DCI Crowd shouting traditions?

Topics and polls that cover the spectrum of the drum corps activity

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

guitarhorn2002

Post by guitarhorn2002 » Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:04 am

in 03 i was @ finals cause i knew a guy in SCV and he got us tickets, but the best thing i remember was the "vangaurd yell" in their closer! :cool2:

Wanahamania
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Wanahamania » Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:26 pm

Don't forget "Green Machines" for cavaliers!!!
~ Passion .... Pride .... Intensity ~

LMHSMetalGod
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by LMHSMetalGod » Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:49 am

i like that one with the crowd yelling a girls name durring the cavies, thats great, im gonna do that next time i see a cavies show.
GIT R DONE

cobybos
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cobybos » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:46 am

StraightWintrGuardDude wrote:i like that one with the crowd yelling a girls name durring the cavies, thats great, im gonna do that next time i see a cavies show.
Why?

xWMSxGrLx
Rookie
Rookie

Post by xWMSxGrLx » Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:31 pm

cobybos wrote:
StraightWintrGuardDude wrote:i like that one with the crowd yelling a girls name durring the cavies, thats great, im gonna do that next time i see a cavies show.
Why?
Maybe because it's a crowd shouting tradition?? Apparently, because there are no girls in the Cavaliers. They shout girl names because its an inside joke?

I'm probably wrong anyways, but to counter-argument that...

why not? :lol:
Baritone/Euphonium
2006 - "Rise Of Samurai" - Bass drum - caption :]
2006- "Oh, What a World" - WG
2007- JV WG- "Wanted: Dead or Alive"

cobybos
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cobybos » Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:49 pm

xWMSxGrLx wrote:
cobybos wrote:
Why?
Maybe because it's a crowd shouting tradition?? Apparently, because there are no girls in the Cavaliers. They shout girl names because its an inside joke?

I'm probably wrong anyways, but to counter-argument that...

why not? :lol:
I dont think it is as much tradition as it is "immature high school kid showing off to his friends."

BTW, maybe I'm wrong, as I usually am, but in the DCI tours I have done, I have only heard that "crowd shouting tradition" in Southern California...nowhere else, incuding finals.

I miss Mom Smith from VK. I do remember John, I can't remember his last name, he was a visual tech in 94 at VK, yelling "Up here!" from the box at an impact point.

I think the Blue Devils "I'm wet" started in 1992 just before the closer when the guard did their Saucy, seductive" routine.

Gabe

GussGuss
New Recruit
New Recruit

trad.

Post by GussGuss » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:27 am

i've been known to loudly shout/grunt the word "Impulse" before, during and after the impulse shows in cali and if i see them on tour. that started when i was in impulse and i would shout that during awards. then it just stuck and i do it all the time. also i would call out "Luuuuke" during awards when i was in impulse then that also stuck and i used that for as long as luke was in the corps. he was drum major for a few years and i believe he played cyms before aging out. - Ryan Humphrey