Drum Corps 2003 predictions

Topics and polls that cover the spectrum of the drum corps activity

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Trumpet Man 05
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Trumpet Man 05 » Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:51 pm

Right now, I'm really pulling for the Blue Devils to win this year. Sorry Cavalier fans. It's neck-and-neck, and even though I like the Cavaliers too, I like Blue Devils a smidge better. :D Still, I'm pulling for Phantom Regiment even more though. They may not have a great chance of winning in August...but man...their show just blew me away when I saw them in Glendora. I definitely think Phantom will get a well-deserved and well-due spot in the Top 3...and if they win, that'll make me all the more happier. :D

But it's really hard to just have ONE favorite drum corps...

DCI Finals '03 Predictions:

1. Blue Devils
2. Cavaliers
3. Phantom Regiment
4. The Cadets
5. Santa Clara Vanguard

And don't forget...ties can happen too...just like they have in...well...about every DCI Finals in the past decade. :x
~Psalm 150~

OAS AAS LLS

Tyler
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Tyler » Thu Jul 17, 2003 4:29 am

Trumpet Man 05 wrote:Right now, I'm really pulling for the Blue Devils to win this year. Sorry Cavalier fans.
i couldnt agree with you more

my predictions
  1. blue devils
  2. cavaliers
  3. phantom regiment
  4. cadets
cavaliers may have beaten the blue devils by 0.30 tonight but i hope to see that to change come august

Trumpet Man 05
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Trumpet Man 05 » Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:46 am

D'oh!

No sooner do I post that and I go to DCI.org to check out scores. Last night, Cavies and BD finally competed, with Cavies coming out on top. :x Thankfully though, Cavies only beat BD by .3 points. Wow! It's getting close.

However, Phantom Regiment is now closing the gap. Before, they were about a point or two behind The Cadets and nearly 5 points behind the Top 2. Now they're 2 points ahead of The Cadets, and less than a point behind the Top 2.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again...I wish I were going to Orlando. :cry:
~Psalm 150~

OAS AAS LLS

mykll

Post by mykll » Sat Jul 26, 2003 3:59 pm

Santa Clara Vanguard all the way!!
From what I know, and what I have seen they deserve it. Yes, all the corps may work hard, but I do believe that some put in more heart and effort as a whole. With this in mind I would say SCV all the way. But at the same time one can never know what will happen, since the New Era show got 4th and it was a dope ass show, and when Madison Scouts did their Pirate show they got 7th...who knows what will happen.
I am a graduate of Rubidoux High School class of 2001.

drumr2437
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by drumr2437 » Sun Jul 27, 2003 11:10 pm

my picks are

1.Blue Devils
2.Cavaliers
3.Santa Clara Vanguard
4.Cadets
5.Phantom Regiment
6.Boston Crusaders