VELVET KNIGHTS. BRIDGEMEN L.A.CHINESE Long Beach Winners

Topics and polls that cover the spectrum of the drum corps activity

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Mr Pageantry
Veteran
Veteran

VELVET KNIGHTS. BRIDGEMEN L.A.CHINESE Long Beach Winners

Post by Mr Pageantry » Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:45 pm

Congratulations to IMPULSE for hosting another smash hit corps show... Weather, PERECT... Crowd LARGE & Enthusiastic... Millikan HS Stadium is ideal for a corps show!!! I want to thank the hundreds of corps fans, marching band friends and corps alumni who stopped by to say hello... It made my trip more amazing than the fact that just 3 weeks ago not much thought to drum corps was given... Never had been to a "sound Only " show... I just thank all those who said some prayers for me in the hope that I regain my eyesight....

Though the field show was spectacular... the results of the orders for World Of Pageantry's "gone but not forgotten Engraved License Plate Frames" was even more telling... The Velvet Knights seem to be the most sorely missed corps.... The frames purchased for VK outnumbered the Anaheim Kingsmen frames 4 to 1... With the Los Angeles Chinese Imperial Dragons a strong second... seems hard to imagine that my brother George Wong is gone a year now!! California YOUTH BAND FRAMES were tributes to the memory of the ROYAL CAVALIERS... THE SOUND MACHINE OF THE INLAND EMPIRE... (way to go Dave.....) and the Torrance SCARLET REGIMENT also the 5 time national champion Los Angeles Police Youth Band..... Surprisingly a number of License Plate Frames were dedicated to the LONG BEACH JR. CONCERT BAND... But THEY ARE STILL ALIVE and healthy.....

On The NATIONAL SCENE the most missed corps included "The BAYONNE BRIDGEMEN" (though they never toured the West, Star of Indiana, and the Bon Bon Girls Corps....) We even made one for St. Kevin's Emerald Knights in Boston...

IF YOU'RE PLANNING TO BE AT DCI IN DENVER... THERE IS STILL TIME TO ORDER YOUR VERY OWN "Gone But Not Forgotten" engraved License Plate frame. Just tell us the colors of the corps and the name and city they were from, the frames are chrome). We'll engrave the wording and send it to you by priority mail.... put it near the windshield of your rental car in Denver and then bring it home to put onto you car permanently... price is $16.50 including engraving and postage. Send info and check to PAGEANTRY... P.O. BOX 2961, ANAHEIM, CA 92804 att: Harvey Berish Checks made out to H.Berish/Pageantry....... our NEW daytime phone is 714-621-1043.
CEO
World of Pageantry