
Kingsmen Senior Corps 2009
San Francisco Renegades - 2010, 2011
San Francisco Renegades Assistant Corps Director - 2012, 2013

Tyler
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Bd...

Post by Tyler » Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:37 pm

wtran00 wrote:
clusknay wrote:I heard that they had a new ending to the show on finals night, and that a tenor player bailed on his way to the tunnel, and the entire drumline ran right on by. Then...DCI chooses to interview a tenor drummer after the show...and he looks alll jacked up. Anyone else see/hear about this?
I heard about the new ending, and if you go to www.live.dci.org the tenor player you're refering to is Tim Jackson. check the vid out hehe..
I'm not sure about that one. The new ending was on Finals night. They only showed field interviews on SemiFinals night, not Finals night

And if it didn't happen, it wasn't all that noticeable to the whole crowd

clusknay
Rookie
Rookie

Post by clusknay » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:39 pm

Beg to differ with regards to the interview...they interviewed a tenor player after finals in the tunnel right after their "final show." I just mentioned it because from the people I talked to who went saw one of the tenors bail...I just hope it wasn't ala Magic of Orlando in 2k2 at Finals. Yikes. That was one of the worst falls I've ever seen. Guess the true tell tale will be when the DVD's come out and you have 3 or 4 angles to look at. hahaha, the drama builds.

Tyler
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Tyler » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:44 am

clusknay wrote:Beg to differ with regards to the interview...they interviewed a tenor player after finals in the tunnel right after their "final show." I just mentioned it because from the people I talked to who went saw one of the tenors bail...I just hope it wasn't ala Magic of Orlando in 2k2 at Finals. Yikes. That was one of the worst falls I've ever seen. Guess the true tell tale will be when the DVD's come out and you have 3 or 4 angles to look at. hahaha, the drama builds.
Well they didn't show any interviews to the audience on finals night

To tell the truth, I didn't notice the tenor fall from where I sat. But I guess it did occur

Trumpet Man 05
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Trumpet Man 05 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:17 pm

I think some were done on both nights. Don't know what will be shown on PBS though.

Finals was awesome on Saturday. Cavaliers deserve the win this year...but SCV was UNBELIEVEABLE. Absolutely awesome...their best performance this year and my favorite show of 2004. All of the corps did a fantastic job though Saturday, without question. One of the best nights of my life.
~Psalm 150~

OAS AAS LLS