Tour of Champions

Topics and polls that cover the spectrum of the drum corps activity

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Wildabeast
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by Wildabeast » Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:14 pm

[UCI]-Mike wrote:I won't be going cuz I'm still recovering from my surgery. My doc rescheduled my follow up to the day of the quarterfinal showing in the theater.

Well there's always the DVD and next year.

That's too bad. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

BUT, as long as you brought up the dvd, let me spill what I found out today about preorders (discounted I believe).

Top 12 dvds - $99.00
13-24 Place corps dvds - $39.00
Total package for both - $129.00
Add the CD's to the package - $149.00
I don't remember how much the CD's are, but the salesman I talked to confirmed they should be coming out very soon after Championships. The dvds will take a little more time.

DCI's website says they are installing a new shopping cart "to provide you with a better shopping experience." The store is up, but they don't have anything up for preordering 2004 items. Best thing to do is call 1-800-495-7469 to order now (apparently they passed out order forms at Allentown and Orlando). These prices will go up soon if you don't act fast.

MinCook
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MinCook » Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:09 pm

are they even doing tour of champs next year?? I hear its a neg. :cry:
There is nothing more scary than a kid with an internet connection.

mrankimonki
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by mrankimonki » Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:17 pm

i'll be @ SJSU - dont have tickets in hand YET but they're in the mail:D

WOO HOO!!!

Ankit

MusicCoach
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by MusicCoach » Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:10 pm

Hey! Everyone

Unforunately! I wont be attending the TOC in Rose Bowl. I bought tickets from somoene on DCP forum for San Diego Show. I hope I will like it alot more then the Rose Bowl.

:D 8-) :P
Moreno Valley HS
*Front Ensemble/Battery Instructor* 08-09
*Drill Designer* 08
Temescal Canyon HS
*Front Ensemble Instructor* 05-08
*Marching Instructor* 05-07
Tracy Community Drumline
*Co-Director*
*Music Arranger*
*Drill Designer*

punkbandgurl127
Rookie
Rookie

Post by punkbandgurl127 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:15 pm

Im going to the DCI at Pasadena at the Rose Bowl Aug 11 i hope to see you there :D
Life moves pretty fast. If you dont stop and look around once in awhile you could miss it.
-Ferris Bueller's Day Off
DRT

Tyler
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Tyler » Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:22 am

Wildabeast wrote:
[UCI]-Mike wrote:I won't be going cuz I'm still recovering from my surgery. My doc rescheduled my follow up to the day of the quarterfinal showing in the theater.

Well there's always the DVD and next year.

That's too bad. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

BUT, as long as you brought up the dvd, let me spill what I found out today about preorders (discounted I believe).

Top 12 dvds - $99.00
13-24 Place corps dvds - $39.00
Total package for both - $129.00
Add the CD's to the package - $149.00
I don't remember how much the CD's are, but the salesman I talked to confirmed they should be coming out very soon after Championships. The dvds will take a little more time.

DCI's website says they are installing a new shopping cart "to provide you with a better shopping experience." The store is up, but they don't have anything up for preordering 2004 items. Best thing to do is call 1-800-495-7469 to order now (apparently they passed out order forms at Allentown and Orlando). These prices will go up soon if you don't act fast.
DVDs are supposed to be shipped/billed in October

Tyler
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: DCI Fan Primer

Post by Tyler » Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:31 am

Wildabeast wrote:In case you didn't see this in the marching band thread, share this with your fellow comrades who may be attending, as well as your adult parental units.

http://www.dci.org/news/news.cfm?news_i ... c21881e631

A drum corps show can be exciting, but don't do anything that will ruin the experience for others including the performing group. This can apply to any other pageantry event you attend.
Definitely a must read. Nothing like ruining a show to have some kids/adults rambling through a performance you paid to sit at.

At Denver, I sat in front of some BOA high school 'children' from Kansas who talked all throughout the 12-7th place corps on Finals night just because those corps weren't the top 6. Respect should be given to all corps. That linked website says to keep talking to a whisper. I'd rather not hear anything at all, or at most speak very very softly directly into someone's ear rather than even whisper

dudewheresmycar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dudewheresmycar » Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:31 pm

Just got back. Overall, awesome show. Great job to all the corps that performed tonight.

LovableSheep
Veteran
Veteran

Post by LovableSheep » Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:55 pm

dudewheresmycar wrote:Just got back. Overall, awesome show. Great job to all the corps that performed tonight.
Cool. I can't wait to see it tomorrow night.

dudewheresmycar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dudewheresmycar » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:33 am

I'll discuss my experience in detail when everyone's had a chance to see the show.

All I have to say is the Cavies and BDs were smokin from top to bottom and Vanguard showed the crowd what class is.

The Cadets will always be my favorite, though their show left me kinda, well...

Great job to Madison and Phantom.

That's all I'm saying for now.

Teever
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Teever » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:57 pm

Wow, what an experience!
The TOC at the Rose Bowl was unlike any other California show, where we usually get to see shows "in development", and you're likely to get 4 div. 2 corps and maybe 4 div 1 corps. Not only were the shows in their finals form, but without the pressure of competition the corps were all rockin! Add to that the fact that we got to see the top 6 corps ever all together in one show, in California, and it would have been awesome. But wait, there's more...
Don't wan't to ruin it for the folks up north, but expect a little something extra from each corps, and plan on sticking around for a history-making finale.
Simply amazingly well-done.

LovableSheep
Veteran
Veteran

Post by LovableSheep » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:22 am

Teever wrote:Wow, what an experience!
The TOC at the Rose Bowl was unlike any other California show, where we usually get to see shows "in development", and you're likely to get 4 div. 2 corps and maybe 4 div 1 corps. Not only were the shows in their finals form, but without the pressure of competition the corps were all rockin! Add to that the fact that we got to see the top 6 corps ever all together in one show, in California, and it would have been awesome. But wait, there's more...
Don't wan't to ruin it for the folks up north, but expect a little something extra from each corps, and plan on sticking around for a history-making finale.
Simply amazingly well-done.
I agree.

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:30 am

I TOTALLY AGREE!
i'm still so pumped from being there!
WHS '05, UCSB '10
WOP OT Round 1 Picture Battle Champion!
WOP OT Mafia Game II: First ever mafia champions
http://officeofstrategicinfluence.com/spam/

Tyler
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Tyler » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:41 am

VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED, with the venue at least
  • Horrible parking, unless you arrived between 4-6pm
    Poor acoustics
    Very noisy field lights, ruining ballads or other quiet parts of a show
    Horrible traffic leaving the stadium, pit carts entering where cars leave?
    Cars/buses tearing down road blocks to exit nearest where they parked?
There should have at least been a designated area for the corps buses and trucks, so at least pit carts wouldn't have to deal with oncoming traffic leaving the stadium. I had seats on the 50 and couldn't enjoy a ballad because of buzzing lights. Other than that, awesome shows but not as clean as in Denver--nor as loud because of pour acoustics of the open stadium. It's too bad that the Cadets baton twirler wasn't performing (was he injured?), because I guess that was missed out on if you hadn't seen the show prior

MinCook
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MinCook » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:39 am

WOW just got home from the Rose Bowl ToC. It was really awesome. One point I like to mention was I think the General Public and DCi over-hyped before that show, and it wasn't really all that hypin. The En Masse and the Instant encore was kool and history making and all, but it wasn't really "breathe-taking". :hum: The horns that night coulda screamed louder in the en masse. Although I know the En Masse has only been praticed last monday and I appreciate the corps efforts, I think people over sold the show. What I like was to see the corps performers extending there long season one more week to bring us one last taste of the drum corps :D
There is nothing more scary than a kid with an internet connection.