Tour of Champions

Topics and polls that cover the spectrum of the drum corps activity

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Wildabeast
Drum Major
Drum Major

Pictures from Cupertino/Sunnyvale/Spartan

Post by Wildabeast » Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:12 pm

Here are pictures to a fabulous ending of the Tour of Champions. You might notice 2 pictures where BD and Madison are not in uniform. Those 2 pictures were taken early in the afternoon before the Spartan performance where each corps performed for each other. For all, or many, of the members, this was the first time they've seen their shows all year. The Spartan Stadium show was spectacular! Dan Potter pretty much said it best. It was drum corps "in our laps." View it in slideshow mode and sit back and enjoy! If you use any of these pictures, please give proper credit.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/shar ... &sm=1&sl=0

BariSx_G
Veteran
Veteran

Post by BariSx_G » Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:14 pm

All the hype does make me sad that I didn't attend, but I had a blast in Mexico. Are they ever gonna do this (TOC) again?

TMR Quint Kid
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TMR Quint Kid » Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:03 pm

they are supposedly not next year. Who knows for the future..

clusknay
Rookie
Rookie

Post by clusknay » Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:57 pm

SJSU:
Pretty cool seeing Drum Corps in August here in Cali. You could definately tell though...that some of the corps were "over it." Hope to see champs here in a couple of years though...sooooomewhere out on the West Coast.

Sidenote:
I heard that The Cadets corps members were left to fend for themselves for rides home/back to New Jersey after the show last night. If so...man, that sucks. I wonder since the cadets own their own stagecoaches that they just sold the busses here, and just drove the corps' equipment truck/food truck back to NJ. Hmmmmmmmm...Also heard that while the 5 corps were down in Santa Barbara at the beach on Thursday, that The Cadets were up here rehearsing for the show on Friday??? Uh, yeah, if I were from the east coast, and were offered a chance to visit a beach, or rehearse (being this is after finals, and the other exhibition corps are there as well), I would choose the beach in a heartbeat. Dunno what's up with the mentality in that decision.

TMRMusicMaster
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TMRMusicMaster » Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:29 pm

clusknay wrote:heard that while the 5 corps were down in Santa Barbara at the beach on Thursday, that The Cadets were up here rehearsing for the show on Friday??? Uh, yeah, if I were from the east coast, and were offered a chance to visit a beach, or rehearse (being this is after finals, and the other exhibition corps are there as well), I would choose the beach in a heartbeat. Dunno what's up with the mentality in that decision.
thats hardcore, they should have taken some rest though cause there is nothing worse then a stressed over worked performance
Tustin High Schoo Marching Band and Pageantry Sax Section 02-03
TMR Sax Co-Section Leader 03-04
TMR Woodwind Captain 03-04
TMR Assistant DM 04-05
TMR Drum Major

Jordan Frausto
"JT"

mangotango
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by mangotango » Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:16 am

I went to Qualcomm but just in the parking lot to watch everyone warm-up. I went to the finals in Denver so I'd just seen all the shows and didn't really have enough money to also go to Tour of Champions. But I was fine with it because I love watching parking lot warm ups. It's almost as good as the actual show!!! I'll admit I was dissappointed that there wasn't a lot going on in the parking lot, but maybe thats just because I had just gotten back from finals and thats probably the best parking lot stuff you can ever see since theyre all competitive for finals. But yeah... I pretty much just watched SCV's drumline the whole time. They were so great though and I'm glad I went!

allthatjazz251

Post by allthatjazz251 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:05 pm

I was SOOOO mad whaen i could not go to the TOC event. :cry: I had no ride to get there from Fullerton and no one I knew was going that could take me. i ended up going camping at June Lake that week. I love DCI with a passion, too....I am always at the edge of my seat and on an adrenaline high at every show. It broke my heart... Man, I look like this at the tournaments... :shock: haha. Well gotta go. I have Brass Ensemble in 10 minutes! Peace out! I'm gone.
'NO TOUCHIE!'